IGNORED

BCTV 2019/20

old_eastender

11 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

I believe BCTV is an automatic renewal process for existing subscribers. If this is correct, has anyone received a notification or does it just continue without anything being sent/needed? 

It automatically continues, they will have taken money from your account throughout the summer too. You have to contact them to get a refund or you get the first 2 months free as beige charged you in the off season.

Just now, Badger08 said:

so confused with this.  it not really clear if i've autorenewed.  If I haven't, it only gives an option to pay one lump sum rather than monthly. 

When I've had the auto-renewing monthly sub in the past I'm sure you can your sub details in the accounts page including when the next payment will be taken. In fact, hang-on, ..... see this page

Any sub will show under 'Active Subscriptions' and you can see the transactions made below to confirm.

I’m having trouble subscribing to bctv. When I click on ‘join now’ under the Active subscriptions title on My account it takes time to ‘choose your pass’ but there are no options. It asks ‘Have a gift voucher or discount code?’ Which I don’t.

anyone have any ideas?? Would greatly appreciate any help. Would like to watch the Palace game.

8 hours ago, Unan said:

It automatically continues, they will have taken money from your account throughout the summer too. You have to contact them to get a refund or you get the first 2 months free as beige charged you in the off season.

So, the last payment I made was 2nd June and it says my next payment is due 2nd September.  This, as you said, looks like they throw in the summer months for free as nothing happens.

Have I got that right?  It’s a dogs dinner or a website.

I was being charged out of season so contacted the club and said i wasn't going to pay when there was nothing being broadcast. If fairness they apologised refunded my payment and told me to renew my membership in the new season which i did on Friday.

I tried to watch the game yesterday after paying the one off payment.  i only managed to watch about 5 mins of the game due to the picture constantly freezing and having to reboot. if this happens again i shall be asking for a full refund as the streaming is unwatchable

37 minutes ago, westonred said:

I was being charged out of season so contacted the club and said i wasn't going to pay when there was nothing being broadcast. If fairness they apologised refunded my payment and told me to renew my membership in the new season which i did on Friday.

I tried to watch the game yesterday after paying the one off payment.  i only managed to watch about 5 mins of the game due to the picture constantly freezing and having to reboot. if this happens again i shall be asking for a full refund as the streaming is unwatchable

Sounds more like an issue at your end if you need to reboot. What VPN are you using?

2 hours ago, westonred said:

I'm using Nord

Nord should offer good enough speeds but it could just have been an issue with the VPN server you are connected to (or even your local ISP).

If you decide to keep streaming for now I'd suggest running a speedtest before blaming city (I know they can suffer problems, but my only experience is streaming away games where the host clubs feed *could* also be at fault).

If you want another VPN to test with, try  Mullvad -  I've never had any issues with them. When you generate an account number (there is no signing in to do) you get the first hour (from the time of account generation) free. You'll also probably need their client software unless you are happy configuring openVpn in windows/mac/linux.

Good luck.

BCTV has been rebranded as Robins TV for the new season, with "a pre-match show featuring player and coach interviews, while in-game there will be full commentary with expert in-game analysis, replays, multi-camera angles and on-screen graphics".

This part of the story caught my eye though:

"For the second year in a row, we will also stream to our domestic fans all matches which fall outside of the broadcast blackout (those fixtures not played between 2.15pm-5.15pm on a Saturday). So if you can’t make it down to Ashton Gate for a weeknight game you can still support your club by subscribing for just £10 via our live streaming service."

We definitely weren't able to stream all matches that fell out of the broadcast blackout last season, in fact the majority of midweek/Sunday games at the end of last season were unavailable.

Anyway, full story here:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/citys-streaming-service-back-for-the-new-season/

CITY'S STREAMING SERVICE BACK FOR THE NEW SEASON

The Robins’ official video channel has undergone a transformation, allowing you stay closer to the action than ever before.

Robins TV, formerly BCTV, gives you free access to all of our behind-the-scenes content from player and coach interviews to match highlights and analysis.

ROBINS TV LIVE – FOR OVERSEAS SUPPORTERS

If you are overseas, you can subscribe to our established international live streaming service which allows you to watch each match, provided it isn’t selected for TV broadcast.

So whether you live permanently outside the UK & Ireland or are just away on holiday and don’t want to miss any of the action, subscribe here to watch City this season.

An annual season pass costs £110 and a monthly pass costs £14.99, unlocking matchday streams to make you feel like you are with the team.

The 2019/20 season will include a pre-match show featuring player and coach interviews, while in-game there will be full commentary with expert in-game analysis, replays, multi-camera angles and on-screen graphics.ICK HERE

ROBINS TV LIVE - UK, IRELAND & CHANNEL ISLES SUPPORTERS

For the second year in a row, we will also stream to our domestic fans all matches which fall outside of the broadcast blackout (those fixtures not played between 2.15pm-5.15pm on a Saturday). So if you can’t make it down to Ashton Gate for a weeknight game you can still support your club by subscribing for just £10 via our live streaming service.

To buy a one-off £10 Robins TV pass for these domestic fixtures, visit the link below where they will appear closer to that particular game.CLICK HERE.

Please note, that due to EFL broadcasting regulations Robins TV is not allowed to video stream Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup fixtures as well as matches chosen for Sky Sports / overseas broadcast. An audio-only stream will still be available through Robins TV.

EFL broadcast regulations dictate that supporters who choose to watch the live video stream using a tablet or mobile device will need to download and use the official Bristol City app. Click here to find the relevant app download link, depending on your device. ­

MATCHDAY LIVE AUDIO COMMENTARY

Live audio commentary is available worldwide exclusively here brought to you by BBC Radio Bristol.

Seasonal audio passes cost £45 and include ALL first team fixtures in the Sky Bet Championship, Carabao Cup and Emirates FA Cup. Alternatively, a monthly audio pass costs £5 month.

59 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

BCTV has been rebranded as Robins TV for the new season, with "a pre-match show featuring player and coach interviews, while in-game there will be full commentary with expert in-game analysis, replays, multi-camera angles and on-screen graphics".

This part of the story caught my eye though:

"For the second year in a row, we will also stream to our domestic fans all matches which fall outside of the broadcast blackout (those fixtures not played between 2.15pm-5.15pm on a Saturday). So if you can’t make it down to Ashton Gate for a weeknight game you can still support your club by subscribing for just £10 via our live streaming service."

We definitely weren't able to stream all matches that fell out of the broadcast blackout last season, in fact the majority of midweek/Sunday games at the end of last season were unavailable.

Anyway, full story here:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/citys-streaming-service-back-for-the-new-season/

CITY'S STREAMING SERVICE BACK FOR THE NEW SEASON

The Robins’ official video channel has undergone a transformation, allowing you stay closer to the action than ever before.

Robins TV, formerly BCTV, gives you free access to all of our behind-the-scenes content from player and coach interviews to match highlights and analysis.

ROBINS TV LIVE – FOR OVERSEAS SUPPORTERS

If you are overseas, you can subscribe to our established international live streaming service which allows you to watch each match, provided it isn’t selected for TV broadcast.

So whether you live permanently outside the UK & Ireland or are just away on holiday and don’t want to miss any of the action, subscribe here to watch City this season.

An annual season pass costs £110 and a monthly pass costs £14.99, unlocking matchday streams to make you feel like you are with the team.

The 2019/20 season will include a pre-match show featuring player and coach interviews, while in-game there will be full commentary with expert in-game analysis, replays, multi-camera angles and on-screen graphics.ICK HERE

ROBINS TV LIVE - UK, IRELAND & CHANNEL ISLES SUPPORTERS

For the second year in a row, we will also stream to our domestic fans all matches which fall outside of the broadcast blackout (those fixtures not played between 2.15pm-5.15pm on a Saturday). So if you can’t make it down to Ashton Gate for a weeknight game you can still support your club by subscribing for just £10 via our live streaming service.

To buy a one-off £10 Robins TV pass for these domestic fixtures, visit the link below where they will appear closer to that particular game.CLICK HERE.

Please note, that due to EFL broadcasting regulations Robins TV is not allowed to video stream Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup fixtures as well as matches chosen for Sky Sports / overseas broadcast. An audio-only stream will still be available through Robins TV.

EFL broadcast regulations dictate that supporters who choose to watch the live video stream using a tablet or mobile device will need to download and use the official Bristol City app. Click here to find the relevant app download link, depending on your device. ­

MATCHDAY LIVE AUDIO COMMENTARY

Live audio commentary is available worldwide exclusively here brought to you by BBC Radio Bristol.

Seasonal audio passes cost £45 and include ALL first team fixtures in the Sky Bet Championship, Carabao Cup and Emirates FA Cup. Alternatively, a monthly audio pass costs £5 month.

Does that mean no sky red button this season ?

14 minutes ago, boadle said:

If we have been charged in the close season, which it appears many of us have, do we need to contact the club to get a refund or credit, or is it an automatic process?

There was a thread on this a couple of months ago. Matt Parsons replied and gave some direction for fans to complain or seek a refund. No idea if it works as I wasn't affected. Your answer is probably in that thread somewhere.

On 28/07/2019 at 13:32, Sleepy1968 said:

Nord should offer good enough speeds but it could just have been an issue with the VPN server you are connected to (or even your local ISP).

If you decide to keep streaming for now I'd suggest running a speedtest before blaming city (I know they can suffer problems, but my only experience is streaming away games where the host clubs feed *could* also be at fault).

If you want another VPN to test with, try  Mullvad -  I've never had any issues with them. When you generate an account number (there is no signing in to do) you get the first hour (from the time of account generation) free. You'll also probably need their client software unless you are happy configuring openVpn in windows/mac/linux.

Good luck.

What I don't get is if you're registering to Robins TV with a VPN for overseas account, what home address would one register with??? Just curious....

3 hours ago, mozo said:

What I don't get is if you're registering to Robins TV with a VPN for overseas account, what home address would one register with??? Just curious....

Your real home address. Unless you want problems, especially with your credit card company.

45 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Has anyone found out whether there is a monthly option for the tv coverage or is it annual payment only.  Despite the rebrand it still appears to talk about monthly availability but no option to purchase showing?

You are right, despite price being announced for monthly (up to £14.99 from £12.50 last two seasons), no option to subscribe other than annual.... odd.

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Your real home address. Unless you want problems, especially with your credit card company.

Ahh okay, I just thought they might think that the home address doesn't match the VPN nation but I guess they don't care. 

Not that I'm considering doing this...

12 hours ago, old_eastender said:

You are right, despite price being announced for monthly (up to £14.99 from £12.50 last two seasons), no option to subscribe other than annual.... odd.

I noticed this. I wondered if the monthly option isn’t there yet because we won’t be able to get the Leeds game as it’s on Sky 

hoping for a decent stream

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 07:09, real_bristol said:

I noticed this. I wondered if the monthly option isn’t there yet because we won’t be able to get the Leeds game as it’s on Sky 

hoping for a decent stream

Still no option to pay monthly to watch, only to pay for annual subscription, hope monthly option becomes available before Saturday...

1 hour ago, Dan Robin said:

Did anyone try this option?

I can't find it on the this page , even if the pay per view option is listed here?

I’ve used the £5 per game option a few times this season.  You’re right, it’s not listed on the page at the moment.  My guess is that it’s only added on a match day.

Archived