IGNORED

Changing units and Radar Keys

AshtonPark

So, we dont actually know if the FLO will read this at all, but i am hoping the club has installed the Radar Keys in all disabled toilets as per @Matt Parsons last update. @CotswoldRed have you had it confimed by the club ready for the new season?

According to the website changing tables have been installed in the following

Changing units are now installed in the following areas:

• West stand concourse disabled toilet next to W10/11
  • West stand concourse ladies toilet next to W10/11
  • West stand 2nd floor, Lansdown restaurant disabled toilet at the VIP1 end
  • West stand 3rd floor, disabled toilet at the VIP1 end
  • Heineken lounge disabled toilet
  • South / west corner disabled toilet next to A8
  • Coffee shop

Now, none appear to be in any blokes toilets so if all the disabled toilets are now fitted with Radar Keys what are blokes supposed to do with their kids?

@AshtonPark Surely any dads with young children that need changing will just get access to the disabled toilets & changing facilities via a steward. 

I don’t think there’s enough need for baby changing facilities to be put in/take up space in the busy gents toilets, so it makes perfect sense for the few that need them, to be able to use the disabled facilities. 

35 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

There seems to be a theme developing here. Somebody asks a question on OTIB, and then an hour or so later the SLO replies on Twitter. Surely it makes sense for him to just create an account on here too as he is clearly reading the forum...? ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been advised not to.

That way there are no club officials on this forum anymore, so less hassle for them. 

36 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

There seems to be a theme developing here. Somebody asks a question on OTIB, and then an hour or so later the SLO replies on Twitter. Surely it makes sense for him to just create an account on here too as he is clearly reading the forum...? ?

I don't think it is unreasonable for them to centralise all answers on one medium. stops the problem of some info being on here, some on twitter, some on the OS. This way they can just have everything on twitter, with links to the OS. Twitter has a broader and wider user base so it makes sense for them to choose Twitter over OTIB.

44 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I have an account on here but I prefer to keep it anonymous.

Edit: shit ?

2 hours ago, James54De said:

Just 3 toilets, in the whole stadium? After all this time?

I despair, I really do. I feel rather stupid for believing what I was led to believe during a detailed phone call with certain BCFC employees. Why do I listen? 

I won't say what I really think about the club and certain individuals, I'll be saving that for another day, but this is nothing short of bare-faced contempt and lip service to disabled people from BCFC. Reflects society in general I'm afraid. 

I sometimes hate this club.

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I despair, I really do. I feel rather stupid for believing what I was led to believe during a detailed phone call with certain BCFC employees. Why do I listen? 

I won't say what I really think about the club and certain individuals, I'll be saving that for another day, but this is nothing short of bare-faced contempt and lip service to disabled people from BCFC. Reflects society in general I'm afraid. 

It really doesn't seem unreasonable for the disabled facilities to be locked in a way that disabled supporters have exclusive access.

Not sure what the reasoning is here.

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

They’ve put baby changing in some disabled toilets so they’d have to be kept unlocked. All the toilets directly near disabled seating have be fitted 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I don't think it is unreasonable for them to centralise all answers on one medium. stops the problem of some info being on here, some on twitter, some on the OS. This way they can just have everything on twitter, with links to the OS. Twitter has a broader and wider user base so it makes sense for them to choose Twitter over OTIB.

I agree that Twitter should be used as it certainly does reach a lot more people than OTIB does.

My point was more that he obviously reads OTIB, so not sure why he wouldn't have an account on here ?

9 minutes ago, James54De said:

They’ve put baby changing in some disabled toilets so they’d have to be kept unlocked. All the toilets directly near disabled seating have be fitted 

"Have to be kept unlocked"? I categorically disagree. Nothing wrong with the bar areas holding keys for use by parents who need them. 

12 minutes ago, James54De said:

In which case they fit RADAR keys on all the disabled loos and given there are “stewards with keys,” anyone with a child could simply ask one of them to let them in with their RADAR key no? 

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

In which case they fit RADAR keys on all the disabled loos and given there are “stewards with keys,” anyone with a child could simply ask one of them to let them in with their RADAR key no? 

This conversation had already taken place. 

I'm not sure why we're back to discussing the merits of having locks and where they should be fitted all over again. 

This flies in the face of what I was told.

I told the club we wouldn't go to the last game of the season because the issue had come to a head and we no longer wanted to go to games due to constant run-ins with drunk fans and toilets awash with urine. They even tried to persuade me to change my mind as the locks "should be fitted before the weekend (of the final game)" . 

I could have sourced them and fitted them myself in 24 hours.  And I'm a software developer 

42 minutes ago, James54De said:

So what is it then? If I need to change my daughter, where do I go? Ask a steward for a radar key, go in the women’s toilet?

Why isn’t there still fitted radar keys among the all the toilets?

@Dollymarie surely the supporters trust should be putting heavy pressure on the club about this? 

44 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Where are the disabled toilets in the ground? Are they in with the men’s/women’s or are they separate to them? Got to say I’ve never noticed if they are in with the men’s in the south stand to tell the truth. 

Next to the mens toilet by the smoking area at the dolman/south stand corner is one disabled toilet 

Archived