IGNORED

WE Need Korey Smith

REDOXO

Ok So now I am sufficiently relaxed after watching the utter nonsense masquerading as a football team, it is apparent we are going into the season yet again looking like a bunch of softies!

The drivel about Premiership class and gulf in talent etc is just that. Yes they should beat us, but 0-5 (0-5 not 5-0) is indefensible and LJ will not defend it. In fact those with the third form irony regarding OTIB meltdowns might want to be thinking about what went on in the dressing room after that bollocks.

Anyway We need another forward we know that and we need to find Weimann faster as nearly all of his movement is wasted. Our 30m man looked like he believed his own press today, pray he finds his head from within his rectum before next Sunday.

We lacked bite today...Ok its a friendly but it was a friendly for them too and if you don't think Leeds scouts were watching that and calling back to Beisla telling him forget the open session we have got this, you are nuts. Who is out their right now who knows, but laughably the best person we have at the club to fill in for Smith is the new coach!

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ok So now I am sufficiently relaxed after watching the utter nonsense masquerading as a football team, it is apparent we are going into the season yet again looking like a bunch of softies!

The drivel about Premiership class and gulf in talent etc is just that. Yes they should beat us, but 0-5 (0-5 not 5-0) is indefensible and LJ will not defend it. In fact those with the third form irony regarding OTIB meltdowns might want to be thinking about what went on in the dressing room after that bollocks.

Anyway We need another forward we know that and we need to find Weimann faster as nearly all of his movement is wasted. Our 30m man looked like he believed his own press today, pray he finds his head from within his rectum before next Sunday.

We lacked bite today...Ok its a friendly but it was a friendly for them too and if you don't think Leeds scouts were watching that and calling back to Beisla telling him forget the open session we have got this, you are nuts. Who is out their right now who knows, but laughably the best person we have at the club to fill in for Smith is the new coach!

LJ even said near the end of last season that we missed Korey and maybe we should have brought in another like him. If he doesn't bring one in now then he's either forgot he said that, or he has changed his mind. Or maybe he think Korey will be back in October and be 100% straight away.

But to me it is clear when seeing Palace running at our centre backs with no midfielder anywhere near them, that we are badly missing Korey or a Korey type. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

LJ even said near the end of last season that we missed Korey and maybe we should have brought in another like him. If he doesn't bring one in now then he's either forgot he said that, or he has changed his mind. Or maybe he think Korey will be back in October and be 100% straight away.

But to me it is clear when seeing Palace running at our centre backs with no midfielder anywhere near them, that we are badly missing Korey or a Korey type. 

Exactly. Today was not about superior skill it was about superior intent, in and out of possession!

7 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

I’ve not seen him yet so this might be a daft suggestion, but could Rowe fill the role until Korey is back?

As good a shout as any. Slightly off topic, but not to much, selling Taylor when we are that weak is a mistake of massive proportions. 

It's worrying to think that yet again our two first choice midfielders are Pack and Brownhill?

What's our options if one of them gets injured, suspended or in need of a rest?

This isn't a new thing, we pretty much went through the whole of last season pinning our hopes on Korey coming back, and within a couple of games he was shagged again! We really need to put sentiment to one side and bring in somebody who is similar to Korey - but who that is? I've got no idea!

35 minutes ago, beaverface said:

It's worrying to think that yet again our two first choice midfielders are Pack and Brownhill?

What's our options if one of them gets injured, suspended or in need of a rest?

This isn't a new thing, we pretty much went through the whole of last season pinning our hopes on Korey coming back, and within a couple of games he was shagged again! We really need to put sentiment to one side and bring in somebody who is similar to Korey - but who that is? I've got no idea!

We must surely be bringing one in. Chalobah, Joe Williams, Connor Gallagher. Anyone like that will do. Desperately need one.

2 hours ago, YorksRed said:

I’ve not seen him yet so this might be a daft suggestion, but could Rowe fill the role until Korey is back?

He was very good against Derby alongside Brownhill. But I think the team was better set up to support each other when out of possession, unlike today.

I might be the only person who doesn't rate Smith as highly as everyone on here - just a precursor. 

Good defensive habits and retrieving the ball but just dont see what he brings apart from that. His passes are simple to the fullback the majority of the time and rarely positive. 

He doesn't win nearly enough aerial battles to be considered an all round defensive midfielder hence Pack has to be in next to him (and hes not nearly consistent enough defensively) 

Think we shoot ourselves in the foot having both of these two in the midfield two. This is why he has to play more attacking midfield players to pick the ball up and be more positive from deeper when you actually want your Patersons/Eliassons etc further up the pitch and not running into blind alleys losing the ball. 

I swear he rarely ever runs forward in a straight line at the goal and it's always a passive diagonal run with a simple pass, dont get me wrong I love his attitude and work-rate for the side but just feel like he needs to add a different dimension to his distribution or carrying the ball positively to really make much of an impact. 

Oh dear I'm gunna get flak for this.

5 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

I might be the only person who doesn't rate Smith as highly as everyone on here - just a precursor. 

Good defensive habits and retrieving the ball but just dont see what he brings apart from that. His passes are simple to the fullback the majority of the time and rarely positive. 

He doesn't win nearly enough aerial battles to be considered an all round defensive midfielder hence Pack has to be in next to him (and hes not nearly consistent enough defensively) 

Think we shoot ourselves in the foot having both of these two in the midfield two. This is why he has to play more attacking midfield players to pick the ball up and be more positive from deeper when you actually want your Patersons/Eliassons etc further up the pitch and not running into blind alleys losing the ball. 

I swear he rarely ever runs forward in a straight line at the goal and it's always a passive diagonal run with a simple pass, dont get me wrong I love his attitude and work-rate for the side but just feel like he needs to add a different dimension to his distribution or carrying the ball positively to really make much of an impact. 

Oh dear I'm gunna get flak for this.

No your not. Well not from me! How ever Smith tackles tracks and breaks up play. What we severely lacked last season and yesterday. Cisse was the last player to do this to any effect before Smith

Archived