IGNORED

Beer Today.

Bristol Rob

It’s a shame the club are striving to go forwards, yet this apparent move is so backwards considering the extra revenue gained last year through reducing prices for food & drink at the stadium to make it more appealing to everyone. With more fans coming to the stadium every season, it’s another ‘amateur’ decision to raise prices trying to make more money, when it will just push people away to more affordable places. 

Well done. 

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

I think it will go the other way, a minority (including me) will stay in the pub a bit longer but most won't even notice and the club will make more money than ever.

Football in the 21 century though - fans demands and competition has driven the game crazy. We have one thread saying the club needs to spend more money and another saying fans don't want to pay more, can anyone else see the correlation here? 

Agree it's a difficult balancing act, but don't think any team has ever got to the premier league on the back of bar takings, just think it's a shame as it will cost the club goodwill if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Agree it's a difficult balancing act, but don't think any team has ever got to the premier league on the back of bar takings, just think it's a shame as it will cost the club goodwill if nothing else.

Very least, some sort of announcement with some sort of flimsy excuse.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Your right bar takings are a small part of the overall income but if they increase bar takings then we might be able to afford that one extra players wages. 

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not if people don't pay the prices.

As I said previously I think a minority will not pay and drink elsewhere, most people won't notice and will continue to buy at the ground and the club will make more money than ever. 

People complain when the club isn't run professionally, part of that professionalism is extracting as much money as possible when it can. People complain about how long it takes to get served at half time - the easy answer is price people out.

As I have also said previously football is a business now focused on success (rather than profit) but to be successful you have to have the income or do we all just want SL to pay for everything?

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

As I said previously I think a minority will not pay and drink elsewhere, most people won't notice and will continue to buy at the ground and the club will make more money than ever. 

People complain when the club isn't run professionally, part of that professionalism is extracting as much money as possible when it can. People complain about how long it takes to get served at half time - the easy answer is price people out.

As I have also said previously football is a business now focused on success (rather than profit) but to be successful you have to have the income or do we all just want SL to pay for everything?

Just don't really like being ripped off. If it's take it or leave it then fine, I'll leave it. Would be a shame if the recently improved pre match atmosphere (fan village) started to empty.

5 quid for a pint in a plastic cup with nowhere to sit IS over priced, nothing wrong with challenging pricing of you dont believe it provides value for money. 

18 minutes ago, Pezo said:

And the majority will moan but keep paying regardless.

10 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Average cost of pint in Bristol is now £4.37 . Think £4.50 at the ground would be reasonable  for the convenience and knowing/hoping any profit goes back into the club to benefit the team.  

And with season ticket discount, it would be £4.50

Still smarts at the price jump.

13 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

What would the club do if everyone refused to buy food & drink when inside Ashton Gate?

Would it cause a pricing rethink?

COYR.

Of course it would - the prices are set at a maximum price (margin) that they believe punters will be stupid enough to pay

Look at it this way. The average price of a pint in Bristol is £4.37 according to this forum.  BCFC are charging £5.00 so a difference of £0.63.  If you have 6 pints then that equates to £3.78.  Are you really going to bother your arse getting into a lather over such an amount ?  And that's not allowing for any season ticket discounts or whatever.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Look at it this way. The average price of a pint in Bristol is £4.37 according to this forum.  BCFC are charging £5.00 so a difference of £0.63.  If you have 6 pints then that equates to £3.78.  Are you really going to bother your arse getting into a lather over such an amount ?  And that's not allowing for any season ticket discounts or whatever.

Thing is it’s not just a pint though. Or 6 pints - Christ who has 6 pints at the football?

When me and the boy go we might have a pint. He’s under age but sometimes we’re naughty and we both have a Thatchers.

Then we might have a pie. And if we’re feeling really gutsy we have an over priced Yorkie.

Actually change the tense. We used to. Not any more. We eat and drink elsewhere.

Might introduce the boy to the delights of North Street. Saw Doreen Doreen in the Hen and Chicken the other week. What a delight ?

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Your right bar takings are a small part of the overall income but if they increase bar takings then we might be able to afford that one extra players wages. 

Trouble is there is a cut off point for price where you end up making less, I feel at £5 a pint they may have reached that figure, we will see.

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Completely agree.

As a dedicated smoker, I can happily jump on a plane and jet off somewhere without missing the tabs.

Maybe they have put the prices up to make us all healthier!

So while you are not killing your self on the plane because you didn’t have a fag the plane fuel is killing everyone else,extinction rebellion will be camped outside your house tomorrow 

52 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Thing is it’s not just a pint though. Or 6 pints - Christ who has 6 pints at the football?

When me and the boy go we might have a pint. He’s under age but sometimes we’re naughty and we both have a Thatchers.

Then we might have a pie. And if we’re feeling really gutsy we have an over priced Yorkie.

Actually change the tense. We used to. Not any more. We eat and drink elsewhere.

Might introduce the boy to the delights of North Street. Saw Doreen Doreen in the Hen and Chicken the other week. What a delight ?

Exaclty, not many have 6 pints so makes it all the more immaterial. Is a pie so much dearer in the ground ?

4 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

Might get a quicker and better response from Mark Kelly. Does anyone have his e-mail? I’m guessing the prices are the same for Rugby games too?

Tbh it's a Sunday and I wouldn't expect much on a non matchday Sunday before the season.

Regardless, no idea on his work email but his Twitter the next best thing- the post may well be seen, then therefore strike a chord with quite a few City fans.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrhkelly

More simply, @mrhkelly his Twitter handle. Am sure he'll welcome the feedback.

Indeed his work email is likely findable from that base.

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Just don't really like being ripped off. If it's take it or leave it then fine, I'll leave it. Would be a shame if the recently improved pre match atmosphere (fan village) started to empty.

5 quid for a pint in a plastic cup with nowhere to sit IS over priced, nothing wrong with challenging pricing of you dont believe it provides value for money. 

I agree. We all get caught in situations where we chose to pay a little bit more as a ‘one off’ but for many of us football isn’t a one off, it can be a couple of times a week and for 10 months of the year. People then start to question increases especially if wages aren’t keeping pace.

The point made about the concerts by someone else got me thinking too. I believe the concert price was £7 a pint, so now for football it’s £5 and the club are maybe hoping we see this as a bargain!

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If it's in the public domain, it's fine.

Thanks, broadly in line with what I thought tbh.

Still unsure about posting it though, even if indeed I can find it- would the club appreciate it? By which I mean in general.

Might be worth someone asking Mark on Twitter about this issue, and the email may be mentioned in that discussion.

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

As you say it is take it or leave it so no one is being ripped off. I think they have seen that the fans village is popular/over populated and wouldn't mind reducing the number and making more money while they are at it.

It sucks but what can you do, I will be on the natch wall.

Archived