Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

signings needed

14 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

we need 3 new players asap. rightback quality midfielder and for ages now a striker. if fam gets injured who do we have. no one. please Taylor moore is not championship quality so for him to step in would be to much for the lad. over to ashton johnson and co. 

Famara ia useless. Pack for sure has been a waste for past 3 years. So id say 5 new signings. 🎶We're bristol city, we always sign cheap🎵

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Famara ia useless. Pack for sure has been a waste for past 3 years. So id say 5 new signings. 🎶We're bristol city, we always sign cheap🎵

Hence why we’ve made the most expensive signing out of any championship side this summer?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

We've spent quite a bit more than other teams this season. So that's a shocking argument tbf. West Brom's business has been fantastic and they've only spent something like £9m on 4 players.

Pack being a waste of space for three years is as overexaguratted a supposed opinion of a player Ive seen in quite some time.

I think the bigger issue is that the pre season training camp in the US appears to have been a waste of time.

Just now, Redwhitepurple said:

Famara is far from unless. Hes not the best in the divison but he is streets ahead of the worst.  His goal return is decent despite missing some sitters.

Pack has been a mainstay in an ever improving team. im not saying there isn't better out there but we miss him when hes not there- so far from a waste.

We've just spent 8 million on a centre half.

Other than that i totally agree.

• Like 5

Hopefully we will see some activity in the next week, we definitely still need a striker ( Arsenal spending 72 mill on Pepe might work in our favour, who knows?), someone who's a poacher and quick is needed and a holding midfielder to protect the back 4.  So far,  I am somewhat underwhelmed with LJ's "Bold" transfer activity, but he's a smart manager who can surely see our deficiencies, so I am certain more recruits will be on their way.   Todays defeat may turn out to be a blessing in disguise (Pheckin good disguise!)  I am optimistic about the coming season, and if we add 2-3 more players, we can be a top six side.

Taylor Moore looked OK when he came on. Our 30m man not so much. 

We need a forward, that is a fact. But we need to find Weimann as well. We don't see passes quick enough (particularly to Weimann who constantly makes the back post or finds space) it cost us a top six finish last season. 

We look light weight in the middle of the park. ODowda Szmodics Patterson Elliason are all to easily knocked around. Brownhill is more sturdy and Pack who is the sturdiest has little mobility. 

I didn't really see much that either Hunt or Desilva could be singled out for but as a unit defensively (back four and midfield) we were awful. 

Up front Diehdou does his usual charge at you and the ball bounces off and Weimann makes run after run for nothing. 

Elliason can whip a decent ball in given time but we don't look like getting close to it with a couple of decent defenders and we can not shoot from range... If we do and god forbid its on target its hit with the instep and the goal keeper is down before the ball is a threat...

All in all today was a mirror of last season just with shit defending and a goal keeper who's only duty was to act as ball boy to pick the ball out of his own net....Credit to him though one decent save

Pack is a solid midfielder in this division but I’d still add another midfielder into the fold. We really need a striker and it can’t be omitted in this window if we want any chance of making the top.

on a side note I’m genuinely intrigued to know why people on here think we are going up?

I don't think we need many. 2 minimum. Midfielder and striker. Most important thing is getting the best out of the players we have. People saying all our players were rubbish today. Well that's a funny coincidence. LJ just got the team all wrong. But yeah we are missing a couple for sure.

1 hour ago, eastonboy said:

Lord,

I pray to thee to help deliver us from bed wetters.

Amen.

I thought you were going to start singing Whitesnake

although, with Bristol City here I go again would pretty much sum things up

Edited by AppyDAZE
2 hours ago, Fuber said:

We've spent quite a bit more than other teams this season. So that's a shocking argument tbf. West Brom's business has been fantastic and they've only spent something like £9m on 4 players.

Pack being a waste of space for three years is as overexaguratted a supposed opinion of a player Ive seen in quite some time.

I think the bigger issue is that the pre season training camp in the US appears to have been a waste of time.

Bollocks was it! They had some lovely strolls along some beautiful beaches, great nights out to dinner and everybody managed to top up their tans.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Fuber said:

Think you've hit the nail in the head - The US trip doesn't appear to have helped the squad to prepare in the right way - if anything it's set us back from the point we should currently be..

Poor management & a lack of forethought all round....'fail to prepare and all that.

our 2 main signings are players we are used to and watched all last season - there was a sense of deja vu today, LJ's tactics (?) were certainly not apparent to me, and we looked all too familiar to the fragile side we know and love from last season.

we really, really, really need a striker like Assombalonga.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

It will only be when we get a quality midfielder in that all those Pack supporters will realise that he wasn't really that good.

I'd say it's actually like Flint. Plenty of people under rated him despite everything he gave/did here. We went and got Webster who did massively improve us. Does that make Flint a bad player? No and the same is true of Pack - He is obvioulsy not the best midfielder in the division and we could clearly improve on him but he is a more than decent upper Champ midfielder.