IGNORED

Bristol City v Crystal Palace - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks Exiled

I got the impression from some that he was responsible for it all 

Disagree, done short or mistimed passes coupled with successful passes that have slowed the game or gone backwards.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

We have nothing upfront.

this game is playing out like a friendly on that it should be about 4-3.

We just have nothing upfront.

What we have upfront is Weimann making runs to the back post and being NOT found every time. Much like every week last season

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

4-0

Jesus wept

What sort of defending is that

Seriously concerning

5-0 now...all our bollocks about Webster Kalas Desilva et al today they look dreadful....All of a sudden we have to come to terms with the fact we have not improved anywhere...

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

0-5......for those of you saying we are playing lovely football, open your fking eyes

We are playing some very nice stuff.

the defending has been shambolic and we’ve not taken any of our chances.

On the other hand palace have been excellent at finishing chances, a class above

Just now, Im_over_ere said:

Has Bentley saved much today? I know the defending has been poor but some reflex saves would keep the core down. Hope his performances are more inspiring 

Really?

I can recall some great saves and touches

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

What we have upfront is Weimann making runs to the back post and being NOT found every time. Much like every week last season

5-0 now...all our bollocks about Webster Kalas Desilva et al today they look dreadful....All of a sudden we have to come to terms with the fact we have not improved anywhere...

I’m not there and only seeing the goals on Sky but it looks like our players are treating it as an inconvenience to be playing

Shocking attitude and willingness to defend  

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Pack didn't track his man then, couldn't keep up.

I think it was pure laziness rather than an inability to keep up. He didn’t even try.....

This has been a properly wretched performance. I couldn’t name you one player who’s had an even half decent game. 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

On the other hand palace have been excellent at finishing chances, a class above

Forest Green were pretty good at finishing too!

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m not there and only seeing the goals on Sky but it looks like our players are treating it as an inconvenience to be playing

Shocking attitude and willingness to defend  

I’m watching on bctv... have the entire shit fest live in my living room

Sky report

Townsend gets to the byline inside the box and City's defenders are drawn to the ball like moths to a lamp, allowing Wickham the freedom of Ashton Gate to slot in a fifth of the afternoon when he receives the ball. 

Shambolic from the Robins - and not what the doctor ordered eight days before a big Sky Sports clash with Leeds next Sunday at 4.30pm!

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

£35 million quids worth of defenders on the pitch and we concede 5.  Something wrong somewhere.

...but 2 of them are new, big money signings so will need time to bed in and get used to their team mates, playing systems etc.      :whistle:

2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Classic OTIB meltdown.

That's what pre-season friendlies are for - to get you absolutely ready for the new season. :) 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

seen the goals and they’ve hardly had to perform at Premier Level to score their 5

Defending like a pub side

4 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I think it was pure laziness rather than an inability to keep up. He didn’t even try.....

This has been a properly wretched performance. I couldn’t name you one player who’s had an even half decent game. 

Van Aanholt has been class.

On a serious note - Paterson has been bright and lively since he's been on.

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Sky report

Townsend gets to the byline inside the box and City's defenders are drawn to the ball like moths to a lamp, allowing Wickham the freedom of Ashton Gate to slot in a fifth of the afternoon when he receives the ball. 

Shambolic from the Robins - and not what the doctor ordered eight days before a big Sky Sports clash with Leeds next Sunday at 4.30pm!

I was really looking forward to that :(

I’m not at the game but on holiday in Turkey but will be interesting to hear what LJs post match interview and analysis of the game 

I was fairly upbeat about the new season and playing Leeds a week tomorrow but getting dicked by a Palace team that are perennial strugglers is a bit of a concern

Hopefully it’s just one of those days!!!

Archived