IGNORED

Beer Today.

Bristol Rob

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Anyway the email address of the SLO- don't worry much like Mark Kelly's it can be found in the public domain ;) - is slo@bcfc.co.uk !

Don’t suppose, you’ve come across  Jon L’s e-mail do ya Mr P ?

Edit

Cancel that Mr P ta , got it

7 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Average cost of pint in Bristol is now £4.37 . Think £4.50 at the ground would be reasonable  for the convenience and knowing/hoping any profit goes back into the club to benefit the team.  

Seriously £4.37, that cant be right maybe in Clifton or in CENTRAL Bristol, the vast majority of the pubs I drink in it's £3.40 £3.80. Plus that £4.50 is for season ticket holders, away fans and pay on the day it will be £5.00, considering it was £4.00 only 2 seasons ago that's a pretty steep increase if your local had done it you would be up in arms at a 25% rise in only a couple of years and rightly so.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

Seriously £4.37, that cant be right maybe in Clifton or in CENTRAL Bristol, the vast majority of the pubs I drink in it's £3.40 £3.80. Plus that £4.50 is for season ticket holders, away fans and pay on the day it will be £5.00, considering it was £4.00 only 2 seasons ago that's a pretty steep increase if your local had done it you would be up in arms at a 25% rise in only a couple of years and rightly so.

Beer and Cigs are silly prices, so are many things, you don't have to have any of them. If you do choose to, look around find the best deal. Many years back it was a fiver at Wembley...captive audience as they say, just like service stations etc.

If you don't want to pay the price get some cans from the supermarket and fill your boots...simple :dunno: 

My friends who visited were impressed previously at the prices of a pint at AG. It showed what a great club we were with reasonably priced pints, the fans village etc. Now it’s just about money clearly. 

Customers not supporters. A real shame.

On 28/07/2019 at 06:48, mossey said:

Only way to make them realise mistake if for people to drink somewhere else, a lot of people are going to get a shock next week, need to make it widely known before then, I couldn’t believe the price and how much gone up over last few seasons.

The local boozers will be getting a shock - get more ? in before Sunday!

On 27/07/2019 at 20:36, Bristol Rob said:

According to @monkeyboy the beer today was a £5 a pint, and today* no discounts could be claimed.

*might just has been his season ticket card that had a date range error of course.

Anyway, even with discount, you'll probably have to walk as far as the Hen and Chicken before you find a more expensive drink.

I can't confirm this, I drank in The Robins.

Shocked when I saw it. 

Support your local boozers and maybe the club will get the message.

18 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Average cost of pint in Bristol is now £4.37 . Think £4.50 at the ground would be reasonable  for the convenience and knowing/hoping any profit goes back into the club to benefit the team.  

Where do you drink ?

Genuine question as I tend to drink Thatchers Gold and it is memorable of I have to stump up 4 quid.

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Beer and Cigs are silly prices, so are many things, you don't have to have any of them. If you do choose to, look around find the best deal. Many years back it was a fiver at Wembley...captive audience as they say, just like service stations etc.

If you don't want to pay the price get some cans from the supermarket and fill your boots...simple :dunno: 

You of course can do that, the point was that what was a reasonable price (comparatively) has in a short space of time has become the sort of price that people now feel is over the top, which is a pity as previously they were quite competitive. 

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t suppose, you’ve come across  Jon L’s e-mail do ya Mr P ?

Edit

Cancel that Mr P ta , got it

Haha Bob, if I was reticent about posting Mark Kelly's email if found, definitely wouldn't be getting into looking for JL's to put up on here, far too risk averse me- even though it's probably on here- you've got it now anyway so that's good. :thumbsup:

Even though it appears to be on OTIB already- or has been posted in the past!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Haha Bob, if I was reticent about posting Mr. Kelly's email if found, definitely wouldn't be getting into looking for JL's to put up on here, far too risk averse me- even though it's probably on here- you've got it now anyway so that's good. :thumbsup:

Even though it appears to be on OTIB already- or have been posted in the past!

No problems under Data Protection mate , if that was your concern ;)

Unless you had access to someone’s personal data purely , through say your profession and pass it on , different matter 

However , your reticence is probably well placed as I’m not sure throwing their e-mail adds is a great idea fwiw ,

( I have. a particular need for a one off reason, with good intentions)

Hi @JamesBCFC :sub:

Perhaps it was a bit gratuitous of me tbh. However the truth is we have a new SLO and he has not yet joined this forum- rightly or wrongly- and I should perhaps have posted a bit more detail, he isn't so far as we can see on here yet and though I am sure he is liaising in other ways, he isn't so far on here or indeed hasn't joined up to date.

13 hours ago, Selred said:

My friends who visited were impressed previously at the prices of a pint at AG. It showed what a great club we were with reasonably priced pints, the fans village etc. Now it’s just about money clearly. 

Customers not supporters. A real shame.

It’s ridiculous how many times this phrase has reared its head over the last few seasons. Maybe it’s the next hashtag for the kit #customersnotsupporters. 

I finished listening to the (excellent btw) Louis Carey interview on the OSIB podcast today and he made a big point about clubs pricing fans out of the match day experience and this does go to show he’s not wrong. Gone are the days when football was an affordable afternoon out with your mates every couple of weeks with a few pints and some food. It’s £30 a pop now before you even account for tickets 

5 minutes ago, onehowie said:

Don't know if this has been asked before...but does anyone remember how much a pint cost in the Sports bar last season?

I remember posting that they had put 10 or 20 pence on a pint when we played Man U if memory serves me 

at the time it was about £4 a pint but with discount about £3.40 I think 

45 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I remember posting that they had put 10 or 20 pence on a pint when we played Man U if memory serves me 

at the time it was about £4 a pint but with discount about £3.40 I think 

That sounds about right to me, because we used to get 15% discount with a season card. 

Went down to 10% last season, and they’ve upped the prices this year! ?

Archived