IGNORED

Beer Today.

Bristol Rob

According to @monkeyboy the beer today was a £5 a pint, and today* no discounts could be claimed.

*might just has been his season ticket card that had a date range error of course.

Anyway, even with discount, you'll probably have to walk as far as the Hen and Chicken before you find a more expensive drink.

I can't confirm this, I drank in The Robins.

5 minutes ago, ray savino said:

£13 for two pasties and two cokes. Couldn’t use season ticket discount because they haven’t arrived yet. Yep, pub it is from now on...

That is scandalous, total rip off.

Sod that, pub it is next week.

Club did well to get people drinking in and around the stadium on a match day, and a big part of this was making the price comparable to pub prices. If this is going to be the case then it’ll be back to the pub for me too. 

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

If that’s the case back to drinking natch on the park wall 

We used to get 4 cans of Guinness (each) from the shop on Coronation Rd and pick up a pastie from the Clarks van and sit on the Natch Wall......total cost £5.60.....nice on a sunny day.   That would cost - what -  almost £25 in the stadium this season. Beer was £3.60 when the stadium was first refurbished so that's a rip off. I never liked it when Colin Sexstone used to refer to the fans as "punters" and these new prices show similar levels of disrespect.

Charge less - -sell more.

If today's reaction is representative think bar takings will take a massive hit at the ground this season, a classic case of greed getting the better of them, as people have said just stay in the pub a little longer, very short-sighted by the club hopefully they will see sense, but don't hold your breath.

Only way to make them realise mistake if for people to drink somewhere else, a lot of people are going to get a shock next week, need to make it widely known before then, I couldn’t believe the price and how much gone up over last few seasons.

11 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

£5 for a pint anywhere is a rip-off - I was in that beach bar they've set up in town last Saturday and they were charging a fiver for a pint there (good job there is a Barclays Bank next door, I had to ask them for a personal loan to pay for a round)

I pay between £5.60 and £5.90 in London.  Even at my home i France it is circa €6.50.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I pay between £5.60 and £5.90 in London.  Even at my home i France it is circa €6.50.

If the local pubs were priced in a similar way to the club, you could understand it, bit it almost feels like we were unknowingly on the receiving end of a few years if outlandish discounting and now the club believe people are in a new routine, they are hiking up the prices.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the local pubs were priced in a similar way to the club, you could understand it, bit it almost feels like we were unknowingly on the receiving end of a few years if outlandish discounting and now the club believe people are in a new routine, they are hiking up the prices.

There’s about 10 of us that leave the pub at 2.15 to have one in the concourse before the match, I think we’ll be changing from that routine! 

Archived