IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

On 04/01/2020 at 20:07, Lanterne Rouge said:

Played the full 90. I`ll have a look on Pasoti when I get a chance to see what they think and will be seeing a mate on Monday who always goes away so will ask for his opinion.

Not a huge amount on Pasoti as they`re understandably more interested in discussing Luke Jephcott the 18yr old striker they recalled from Truro and scored twice but what there is is generally positive - slotted in nicely, won a lot of ball, stuff like that.

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What do we think about Morton being recalled from FGR? Will he be in and around the squad to provide some height in midfield or off to a higher level on loan? 

Probs for the best if we can get him out to a side in the same division who can offer more game time. 

Don't think he's ready for the Championship yet. 

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We have some serious talent in that midfield out on loan in him, Morrell and Walsh.

Need to clear the way for them at some point surely. Maybe Bakinson still a season or 2 away from being ready, but this is very positive start for him.

Plymouth do seem to have the knack of improving our loan players. A lot of it I think is playing in front of decent crowds in a decent stadium and their fans aren`t too quick to judge a player.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe they should take Vyner back next season if they can get promoted to play in his proper position at centre back. They love him down there and was fantastic for them apparently.

I think they`d need to go up for that to happen. If they were League 1 we ought to think carefully about it but League 2 I`m not so sure.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

We have some serious talent in that midfield out on loan in him, Morrell and Walsh.

Need to clear the way for them at some point surely. Maybe Bakinson still a season or 2 away from being ready, but this is very positive start for him.

Few comments here on PASOTI

https://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110220&sid=d99c98b4453a742ec5e1736d19aad8db

14 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'd finally get my tall midfielder mate! I do hope he fulfills his promise. If Massengo and Brownhill are snapped up in the next 6-18 months you'd like to think we can turn to our loanees to replace them.

On 11/01/2020 at 21:29, JonDolman said:

Yep agreed. Vyner is at least league one standard. He's kind of in between that and championship it seems.

I'd like to see Vyner given a go at CB here. As has been mentioned already, Plymouth fans loved him playing CB there then he ended up playing RB the season after. 

With Wright & Williams (Probably) out of the door this summer, I wouldn't be against having Him, Moore, Kalas, Baker as our CB options. 

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 21:35, Davefevs said:

Max had a blinder for Shrews against Lincoln today.

He's ready now imo. Make this his last loan, and have him and DB as our keepers next year. Release Niki or Rene and keep the other as emergency cover. It's a good carrot for other academy players to see people break into our match day set up.

Next up, Morrell, Bakinson, Jojo, Vyner. Jonny Smith maybe?   

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

He's ready now imo. Make this his last loan, and have him and DB as our keepers next year. Release Niki or Rene and keep the other as emergency cover. It's a good carrot for other academy players to see people break into our match day set up.

Would be nice to see MOL replace Niki and actually challenge Bentley. Not a huge amount of point him coming back to sit on the bench if Bentley plays every game.

Couple of guys I work with are Torquay fans and have been keeping an eye on our young loanees. Very disappointed in Lemonhaigh-Evans after being impressed with him last season, and apparently Cundy isn't doing brilliantly either but still early days for him.

29 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

Would be nice to see MOL replace Niki and actually challenge Bentley. Not a huge amount of point him coming back to sit on the bench if Bentley plays every game.

Couple of guys I work with are Torquay fans and have been keeping an eye on our young loanees. Very disappointed in Lemonhaigh-Evans after being impressed with him last season, and apparently Cundy isn't doing brilliantly either but still early days for him.

Totally agree, I'd give him all cup games for starters. Plus let him know that he and DB will be competing, no guaranteed starters.

Re Lemonheigh-Evans and Cundy, we have so many on loan some just won't be good enough. Hopefully they'll kick on though and make me eat my words in a few seasons time ? 

1 hour ago, RonWalker said:

Conor Evans has just come back from a bad injury picked up really early in the season. Will take him time to get back up to speed.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Saw a rumour that West Ham have bid for Bentley.  No idea his true, but could be Niki and Max competing like last season.  Rene pretty much there as a coach, only back-up playing-wise.  

2 hours ago, RonWalker said:

Torquay just signed Gary Warren on loan from Exeter.  Experienced pro, who some camps hoped would help Cundy at Exeter, but injuries didn’t help.  Now both at Torquay.

40 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Don't think there is any truth in Bentley rumour Dave. Seems like it was started by an account with very few followers on Twitter. Did hear West Ham were after Cardiff keeper who was "dropped" yesterday if Boro keeper falls through.

Yeah, someone in work mentioned it to me, said they’d seen it on twitter...so I hadn’t seen it myself.

54 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

go get Dwight gale and make some statement of intent or are we just a surviving championship club with no goal if so drop season ticket prices

And what does this have to do with our players out on loan? 

Unless of course you want us to get Gayle and loan him out to Torquay straight away...

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And what does this have to do with our players out on loan? 

Unless of course you want us to get Gayle and loan him out to Torquay straight away...

Probably couldn’t stand the fact there is a section of this site without a post of complete bullshit in it.

Archived