IGNORED

Bristol City v Crystal Palace - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

Hurrrrah!

Saturday at 3pm is back and Ashton Gate is ready and waiting for the thousands of feet, walking through the echoed concourses.

The final pre-season friendly of 2019 is always the big one. The home game against a bigger club. In past years, some of the friendlies we've had include Bournemouth, Twente, West Brom, Charlton, Rangers, Southampton and when Delboy was in LJ's office, we did have the Great Tour of Scotland - playing St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Dunfermline.

So quite the mix. And now, old favourites Palace have been added.

Everyone remembers this and the far reaching consequences it had - namely old Colin losing his shit and him threatening everyone at City, the EFL, the FA etc with disembowelment - but I was surprised to see it appear on Palace's own Twitter account this week...

Nice to see they have a sense of humour tho... ?

Last time we played them, it was the now famous cup run where we knocked out 4 PL clubs (Man U... chills) and gave Man City a run for their money. These guys were our 3rd scalp after knocking out Watford and Stoke, and we went on to beat Palace with a 4-1 win and a Duric goal - I'd honestly forgotten about him. 

The question on Palace fan lips is will Zaha be on board the team bus? Rumoured to be sold to Arsenal (with Eddie Nketiah coming to us from them), Zaha's replacement has already been snapped up in Jordan Ayew from Swansea. His presence or lack thereof will be much discussed today in the Atyeo end. 

On to today.

Our toughest game was Derby. I said that at the start. Today, depending if LJ does the stupid whole American quarter thing, we're losing 3-2. If it's a regular 90 minute game with the standard 15 mins at 45m, 2-2. If Zaha plays, please don't hurt him Kalas and Webby - Arsenal won't buy him if he's crocked.

Next week is the big day. The return. I'm already planning talks with @havanatopia to ease him away from his work desk and back to OTIB. If I'm successful, I'll see you all in the first cup match. Plymouth Argyle. Just wait and see.

Until then,

COYRS!

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hurrrrah!

Saturday at 3pm is back and Ashton Gate is ready and waiting for the thousands of feet, walking through the echoed concourses.

The final pre-season friendly of 2019 is always the big one. The home game against a bigger club. In past years, some of the friendlies we've had include Bournemouth, Twente, West Brom, Charlton, Rangers, Southampton and when Delboy was in LJ's office, we did have the Great Tour of Scotland - playing St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Dunfermline.

So quite the mix. And now, old favourites Palace have been added.

Everyone remembers this and the far reaching consequences it had - namely old Colin losing his shit and him threatening everyone at City, the EFL, the FA etc with disembowelment - but I was surprised to see it appear on Palace's own Twitter account this week...

Nice to see they have a sense of humour tho... ?

Last time we played them, it was the now famous cup run where we knocked out 4 PL clubs (Man U... chills) and gave Man City a run for their money. These guys were our 3rd scalp after knocking out Watford and Stoke, and we went on to beat Palace with a 4-1 win and a Duric goal - I'd honestly forgotten about him. 

The question on Palace fan lips is will Zaha be on board the team bus? Rumoured to be sold to Arsenal (with Eddie Nketiah coming to us from them), Zaha's replacement has already been snapped up in Jordan Ayew from Swansea. His presence or lack thereof will be much discussed today in the Atyeo end. 

On to today.

Our toughest game was Derby. I said that at the start. Today, depending if LJ does the stupid whole American quarter thing, we're losing 3-2. If it's a regular 90 minute game with the standard 15 mins at 45m, 2-2. If Zaha plays, please don't hurt him Kalas and Webby - Arsenal won't buy him if he's crocked.

Next week is the big day. The return. I'm already planning talks with @havanatopia to ease him away from his work desk and back to OTIB. If I'm successful, I'll see you all in the first cup match. Plymouth Argyle. Just wait and see.

Until then,

COYRS!

Well done Peg. Great to be reading your pre match write ups with a sense of excitement again...

Looking forward to seeing SS for the 1st time too...

?⚽?

Would’ve liked to have been at this one, but on holiday in deepest, darkest...Cornwall. Miss next week too, but will find a pub with it on.

Welcome back from your summer break City fans. 

Gonna be an exciting season. 

If we win, it’s promotion!

If we lose, it’s just pre-season!!

See you all QPR.  

Looking forwards to this game, my first match of the pre-season.  Hopefully will be plenty of goals like most of our pre-season games thus far.

I'm going 3-2 to City.

Anyone know if tickets are being sold at the ground?  I've tried ringing the club line, but been on hold for 22 minutes!

Can't make this one due to other commitments (i.e. free family chauffeur). Had I been aware of this one far enough in advance I would like to have seen the game.

Assuming that there might be some highlights on BCTV or Youtube perhaps later on.

Don't expect a very big crowd for a friendly but being a nice day if you might decide to go down at the last minute.

Will be interesting to see how Smodics fits in and how Dan Bentleys style affects us at the back.

57 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Looking forwards to this game, my first match of the pre-season.  Hopefully will be plenty of goals like most of our pre-season games thus far.

I'm going 3-2 to City.

Anyone know if tickets are being sold at the ground?  I've tried ringing the club line, but been on hold for 22 minutes!

If you are paying on day - ensure you leave yourself plenty of time Kev by recent AG friendly experiences

If you leave it too late you may find a big queue and miss KO 

Has FFS and WTF been in pre-season training ready for the big kick off and when can we expect to see them in action?

Do they get a run out in today's friendly or do we save then for the Leeds game?

Be very interesting to see who's in the squad today it will be an indication as to who's staying and going Taylor Watkins ??  maybe a new face in squad Joao , Moore,  some foreign player no ones mentioned yet ? Exciting times COYR

32 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

what's the chances of a new signing coming onto the pitch at half time. 

There's not much that gets you an fa charge these days, but I'd imagine that would be one. Let's not go blotting our copybook before the season starts.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bentley, Hunt, Dasilva, Webster, Brownhill, Diédhiou, Weimann, Szmodics, Eliasson, Pack (C), Kalas.

Subs: Gilmartin, O'Dowda, Walsh, Paterson, Moore, Rowe, Rees.

Weird bench. No Semenyo and why is Rees on the bench ?

I would suggest that he isn't playing because he is suspended next week. Rees is on the bench as I also think Taylor and Watkins will be off.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bentley, Hunt, Dasilva, Webster, Brownhill, Diédhiou, Weimann, Szmodics, Eliasson, Pack (C), Kalas.

Subs: Gilmartin, O'Dowda, Walsh, Paterson, Moore, Rowe, Rees.

Weird bench. No Semenyo and why is Rees on the bench ?

Another game happening somewhere? 

Missing Taylor, Baker, Wright, Vyner, Janneh, Adelukun, Watkins. 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

That’s under 23s so most of those won’t be playing I doubt 

Yes, but it would be odd for them not to be involved in game time a week before the season starts.

Its a friendly so no reason why over 23's can't play.

Edit: Having now seen the teamsheet for the Yeovil game, Taylor, adelakun, and Semenyo playing but Wight, Watkins, Vyner, and Baker have no game today.

Odd.

Archived