IGNORED

Nathan Thompson........

BCFC1512

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Or to put it another way there's always players on the oppo team (like on ours I'm sure) who are annoyingly niggly so and so's. Some of them are also good. Let's hope he's one of them.

Like Taylor. Who it seems after the most lack luster gutless preseason performance in our history we are selling!

Comment from a friend who is a life-long Pompey fan....Nathan did a great job for us at right back really good!! Refused a new two year improved contract... I’m sure he’d do a good job for you... his last chance of the big time! 

20 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Mixed feelings, although a rated player in a position we need. Will have to win the fans over though. That is clear!

He was known as a quiet respectful person away from the pitch and always helping out within the community. If he had a personality like a Joey Barton I wouldn't want him at my club but you also have take into consideration he was only 22, immature, adrenaline would have been rushing and he got caught up in the emotion of a big derby match and no doubts that was a big learning curve in his career 

Why would you even still give a shit about a bit of nonsense that went on nearly 5 years ago?

If the club comes to the conclusion that this could be a very useful signing, go for it.

As for booing the bloke before he's even kicked a ball, you couldn't make it up

How would that help anybody?

3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

He was known as a quiet respectful person away from the pitch and always helping out within the community. If he had a personality like a Joey Barton I wouldn't want him at my club but you also have take into consideration he was only 22, immature, adrenaline would have been rushing and he got caught up in the emotion of a big derby match and no doubts that was a big learning curve in his career 

To be fair, even Wade Elliott said something along similar lines after the game.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Why would you even still give a shit about a bit of nonsense that went on nearly 5 years ago?

If the club comes to the conclusion that this could be a very useful signing, go for it.

As for booing the bloke before he's even kicked a ball, you couldn't make it up

How would that help anything?

We had the last laugh THEN by winning the title

Tomlin ‘did’ ..... was it Cunningham when he was at Peterborough putting him out for some time , yet was lorded by most of  our fan base when he arrived , and while he was here , even when he was causing all sorts of unrest

Bizarre  

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tomlin ‘did’ ..... was it Cunningham when he was at Peterborough putting him out for some time , yet was lorded by most of  our fan base when he arrived , and while he was here , even when he was causing all sorts of unrest

Bizarre  

Very. This is football and the sort of stuff Thompson and co. did has and will always crop up from time to time in football. In hindsight, it was more a compliment to US that they were so thrilled to beat us (that said, they certainly did step over the mark)

As said, let bygones be bygones for me life's too short etc etc

Anyway, how did he look today btw anyone??

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bizarre  

Wasn`t it Tyrone Barnett (who we also later signed on loan) that crippled Greg?

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah I think you’re right, I think Tomlin did get sent off following an incident with Greg but not the one that injured him.

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Thought there were two challenges and two injuries in same game Barnett and Tomlin , you may be right about who did Cunningham but Tomlin definitely ‘did’ one of ours causing injury

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought there were two challenges and two injuries in same game Barnett and Tomlin , you may be right about who did Cunningham but Tomlin definitely ‘did’ one of ours causing injury

Yeah it was a nasty game. Didn`t it come off the back of those two great home results v Palace & Cardiff? We`d signed Sam Baldock and really thought we were going places and that game basically ****** our good start.

15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When Murray ran down the whole side of ninian park tapping his head as he went along after scoring was he in the wrong 

Did Murray go on and sign for Cardiff and if he did do you think they would be very welcoming?

Archived