IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

32 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Completely missed that Freddie Hinds went on loan to Colchester. 

We've got quite a few out on loan playing in the football league now, Tinman does a brilliant job. 

We've got 11 out on loan playing in the football league now, as well as Vyner who's playing SPL.

• Jamie Paterson (Derby County, Championship)
  • Zak Vyner (Aberdeen, Scottish Premiership)
  • Joe Morrell (Lincoln City, League One)
  • Max O'Leary (Shrewsbury Town, League One)
  • Matty Taylor (Oxford United, League One)
  • Cameron Pring and Rory Holden (Walsall, League Two)
  • George Nurse (Newport County, League Two)
  • James Morton and Jojo Wollacott (Forest Green Rovers, League Two)
  • Freddie Hinds (Colchester United, League Two)
  • Jonny Smith (Oldham Athletic, League Two)
  • Opi Edwards, Robbie Cundy and Connor Lemonheigh-Evans (Torquay United, National League)
  • Harvey Smith and Owura Edwards (Bath City, National League South)
  • Vince Harper (Gloucester City, National League North)
  • Zak Smith and Bradley Webb (Taunton Town, Southern League Premier South)
  • Lochlan Robertson (Evesham United, Southern League Division One South

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

We've got 11 out on loan playing in the football league now, as well as Vyner who's playing SPL.

• Jamie Paterson (Derby County, Championship)
  • Zak Vyner (Aberdeen, Scottish Premiership)
  • Joe Morrell (Lincoln City, League One)
  • Max O'Leary (Shrewsbury Town, League One)
  • Matty Taylor (Oxford United, League One)
  • Cameron Pring and Rory Holden (Walsall, League Two)
  • George Nurse (Newport County, League Two)
  • James Morton and Jojo Wollacott (Forest Green Rovers, League Two)
  • Freddie Hinds (Colchester United, League Two)
  • Jonny Smith (Oldham Athletic, League Two)
  • Opi Edwards, Robbie Cundy and Connor Lemonheigh-Evans (Torquay United, National League)
  • Harvey Smith and Owura Edwards (Bath City, National League South)
  • Vince Harper (Gloucester City, National League North)
  • Zak Smith and Bradley Webb (Taunton Town, Southern League Premier South)
  • Lochlan Robertson (Evesham United, Southern League Division One South

Tom Harrison is also at Gloucester I believe.

Sounds like Cundy may have been getting a lesson from Jon Stead.  Scored a pen and then another from open play.

"63' Stead has been the difference between the two sides....but now he's sent off. Second yellow for handball. #tufc #TORvHARR

0 replies0 retweets3 likes

Retweet

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sounds like Walsh , had decent game for the Sky Blues 

At fault for one of Blackpool’s goals but seems Cov fans impressed with his passing 

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/player-ratings.106597/

It was fortunate for us that we signed Flint instead of McFazdean.

The latter is a very ordinary league 1 player   and would never have been sold for as much as Flinty was.

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sounds like Walsh , had decent game for the Sky Blues 

At fault for one of Blackpool’s goals but seems Cov fans impressed with his passing 

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/player-ratings.106597/

Yes, passed the ball away, got turned far too easily when trying to get it back and then failed to track the runner who scored. Pretty poor.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11804474/coventry-3-2-blackpool

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, passed the ball away, got turned far too easily when trying to get it back and then failed to track the runner who scored. Pretty poor.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11804474/coventry-3-2-blackpool

Nice little ball out right though to the winger who crossed for Cov`s winner.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

This tweet made me laugh, but also made me a bit angry yesterday.  He didn’t reply when I asked him what he meant and how he reached that conclusion!  It’s total bollox isn’t it! 

Yea I follow him as well but yet to agree with any if his content. Think it was some of his comments when we played Birmingham City that really put me off. Doesn’t seem to know the game. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea I follow him as well but yet to agree with any if his content. Think it was some of his comments when we played Birmingham City that really put me off. Doesn’t seem to know the game. 

He gives the impression of knowing everything about every EFL player, which is impossible.  Think he’s one of the new breed of social media “commentators” who have to make comment on everything where they can’t really have any real opinion.  

Its funny, because I called him out v Brum too.  Said it was an even game then gave all Brum players 7s and 8s, and all ours 6s!!

Made his debut for Coventry vs Blackpool yesterday, some positive comments on their forum https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/player-ratings.106597/

And some highlights here - 

Really think he has the potential to be a quality player, but not sure if Johnson sees him fitting in front of Nagy Brownhill or Massengo any time soon.

6 minutes ago, CarlBCFC said:

Made his debut for Coventry vs Blackpool yesterday, some positive comments on their forum https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/player-ratings.106597/

And some highlights here - 

Really think he has the potential to be a quality player, but not sure if Johnson sees him fitting in front of Nagy Brownhill or Massengo any time soon.

All this is referred to in the Loan Watch thread, including the negative comments from Cov fans about him giving away the second goal.

9 hours ago, Roe said:

I really like Walsh.  He's a really good passer and I like how inventive he tries to be.  It's a shame we haven't been able to find a place for him in our team yet but maybe one day.

I too like Walsh, I like intelligent footballers with the passing ability to back that up. However looking at it from the coaches point of view, On Saturday he undid all the pretty stuff in that video in less than 30 seconds. Passed the ball away, then took up a terrible position in trying to get it back and got turned, finally he failed to stay with the runner who went into the box and scored. Those three moments summed up why LJ doesn't trust him and why he is out on loan. Can he learn from these things and improve them? Who knows, but it's better he works on it while at Coventry than with us.

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I too like Walsh, I like intelligent footballers with the passing ability to back that up. However looking at it from the coaches point of view, On Saturday he undid all the pretty stuff in that video in less than 30 seconds. Passed the ball away, then took up a terrible position in trying to get it back and got turned, finally he failed to stay with the runner who went into the box and scored. Those three moments summed up why LJ doesn't trust him and why he is out on loan. Can he learn from these things and improve them? Who knows, but it's better he works on it while at Coventry than with us.

He did make up for it to a certain extent though by playing the ball out right to the winger who crossed for Cov`s winner.

Archived