IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

Wollacott started in FGR 2-2 draw with Carlisle. Morton was an unused sub.

O'Leary kept a clean sheet on his return from injury as Shrewsbury beat Mansfield 2-0.

Smith played 90 for Oldham in their 0-1 loss to Burton. 

Holden played 90 mins and Taylor played 87 as Oxford beat Walsall 1-0

Paterson unused Sub for Derby.

Janneh & Cundy both played 90 for Torquay in their 5-1 loss to Stockport.

Britton played final 20 mins for Bath. 

Marcus Day has joined Paulton Rovers on loan. Scored 2 great goals today, one left foot finish after a jinking run and a great right foot finish into the top corner from 25 yards. Bristol Manor Farm were a very physical side and he coped very very well. Loans like this are very good for the younger players development. Paulton beat Manor Farm 4-2.

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Marcus Day has joined Paulton Rovers on loan. Scored 2 great goals today, one left foot finish after a jinking run and a great right foot finish into the top corner from 25 yards. Bristol Manor Farm were a very physical side and he coped very very well. Loans like this are very good for the younger players development. Paulton beat Manor Farm 4-2.

Is he Mervyn Day’s son ? 

23 hours ago, Garycpos said:

10 weeks at Oldham :-

5 League 2 Goals

1 FA Cup Goal

1 Lancashire Cup Goal

3 League Assists

Getting into the Bristol Spirit of things .....??

Seems to be doing well there. 

Could a League One loan from January be on the cards?

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

LJ seemingly open to the idea of loaning out Semenyo. Still think he should have featured more, the signing of Rodri doesn’t half annoy me. 

Is he talented enough to get into a L1 side though as a striker? He is seemingly still learning the game and I am not sure he is far enough along to help a L1 side stay up with goals or be anything more than impact sub for a good L1 side. For me it is a bit of a conundrum because staying might benefit him just as much by coming to grips with how we play and what we want him to do as a striker. Will he get that same coaching in a lower division? Tough call for me. 

Agree about Rodri though. Not had an impact but has taken 100 or so league minutes from Semenyo. I may be in the minority but I’d rather Morrell, Vyner, Semenyo and Adelakun/Smith fighting for start over the likes of Watkins, Wright, Rodri and Smith(sorry so many injuries and think it time to use those wages elsewhere). 

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Is he talented enough to get into a L1 side though as a striker? He is seemingly still learning the game and I am not sure he is far enough along to help a L1 side stay up with goals or be anything more than impact sub for a good L1 side. For me it is a bit of a conundrum because staying might benefit him just as much by coming to grips with how we play and what we want him to do as a striker. Will he get that same coaching in a lower division? Tough call for me. 

Agree about Rodri though. Not had an impact but has taken 100 or so league minutes from Semenyo. I may be in the minority but I’d rather Morrell, Vyner, Semenyo and Adelakun/Smith fighting for start over the likes of Watkins, Wright, Rodri and Smith(sorry so many injuries and think it time to use those wages elsewhere). 

I like the cut of your gib!

I think many league one teams would happily have him, he could probably get game time in his preferred LW role if we find the right loan. Personally I’d keep him and play him more. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Newport fan told me he is far too good for league 2, and that was a year ago. 

League one is so much worse than the championship. I think he will go there, maybe even Scottish prem which is also a lot worse than Championship.

I would probably recall Morrell and loan out Semenyo.

What that interview does tell us is how much of an affect the fans can have on a youngsters confidence. Not just in the ground, but I reckon more so on social media where players can read exactly what fans think of them.

Really find it annoying how some of our fans are with young players.

I would definitely recall Morrell. We have seen it is hard for Nagy and Massengo to go 3 in a week. Korey injury prone and coming to the end of his contract and Brownhill splitting time between a couple positions. I think Morrell would get plenty of minutes with us now we have seen him at higher standard. 

As for Semenyo it was on the left. I imagine we’d want him playing as a striker if we loan him out. I know the difference in standards but he does seem quite far off this level so I do question whether he would be good enough to consistently start up top for a L1 side. 

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I would definitely recall Morrell. We have seen it is hard for Nagy and Massengo to go 3 in a week. Korey injury prone and coming to the end of his contract and Brownhill splitting time between a couple positions. I think Morrell would get plenty of minutes with us now we have seen him at higher standard. 

As for Semenyo it was on the left. I imagine we’d want him playing as a striker if we loan him out. I know the difference in standards but he does seem quite far off this level so I do question whether he would be good enough to consistently start up top for a L1 side. 

Not to mention what to do with Liam Walsh . He’s an obvious talent but perhaps too much like Morrell . 

Seems like we have too many similar player types, smallish build , midfielders who are good on the ball with bags of energy.

Should we just let Smith leave for nothing ? 
Surely the dilemma is that he is worth something if he’s in contract  and  if he proves his fitness but if no one comes in for him then he’s blocking the youngsters coming through.

Tough decision to make for the club . 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Not to mention what to do with Liam Walsh . He’s an obvious talent but perhaps too much like Morrell . 

Seems like we have too many similar player types, smallish build , midfielders who are good on the ball with bags of energy.

Should we just let Smith leave for nothing ? 
Surely the dilemma is that he is worth something if he’s in contract  and  if he proves his fitness but if no one comes in for him then he’s blocking the youngsters coming through.

Tough decision to make for the club . 

With Smith think it as simple as appreciate what he has done for the club and try to get promoted with him getting minutes here and there. His value would be low(in terms of champ fees) anyway due to his injury record, age and just the fact he is a more defensive midfielder. 

With Walsh it is hard because he doesn’t really fit how we play. He is more a barry bannan type to me but we don’t have the kind of player that would need to play next to him. Maybe we could overcome that but for me Morrell is ahead of Walsh atm. Maybe best case is we loan Walsh again to a team coming up to the champ next season or a Scottish team. Probably needs a new contract to do that and not sure if he would be keen on that

Always tough but imo we need to clean up some of our fringe players. Imo there is a lot of wasted wages in the squad. Need to trim the squad down and trust some of these out on loan to do a job for us when called upon. 

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Could Doyle go back to Bradford?

Not a rumour, just a thought on my part. I was chatting to a work colleague who is a Lincoln fan and they love Morrell, but are resigned to the fact he will be coming back to us. 
The point is that, he says they have lots of midfield cover but only two strikers, I was wondering whether Morrell comes back to us in Jan as the home grown player and Semenyo goes to Lincoln to keep them sweet? It could be a good plan.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not a rumour, just a thought on my part. I was chatting to a work colleague who is a Lincoln fan and they love Morrell, but are resigned to the fact he will be coming back to us. 
The point is that, he says they have lots of midfield cover but only two strikers, I was wondering whether Morrell comes back to us in Jan as the home grown player and Semenyo goes to Lincoln to keep them sweet? It could be a good plan.

I heard a rumour (I work in Swindon) that Doyle might be heading back.

Be interesting to see Semenyo and Tyler Walker up top.  I really like Walker, one to watch over the next 18 months imho.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Be interesting to see Semenyo and Tyler Walker up top.  I really like Walker, one to watch over the next 18 months imho.

To be honest, I didn’t realise that Doyle was only on loan. What a bizarre decision that looks, fancy being 6th in the table, but knowing you have lent the league leaders a striker who is banging them in for fun!

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be honest, I didn’t realise that Doyle was only on loan. What a bizarre decision that looks, fancy being 6th in the table, but knowing you have lent the league leaders a striker who is banging them in for fun!

Wages, budgets I suspect.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Feels like Walker has been threatening to break out for 5 years or more now! He looks the part and always has seems to be clicking a bit more every season now. 

That would be a decent loan for Semenyo but we’d have to, imo, somehow make it almost mandatory to play him as a striker if that is what we think his future is. Maybe you could do that by saying we will pay half his wages if he plays the majority of the game as a striker but they are liable for full wages if he does not? I don’t know how in depth these agreements can go. 

On 13/12/2019 at 20:47, Davefevs said:

Could Doyle go back to Bradford?

Listening to his interview, post match yesterday, he definitely doesn’t want to. ‘I love it here, I want to stay. I don’t want to go back. As far as I’m concerned I’m on a season long loan’.

Dont know what reaction their fans would be if he stays - he can’t play for anyone else this season - but his move was down to freeing up wages for Bradford to bring in 2 or 3 players. OOC in June, so they could insist on a fee for him in Jan.

i suppose that’s the problem you get when a club gets to rely on loan players.

13 hours ago, RedDave said:

Jonny Smith to be recalled in January and loaned to league one club. Apparently 

Not sure how I feel about that one. On one hand play as high as you can when you can. On the other, and I felt this at the time he went there on loan, that he can be the main man in a team for a season and that would do him so much good confidence wise. 

33 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

This would shock me as I think he’s probably too good for you. Would be a great signing for you though. Does this mean Doyle is gone?

Personally, think it would be wiser to put him in a team flying in a lower division than a mid table side up a division where he may be in and out of the team. Similar to my comment about Jonny Smith. If he goes to Swindon and scores 10 goals in half a season think that does him more good then scoring 3-4 a league higher. Again how I look at it and I get the argument for playing higher level

Archived