Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Taunton_BCFC

Nathan Thompson........

Recommended Posts

He turned down a new contract at p’mouth to look for a championship club. He knows Luke Williams from Swindon days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , wasnt it Jack Stephens

Thompdon was never far away from anything and a complete **** at the end though

He was aggressive when I saw him for Pompey - he’s that sort of player

Could do a lot worse as back up RB , but I don’t know what that says / means for Vyner

 

FAO @KevP think you had a word didn’t you....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

I couldnt care myself. But that isnt passion.

When Murray ran down the whole side of ninian park tapping his head as he went along after scoring was he in the wrong 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Lee Tomlin spending most of a game for Posh at AG kicking anything that moved and winding up our fans big time which ended (I think) in his being sent off.

That didn`t stop most fans wanting us to sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When Murray ran down the whole side of ninian park tapping his head as he went along after scoring was he in the wrong 

Or to put it another way there's always players on the oppo team (like on ours I'm sure) who are annoyingly niggly so and so's. Some of them are also good. Let's hope he's one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s two threads running mods (One in transfer forum)

and its getting confusing -

Could we merge them ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Or to put it another way there's always players on the oppo team (like on ours I'm sure) who are annoyingly niggly so and so's. Some of them are also good. Let's hope he's one of them.

Like Taylor. Who it seems after the most lack luster gutless preseason performance in our history we are selling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit immature to hate a player for doing anything before he signs for us. It’s football.  Stop being so snowflakey 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**** Me

No point in debating the rights or wrongs and how disgraceful booing may be at half time or full time anymore

 

We are going to do it in the warm up from now on

 

Are people actually serious ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

I will boo him

First City player to be booed after scoring since Russell Osman!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

FAO @KevP think you had a word didn’t you....... 

Couldn't repeat it on here.....he was ducking phones and shoes being thrown at him at the time....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Or to put it another way there's always players on the oppo team (like on ours I'm sure) who are annoyingly niggly so and so's. Some of them are also good. Let's hope he's one of them.

Correct mate which is why it’s stupid to rule out a player because he’s Pissed us off at one time 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glen humphries said:

I will boo him

I will boo.

At the start of the first game of the season. I won't be booing the players obviously, but the lack of a bold transfer plan, or something like that...:dunno:

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment from a friend who is a life-long Pompey fan....Nathan did a great job for us at right back really good!! Refused a new two year improved contract... I’m sure he’d do a good job for you... his last chance of the big time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, myol'man said:

First City player to be booed after scoring since Russell Osma

Before the start of that game we had a goodbye  on the pitch from Jacki who he had just released mid season

Edited by Barry Sheene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Mixed feelings, although a rated player in a position we need. Will have to win the fans over though. That is clear!

He was known as a quiet respectful person away from the pitch and always helping out within the community. If he had a personality like a Joey Barton I wouldn't want him at my club but you also have take into consideration he was only 22, immature, adrenaline would have been rushing and he got caught up in the emotion of a big derby match and no doubts that was a big learning curve in his career 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you even still give a shit about a bit of nonsense that went on nearly 5 years ago?

If the club comes to the conclusion that this could be a very useful signing, go for it.

As for booing the bloke before he's even kicked a ball, you couldn't make it up

How would that help anybody?

 

 

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

He was known as a quiet respectful person away from the pitch and always helping out within the community. If he had a personality like a Joey Barton I wouldn't want him at my club but you also have take into consideration he was only 22, immature, adrenaline would have been rushing and he got caught up in the emotion of a big derby match and no doubts that was a big learning curve in his career 

To be fair, even Wade Elliott said something along similar lines after the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Why would you even still give a shit about a bit of nonsense that went on nearly 5 years ago?

If the club comes to the conclusion that this could be a very useful signing, go for it.

As for booing the bloke before he's even kicked a ball, you couldn't make it up

How would that help anything?

 

 

We had the last laugh THEN by winning the title

Tomlin ‘did’ ..... was it Cunningham when he was at Peterborough putting him out for some time , yet was lorded by most of  our fan base when he arrived , and while he was here , even when he was causing all sorts of unrest

Bizarre  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We had the last laugh THEN by winning the title

Tomlin ‘did’ ..... was it Cunningham when he was at Peterborough putting him out for some time , yet was lorded by most of  our fan base when he arrived , and while he was here , even when he was causing all sorts of unrest

Bizarre  

Very. This is football and the sort of stuff Thompson and co. did has and will always crop up from time to time in football. In hindsight, it was more a compliment to US that they were so thrilled to beat us (that said, they certainly did step over the mark)

As said, let bygones be bygones for me life's too short etc etc

Anyway, how did he look today btw anyone??

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We had the last laugh THEN by winning the title

Tomlin ‘did’ ..... was it Cunningham when he was at Peterborough putting him out for some time , yet was lorded by most of  our fan base when he arrived , and while he was here , even when he was causing all sorts of unrest

Bizarre  

Wasn`t it Tyrone Barnett (who we also later signed on loan) that crippled Greg?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wasn`t it Tyrone Barnett (who we also later signed on loan) that crippled Greg?

Yeah I think you’re right, I think Tomlin did get sent off following an incident with Greg but not the one that injured him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wasn`t it Tyrone Barnett (who we also later signed on loan) that crippled Greg?

Thought there were two challenges and two injuries in same game Barnett and Tomlin , you may be right about who did Cunningham but Tomlin definitely ‘did’ one of ours causing injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Don’t do it LJ - absolute 🛎 end!

Shall we just try to sign a "nice" 11 ?

Number one target (although retired) Linvoy Primus, now who else shall we look at, Mother Teresa, Phil Schofield..

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought there were two challenges and two injuries in same game Barnett and Tomlin , you may be right about who did Cunningham but Tomlin definitely ‘did’ one of ours causing injury

Yeah it was a nasty game. Didn`t it come off the back of those two great home results v Palace & Cardiff? We`d signed Sam Baldock and really thought we were going places and that game basically ****** our good start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When Murray ran down the whole side of ninian park tapping his head as he went along after scoring was he in the wrong 

Did Murray go on and sign for Cardiff and if he did do you think they would be very welcoming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Did Murray go on and sign for Cardiff and if he did do you think they would be very welcoming?

Do we have to be like Cardiff? I never realised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...