IGNORED

over 55? or retired? this is for you

9 hours ago, glos old boy said:

oh I don't know I would class myself now as a armchair fan, who in the last 5yrs or so has managed a dozen actual visits ? but maybe that can be offset by the previous 45yrs worth of credits the first 15 of which when I hardly missed a game home or away.

Point being how many games must you watch to be a classed as a fan and for how long, or maybe you just have to buy a ST?

How do I class a fan? Any person with more than a passing interest who gets excited by just hearing our score if we win or hurts more than it should if we lose. 

If you care enough to be reading this forum never mind contributing it doesn’t matter how many matches you have seen recently or not, you are a fan. Bad luck ?

10 hours ago, RedM said:

I meant voluntarily grouped, eg joining a senior Reds, whether I qualified their criteria or not. A fan is a fan and doesn’t need to be grouped.

I whole heartedly agree with you and not just in football. It seems everyone qualifies to join a group except healthy white heterosexual men. 

That said if the senior Reds enjoy the group where's the harm, just because it's not my thing.

19 minutes ago, numbeast said:

I whole heartedly agree with you and not just in football. It seems everyone qualifies to join a group except healthy white heterosexual men. 

That said if the senior Reds enjoy the group where's the harm, just because it's not my thing.

No harm. But the aging is all wrong. The age for the group is 55 and you are considered senior, but my state pension age will be 67 (quite a few years to go yet). The club doesn’t class you as senior either for ticket pricing, nor would any other venue. It just sounds all wrong being senior at 55. ?‍♀️

I’m 47 but because of my personal situation, as far as car insurance purposes go or any other form that needs to know my employment status, I now put retired! What is required to prove that anyone is retired?

What should someone show who turns up to this group? What is to stop a 40 year old that is unemployed from turning up to these get together’s? What about people that class themselves as semi-retired? Those people that don’t like doing nothing during the day & prefer to do a part-time job?

So is this group open to me or the gentlemen that still work part-time because they dislike the loneliness of being at home all day on their own or is this just for 55 year old & up who are fortunate enough to not have to work anymore because of their financial privilege?

5 hours ago, Selred said:

Yes as it awful being a white heterosexual man with no prejudices against us.... idiot. 

Ignoring the insult, my point is society today is very much anti discrimination  (quite rightly so) but in an effort to counter this discrimination things have gone the other way.

How can you create an inclusive society when you promote exclusive groups or clubs? Myself I only see the person and break people into 3 group, those I like, those I dislike and those I don't know so can't form an opinion. A persons ethnicity sexulaity gender etc are just the component part of a person they shouldn't define someone.

I don't advocate a white healthy heterosexual group, I question the need for exclusive group. I hope that has explained my view.

2 hours ago, numbeast said:

effort to counter this discrimination things have gone the other way.

White hetrosexual men still take the largest % of boardrooms. Still have the largest % of being in jobs. Until that changes it's not gone the other way. 

Look in the news; racism is still rife, homosexuals are still attacked for being homosexual, women still have glass ceilings in the workplace. There's a long way to go. 

There's groups to try and show e.g. it's okay to be gay. It's to promote and increase awareness, to help career progression in roles where you'd usually see little diversity.

The groups are to help the small pockets of society who are discriminated against.  If you don't discriminate then brilliant, but don't think a lot of society doesn't, and this is why it is important. These groups may not be important to you, but they aren't there for you or me, so unless you fall into one of their groups and know the difference they make, then don't try and make out they aren't relevant or needed. 

Archived