IGNORED

City twist on split ticket

1960maaan

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Not sure of stats exactly but remove old people and it's a lot closer.

I didn't mean ios only, why not make both?  They've spent, probably, hundreds of thousands on marketing.

If they spent 30k on making an ios app that's roughly an extra 30% of the audience they're reaching that would become their target market. 

Rather than spending 100k on advertising and reaching 100,000 potential customers they'd now reach 130,000 potential customers.

Just a theory but I'd be surprised if the cost of making a ios version would be significant in comparison to the extra % potential customers.

Why would you remove old people? 

Like I said, an iOS version will undoubtedly follow, but it still makes sense to release the Android version to more than 75% of mobile users (irrespective of age) than it does to release an iOS version first which would hit a much smaller market.  It's basic economics that decide that the Android version will be concentrated on first. 

Both platforms will see a release though.  

23 hours ago, Will b11 said:

Only on Android though and most people nowadays have apple iPhones haha 

Bing Bong …  

" The train now standing on platform Android …….will get you there and back again for less...etc etc ''

''Apple munchers on platform iPhone buy your tickets here...you will get there and back - please pay through your noses now'' 

20 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Can't see it being any benefit,no objection to the club getting any money up front.

Looks like you have to book up in advance as well

Personally I would prefer to turn up on the day and do all the split tickets at the same time.

Like Phantom has said group save is available on first group trains only for the trips to Brentford Millwall Charlton Fulham not forgetting Reading as well as Swansea. NOT CROSS COUNTRY

Just make sure if you are setting out from Bristol Temple Meads that you get your tickets issued from Parson Street.

If any one is hell bent on going to Birmingham City on Saturday week by train split tickets are available

Parson Street to Cheltenham

and Cheltenham to Bordesley

arrive Birmingham New street out the main entrance head towards Birmingham Moor Street and catch the train to the first stop Bordesley and then up the hill

*** Bordesley train station is only used when  Birmingham City are at home,so the station is not  shown up on the National timetable

re last sentence : 

*** what a great matchday idea, pity we dont have a nearby local platform at Ashton, why haven't we thought of such a thing here in Bristol.?  

Archived