IGNORED

Beer Today.

Bristol Rob

Don't know if anyone else has said this but surely people will vote with their feet and stay outside of the ground for longer as kickoff approaches, and you'll get a big swell of people arriving 5 minutes before the game. 

Gonna be a massive ballache I imagine. 

28 minutes ago, pillred said:

And a lot of others I suspect, or at least only a pint instead of 2 or 3.

The club will be getting 0 profit from me and 2 other mates. And I'm still waiting for my season ticket!

I've been looking at Tottenhams prices. I suppose the Londoners can afford it

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/new-tottenham-stadium-how-much-16008978

40 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

The club will be getting 0 profit from me and 2 other mates. And I'm still waiting for my season ticket!

I've been looking at Tottenhams prices. I suppose the Londoners can afford it

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/new-tottenham-stadium-how-much-16008978

So it's possible to get a pint at the ground for £4.00, in London, well that says it all about our new prices doesn't it. And if those prices don't include season ticket discount it makes our prices seem even worse, it comes to something that prices for beer in a premier league ground in London are cheaper than ours.

So for Sunday, if you wanted the cheapest adult ticket, 2 pints and a pie you’re looking at £42. 

That’s for a non member, the fans who we should be trying to attract! £42 for an afternoon out and to probably watch us get dicked 4-0 against Leeds. 

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Do these prices also apply to the outside bars? Or is it just the club run bars?

Bloody good question . I guess we won’t find out until Sunday. The club never like giving out news that might be poorly received. About time they were honest and upfront on domestic issues. 

16 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't know if anyone else has said this but surely people will vote with their feet and stay outside of the ground for longer as kickoff approaches, and you'll get a big swell of people arriving 5 minutes before the game. 

Gonna be a massive ballache I imagine. 

In all honesty, I don't think it will make that much of difference to their numbers. The concourse, sports bar and fan zone will still be packed to the rafters. I'll admit that I was very surprised on Saturday that it was £5 for a pint but I ended up having a few anyway. I think the problem is that we've gone from a cheap price point a couple of years ago to what is now par for a sports venue across the country. 

On 30/07/2019 at 12:03, Loon plage said:

I don't personally think its right to compare what are essentially one off events with a situation whereby the same punters are showing up for 23 events, more if you include friendlies, cup matches and maybe even the rugby if a double SC.

Personal choice of course. I reckon it may well bite the club on the arse though.

That's a good point tbh. Was just looking for some comparisons, I agree it's too much now. Feels like it is too much given the regularity, the loyalty with st holders in particular. Football in the UK especially is expensive enough as it is!

For early arrivals, our new SLO says £4.00 no further discount. The official site says £3.60 for season card holders. Looks like otib is not the only place that the new SLO is not liaising with.

nGEa8bZ5_x96.png
• Season Card holders can buy a pint for £4.32 • All pints £4 for the 1st hour turnstiles open (no further discounts applicable) • After the 1st hour, all season card holders/members can still claim their usual discounts

GATE GUIDE

For those fans who are planning on getting to the Stadium early, make the most of our£4 pint offering or if you are a season card holder you can get a pint for just £3.60.So get the the Stadium early and experience our new offerings.

Imagine joining a bar queue just before 3.30pm on Sunday. I wonder what you will get charged for a pint as you get to the front? Is this concourse only or does it include the fan park?

I suspect it will be a bit chaotic and flexible the first time as tills get adjusted, with no further discounts on the £4 before 3.30pm and then £4.80 (for cider) with discounts applied after 3.30pm to make it £4.32. It probably apples to all bars as well, just not communicated as such.

1 hour ago, Homer Simpson said:

For early arrivals, our new SLO says £4.00 no further discount. The official site says £3.60 for season card holders. Looks like otib is not the only place that the new SLO is not liaising with.

nGEa8bZ5_x96.png
• Season Card holders can buy a pint for £4.32 • All pints £4 for the 1st hour turnstiles open (no further discounts applicable) • After the 1st hour, all season card holders/members can still claim their usual discounts

GATE GUIDE

For those fans who are planning on getting to the Stadium early, make the most of our£4 pint offering or if you are a season card holder you can get a pint for just £3.60.So get the the Stadium early and experience our new offerings.

I've asked him the same thing on Twitter, classic City, no joined up communications.

6 minutes ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Yep, top quality communications as always ?‍♂️

I note by dint of a quick search, that the OTIB thing he did not respond to.

I mean he responded indirectly to the issue but it's worth a look.

Maybe what Ashton Park said is right. Or was? That poster is of the view that there won't be are not and will not be any Club employees actively present, posting on this forum.

In all honesty, my mates and i have enjoyed drinks before and after the game at the Gate - even with a bar that invariably has no sound on the large screen and actually sometimes asks you to drink up before you've finished your first post- night match pint.  Trouble is, Thatchers just isn't that nice of a pint to be charging what they intend to, even for SC holders. 

Pubs in the area all serve much nicer cider including the acceptable high st alternative, Orchard Pig Reveller (Banging pint).  

We'll definitely be cutting the time spent at the ground which h is a shame, it's great to know you're supporting your club financially.

First thing is the changes to the fans village are shite, who's idea was it to move the stage away from the fans village? Very strange decision. The band were just playing to people passing by. They then book a act that didn't have a powerful enough PA? Because in the actual fans village the band was barely audible. I can see why they lived things about but in reality those changes haven't worked. I did see a suit from Bristol Sport looking around and looking concerned. 

And to top it off, having checked my bank today, despite showing my season ticket for each pint I brought, the discount was randomly applied. 

Archived