Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

New Everton Stadium

I can't imagine anything more stupid than placing a new 52,000 stadium right next to deep saline water.

Access, redevelopment and safety considerations would surely stop this going ahead?

Or, 10 years from now after a number of unfortunate alcohol related drownings, engineers will discover the steel structure of the stadium is rusting away and Everton will be looking for another new home.

Can’t see anything other than a new football stadium.............:dunno:

The most impressive ‘new’ stadium I’ve seen and visited is the Ricoh.  Very original D design. Shame with all the shenanigans going on at Coventry.

Edited by Robbored
22 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I can't imagine anything more stupid than placing a new 52,000 stadium right next to deep saline water.

Access, redevelopment and safety considerations would surely stop this going ahead?

Or, 10 years from now after a number of unfortunate alcohol related drownings, engineers will discover the steel structure of the stadium is rusting away and Everton will be looking for another new home.

Ever been to The City Ground ?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Bargain compared to Spurs ground.

The original budget for Spurs' ground was £300m, and it has a larger capacity.

£500m at this stage really is a 'finger in the air' value. The true cost of these projects is never known until completion.

7 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think the water bit is more fundamental than the salt. 

Building a new stadium next to a large amount of deep water seems an unnecessary safety risk. But the corrosion risk caused by spray from the Mersey will be significant for a painted steel structure. For both reasons, it seems like a poor choice in terms of location.

27 minutes ago, TBW said:

You sound like an old man.

Not really shagger.

Just looks like any other new stadium being built around Europe at the minute , especially the inside of it. 

Tottenham’s new stadium have some nice features that relate to them and it is unique. Don’t see a lot of that in the above video for Everton’s.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

Building a new stadium next to a large amount of deep water seems an unnecessary safety risk. But the corrosion risk caused by spray from the Mersey will be significant for a painted steel structure. For both reasons, it seems like a poor choice in terms of location.

St Mary's stadium is doing ok and fairly close to river which is fed from the sea 

23 hours ago, Xiled said:

I can't imagine anything more stupid than placing a new 52,000 stadium right next to deep saline water...

22 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Ever been to The City Ground ?

Or Fulham? Or Arbroath? Or Somerset CCC?

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Or Fulham? Or Arbroath? Or Somerset CCC?

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or Grimsby? You just walk across a footbridge over the railway line and you`re on the beach (or what passes for one in Cleethorpes)

Okay, back to my original post:

On 25/07/2019 at 22:41, Xiled said:

Being a patronising idiot, the point I am making is that it seems stupid to build a very large new stadium literally right next to the sea.

On 26/07/2019 at 08:25, Coxy27 said:

The original budget for Spurs' ground was £300m, and it has a larger capacity.

£500m at this stage really is a 'finger in the air' value. The true cost of these projects is never known until completion.

That's what Derby used for the Pride Park "sale"!