IGNORED

Bristol City v Crystal Palace - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m not there and only seeing the goals on Sky but it looks like our players are treating it as an inconvenience to be playing

Shocking attitude and willingness to defend  

LJ said the first half performance at FGR was "grumpy" , which I took to mean the attitude was bad. Looks like today is even grumpier. The question is why?

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

Does anyone actually think we are an auto promotion side. I certainly don't. I would have expected improvement on last season which would be play offs. Also would have expected giving Palace a game not a training session. And maybe a goal.

I'm not sure I expect better than last year. Our biggest signings are players we already had. We've lost a decent defender and the other signings are unproven at this level except Bentley, and a goalkeeper wasn't what we really needed. 

We'll do well to finish where we did last season and that's not a dig, just realistic. 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We’ve created a few decent chances, just totally panicked when we’ve got into the box.

Shocking is a very strong word but you can tell there’s a massive difference between top half championship and mid table premier league 

Really. Did you think there was a 5-0 difference between city and palace at the start of the game?

if we have any aspirations of getting promoted, you don’t expect to get dicked at home by a mid lower prem side

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not sure I expect better than last year. Our biggest signings are players we already had. We've lost a decent defender and the other signings are unproven at this level except Bentley, and a goalkeeper wasn't what we really needed. 

We'll do well to finish where we did last season and that's not a dig, just realistic. 

Blimey Cotswold, stop with that observation of what has actually happened so far!!!!

Pray we have a couple of somethings up our sleeves.

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

5 down is a bad day at the office, yes, but we're nowhere near being an auto-promotion side anyway. We'll make the playoffs if we have a very, very good season. 

Set expectations accordingly. 

Make that two bad days at the office, as we conceded three against lowly Forest Green Rovers as well. Right now, our highly rated defenders are not even remotely living up to their billing. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I agree with you on that. But my expectation would have been based on last season and with the bold transfer approach that was being talked about that we should do better. But with no striker and midfield still unresolved I think it would be a miracle to improve on last season. Particularly as the same problems continue to be unresolved.

Just now, eric04 said:

Three weeks of sun on their backs in Florida appears to have softened our lot. 

What happened to good old fashioned grind? 

1) It was ten days not three weeks.

2) I went, I watched them train. It was tough as hell. Nothing soft about it at all.

1 hour ago, Bizyer said:

Fine in Spain

I really do not understand BCTV.  Some days it is fine - others it is unwatchable with constant freezing.  You are OK in Andalucia - I am not a million miles away between Almeria and Alicante yet only about 40% of games are trouble free.  I have tried Firefox and Google - both bad.  Any suggestions as I do not intend to renew my subscription at present.

Disappointing to concede so many, defence was meant to be the area we are happy with.

On the plus side, we seem to get hammered a couple of times a season, so it's good to get one out of the way this week.

Also, if there is any doubt in LJ or SL mind that we really do need to strengthen this week, they must be certain of it after this!

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

1) It was ten days not three weeks.

2) I went, I watched them train. It was tough as hell. Nothing soft about it at all.

Well they were “jet lagged” against FGR... and apparently still playing at half pace today.

I don’t doubt they trained hard over there, and hope it pays dividends over the months to come. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Quite a few, including myself, have been saying similar all pre-season.

We simply have not strengthened the squad since last season whilst other clubs may have (subjective, but I feel that is the case).

A proper striker (one who can take a chance here and there) and a defensive midfielder will mean we have strengthened the squad and give us a realistic chance of a shot at the play offs. Hopefully they'll come in during the next week. 

A few knee jerk reactions on here which, after a 0-5 mauling at home, are totally understandable.

6 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

But with no striker and midfield still unresolved I think it would be a miracle to improve on last season. Particularly as the same

I think the club feel Sammy was the solution to our need for more midfield creativity - it may be unresolved but they have tried to inject new blood within a realistic budget!

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

On a positive note, pre season has concluded for OTIB and has gone well.  Despite months off of football we're quickly back to lynching our players.

I'd say OTIB is ready for the new season.

I don't think there was a single FFS. Still work to be done before next week.

Our first 6 opponents, Leeds, Brum, QPR, Derby, Hull and Boro must be quaking in their boots with thoughts of facing our attack force....  and getting their calculators out for the score count; are we ready for them ummm? ?.

Well at least the transfer window is still open and i hope the 'powers that be' finally realise that we need a defensive and creative midfielder and two lethal strikers one big un and one fox in the box type. We have been short of these type of players (of championship quality) for a few seasons now hopefully we can address this ASAP .  

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

On a positive note, pre season has concluded for OTIB and has gone well.  Despite months off of football we're quickly back to lynching our players.

I'd say OTIB is ready for the new season.

at least one part of this club is then ?

Archived