IGNORED

Ryan Kent - klopp dig at Lee maybe?

McNasty Filth

Not really - think you'd have to be reading quite a lot into Klopp's comments there to conclude that.

There was no reference to previous loans, or previous clubs etc - just complimentary to Rangers and saying it was a good year for the player.

I think Klopp has a bit more class than that, to be having a dig at us or anyone else and ultimately, why would he? He's seemingly not particularly bothered about Kent either. He clearly wants to move him on.

16 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I read it this way as well - clearly implying a loan to good manager a Liverpool Legend and a good club was the difference this time around!

Perhaps he learned a few home truths while he was here - the big I am from a big club, but put in his place when he didn't perform and show the right attitude.

He couldn't afford to mess it up a second time, nor would he take any liberties with Gerrard. 

Fair dos, they are talking about bio now being a £10m player, but perhaps his time here was the making of him, even though he wouldn't have seen it that way at the time.

P.S. I would hope that if a loanee isn;t performing, and particularly if their issues around their attitude while here, that LJ would tell the home club the honest truth , even it leaving out a player runs contrary to the loan terms and even if it upsets our relationship with the other club.

Similarly, I would hope the same applies to players we loan out, as that's when you find out about players. See the recent article by/about Taylor-Moore for evidence of how you want players to respond when on loan, even if things don;t go as planned.

27 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I read it this way as well - clearly implying a loan to good manager and a good club was the difference this time around!

Playing a shite standard of football, against teams that Rovers would probably finish mid table amongst, probably had a bigger bearing on Kent not continuing to look absolute shite. 

29 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I read it this way as well - clearly implying a loan to good manager and a good club was the difference this time around!

So by that rationale - do you think that Klopp is saying that he’s not as good a manager as SG ..?!

1 hour ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Is this a broadside at our Lee

I think that may be going beyond reading between the lines. That said, if you rearrange some of the letters used in the words in the article, they do spell 'Lee is a ****'. So who knows.

Klopp cashing in after a successful season in a shit league... if he loans out RK to a championship or lower prem team he’s likely to get found out again and not be worth anywhere near £8m.. If he’s loaned back to Rangers he could well just blend into the mediocrity this time around and again be worth nowhere near £8m this time next year. Neither Klopp or Lee want him in their team.

Klopp said 

"He came back as a completely different player and it was a very important year for him.

It helped being with a good manager, at a good club, with good competition, and it was exactly the right thing for him at the right moment."

I think he probably is comparing the loan at BCFC with the loan at Rangers as he is saying this. 

1 hour ago, Boston Red said:

Klopp said 

"He came back as a completely different player and it was a very important year for him.

It helped being with a good manager, at a good club, with good competition, and it was exactly the right thing for him at the right moment."

I think he probably is comparing the loan at BCFC with the loan at Rangers as he is saying this. 

City was probably too high a standard for him in 2018.

To be honest, I don't think Klopp would have a dig, as others have said he isn't the type. To be fair as well, if Klopp had a player on loan  who wasn't performing, he wouldn't play him just to avoid paying a fine either.

Fact is, Kent was unsettled in Germany before coming here, couldn't settle once again, and was by and large crap for us.

He's gone to Scotland, and by all accounts has done well there - under Gerrard - no coincidence there. The argument regarding the quality of the SPL will always raise it's head, especially when a lot of their stars, don't necessarily make it big in England. 

Clever move by Klopp with these comments. If you want him, then you buy him. He's never going to make it at Liverpool, and they won't benefit by sending him on loan anywhere again. Now is the best time to sell him on the back of the season he's had. Massaging Gerrards ego with the comments as well....very clever......

Archived