IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, wasn’t being critical, just saw the team listing with him in 9th....suggesting not LB.

I know, sorry if I snapped back at you mate. Sometimes text fails to convey tone. I agree that he's possibly not being used as LB. I've heard he's got pace to burn so they may well be using him more as LW. Good start for him nonetheless.

Living up here in Walsall I always keep an eye out for the goings on down there. 

Took this off their forum

"How ■■■■■■■ good was Pring today. Proper marauder." 

That's just one of a couple of positive comments about our Cameron so he's making a good first impression at the Bank's stadium. 

James Morton seemed to impress on his debut for FGR. 

James Morton 7 The Bristol City loanee was always eager to get on the ball and showcase his ball spraying skills from midfield in his first competitive match for Rovers.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/17814725.forest-green-player-ratings-debutants-allen-morton-impress-victory-oldham-athletic/

On 03/08/2019 at 22:57, JonDolman said:

According to Lincoln fans Morrell was superb. Him and Payne (who im surprised they managed to sign sign) seem to look different class. Dribbling and moving the ball forwards. Sounds like they're playing good football and a good move for Joe. Could really see him coming back ready next season.

really nice write up on Joe Morell's first Lincoln appearance here:

https://staceywest.net/2019/08/05/joe-morrell-a-masterclass-in-midfield-play-on-debut-from-on-loan-bristol-city-man/

...just spotted that @bcfc01 has posted the same report in the main forum...

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

really nice write up on Joe Morell's first Lincoln appearance here:

https://staceywest.net/2019/08/05/joe-morrell-a-masterclass-in-midfield-play-on-debut-from-on-loan-bristol-city-man/

...just spotted that @bcfc01 has posted the same report in the main forum...

Sorry about that - can mods move/delete it ?

@Red Exile, @bcfc01 Thanks for the report guys. I've taken the liberty of copying out the bits on Morrell, with interesting bits in bold:

"Morrell sat in front of the back four alongside Michael O’Connor, looking to add some guile and forward passing to the Imps’ side. With the likes of Jorge Grant and Jack Payne up ahead, Morrell and O’Connor had to turn in good performances. Now we have Payne to link the forwards and the midfield, service from deep has never been as crucial.

I thought Mickey got everywhere this weekend and, given his recent injury struggle, that made me pick him for Man of the Match. Someone around me on the way back down Sincil Bank did suggest Morrell was their top player and that stats back up that claim.

His passing accuracy was excellent, right across the spectrum. Danny said post match that Joe has a lovely weight of pass, he can judge the power and precision of a pass superbly well. Not only is that true, but he’s unnervingly accurate, or at least he was this weekend.

His passing accuracy was 83.3%, a genuinely impressive figure that would be lauded at any level of the game. People often say that it’s easy to rack up good passing accuracy knocking it backwards and sideways, but that wasn’t the case here.

13 of the passes Morrell made were played forward, 77.8% of which were accurate. When playing into the final third he made 10 passes, nine of which went where they were intended. That’s 90% accuracy, a tremendous number. Whilst it is only one fixture, his distribution was incredibly effective.

My preconception was that he’d be the ball player, O’Connor the ball winner. That’s not to say one can’t do the other, but I envisaged us having a ‘defensive’ midfielder and an ‘offensive’ one. Maybe I’m trying to make it too complicated because Morrell had some great numbers in terms of his ball winning as well.

He made 16 ball recoveries. Now, I wasn’t sure what that entailed so I watched a few videos of his recoveries and it’s things like winning balls played forward by the opposition just as much as it is tackles. 16 is a good number, he was clearly alert to danger and eager to get into the right positions to win the ball.

Finally, he won 75% of his defensive duels, providing adequate cover alongside Mickey at the back.

“Well, I’m a midfield player who likes to get forward,” he told me in an interview with the club programme over the summer.

“I’m not the biggest but I like to get on the ball and create chances. I can play further forward and come from deep as well. I like to dictate the tempo of the game and I look forward to showing what I can do at Sincil Bank.”

He managed to make a cracking start this weekend; it was a really impressive debut from Morrell. He got about the park well and was often a pass behind the shot assists, much as Alex Woodyard used to be back in the day. I did say before the game we needed an ‘Alex Woodyard’ figure, a slick passer who could help bridge the gao [sic] in the middle of the park."

Jojo Wollacott has gone on loan to Forest Green Rovers.

Their current keeper is less experienced than him, so I wonder if he could find himself in there after a few games, good loan for him & gets to work under David Coles again. 

I've also just had a look at their squad, their winger Williams got injured at the weekend, he was a key player for them. I think Jonny Smith would be a good replacement. 

23 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Excellent video of Cameron Pring on his debut on Tin's twitter:

40 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

He looks like he's got the lot, doesn't he? Dasilva might have some competition next season

Another one that looks like he has grown and filled out in the last few months. He will definitely be making people sit up and take notice if he continues with that kind of performance. 

Zak Vyner has made it into Europe before anyone else! He didn't get on but was on the bench for the Aberdeen Europa league defeat last night.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Another one that looks like he has grown and filled out in the last few months. He will definitely be making people sit up and take notice if he continues with that kind of performance. 

Agreed - perhaps the reason why we've not recruited another left sided defender?

10 hours ago, redysteadygo1 said:

Paterson sub today at Derby. Got on for 45 minutes. Only found one comment re; performance and he was given a 6 and " buzzed around d slot but rarely touched the ball".

Oh and they're complaing of paying £4.50. for a pint of piss called Carling.

To be honest I don't think Paterson really counts as a loanee, I don't think he is coming back. The fact that he is not showing in the squad listing on the official site when other loanees are, is telling.

Vyner started in Aberdeens 1-0 loss to St Mirren yesterday. Think he played RWB/RB & their fans weren't impressed, I watched the highlights & the goal wasn't his fault & he put in a cross that created their best chance of the game which was just tipped over the bar, must be a hard bunch to please up there!

I really don't see Vyner as a right back, I never have done & after what Plymouth fans said about him at CB I think he'd have been perfect stepping in for Webster. 

7 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Vyner started in Aberdeens 1-0 loss to St Mirren yesterday. Think he played RWB/RB & their fans weren't impressed, I watched the highlights & the goal wasn't his fault & he put in a cross that created their best chance of the game which was just tipped over the bar, must be a hard bunch to please up there!

I really don't see Vyner as a right back, I never have done & after what Plymouth fans said about him at CB I think he'd have been perfect stepping in for Webster. 

Unlike football fans to write off a young player after just one match . 

;)

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Joe Morrell vs Rotherham at the weekend here. 

Excellent thanks James. I thought they may have had a tough game, they were actually 0-1 up at half time without having a shot on goal (Own goal)! I think there are some similarities there to Nagy, although Nagy looks like he is more proactive and dictating play, where as some of Morrells work looks reactive but no less effective defensively. 

From the Guardian :

Forest Green sprung a surprise at Charlton, winning 5-3 on penalties after the tie ended goalless. Debutant keeper Joseph Wollacott, who used to work serving burgers on matchdays at The Valley, had an evening to remember, producing a stunning first-half stop to deny Naby Sarr, saving Jake Forster-Caskey’s 68th minute penalty and pushing Albie Morgan’s shootout spot-kick on to the post.

A few comments from FGR fans following last nights game.

"Wollacott was brilliant right through the match. Penalty saves during the match plus the one in the shot out. He also caught everything that came across his box"
"Both Morton & Wollacott put in excellent shifts"
"Wollacott was outstanding. He didn't move an inch before the penalties were struck except one where he fell at the shimmy"
"Joe Mills mom but Morton was excellent for the first and last third. Such a shame we've only got him for a year."
"But everyone worked hard and Morton looked almost classy."
"James Morton - how can he be 18, he plays with all the assurance and calmness of a seasoned international"

Joe Morrell had to go off just after half time in Lincolns game, their manager said the reasoning was due to 'mild asthma'

4 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

From the Guardian :

Forest Green sprung a surprise at Charlton, winning 5-3 on penalties after the tie ended goalless. Debutant keeper Joseph Wollacott, who used to work serving burgers on matchdays at The Valley, had an evening to remember, producing a stunning first-half stop to deny Naby Sarr, saving Jake Forster-Caskey’s 68th minute penalty and pushing Albie Morgan’s shootout spot-kick on to the post.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

A few comments from FGR fans following last nights game.

"Wollacott was brilliant right through the match. Penalty saves during the match plus the one in the shot out. He also caught everything that came across his box"
"Both Morton & Wollacott put in excellent shifts"
"Wollacott was outstanding. He didn't move an inch before the penalties were struck except one where he fell at the shimmy"
"Joe Mills mom but Morton was excellent for the first and last third. Such a shame we've only got him for a year."
"But everyone worked hard and Morton looked almost classy."
"James Morton - how can he be 18, he plays with all the assurance and calmness of a seasoned international"

Joe Morrell had to go off just after half time in Lincolns game, their manager said the reasoning was due to 'mild asthma'

They always talk about "one for the cameras" when it comes to goalkeepers making saves, but isn't this a great shot of Wollacott on BCFC? 

image.png.4fc7197d588de7b41281eefe67a7c622.png

Archived