IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/plymouth-argyle/11912055/plymouth-3-1-mansfield

The good attacking and horrific defending of our number 14. Why is he playing vs children? He looks so much bigger than them!

Bakinson

He hit the woodwork twice apparently despite the highlights only showing one of them.

13 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I imagine at 22 this kiddy will probably get sold this coming summer?

Yes, after 3 years going on loan

AFC Fylde - 10 Goals 10 assists

Tranmere Rovers - 5 Goals 6 Assists & Promotion to L1

Oldham (Current) - 7 Goals 6 Assists so far....

There is no more the kid can do ... he has worked hard and delivered, would have liked him to have played a game or part at Ashton Gate but dont think it will happen.

6 hours ago, Garycpos said:

There is no more the kid can do ... he has worked hard and delivered, would have liked him to have played a game or part at Ashton Gate but dont think it will happen.

How does ya kiddy feel himself? It’s all good n have him watched, but they don’t see him day in day out train, gotta feel for him, seems all a big profit game with some of these youngsters, if we don’t keep him, I feel this might bite us back in the future 

7 hours ago, Garycpos said:

Yes, after 3 years going on loan

AFC Fylde - 10 Goals 10 assists

Tranmere Rovers - 5 Goals 6 Assists & Promotion to L1

Oldham (Current) - 7 Goals 6 Assists so far....

If they offered him a contract like they have with Morrell and others, would he take it?

On 18/01/2020 at 19:25, Prinny said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/plymouth-argyle/11912055/plymouth-3-1-mansfield

The good attacking and horrific defending of our number 14. Why is he playing vs children? He looks so much bigger than them!

Bakinson

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/green-army-raving-over-plymouth-3754092

Bakinson doing well.

I think thats 3 games and 3 man of the match awards ?

18 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If they offered him a contract like they have with Morrell and others, would he take it?

I absolutely believe so, He wants to show what he has got, and being young and a late birthday he has battled against all the odds right through his football ,  but, he must get the chance to do that, and he has not been given it previously !! not even getting on a single pre-season trip as in most cases he went out on loan. I know it is difficult sport, I have personally been involved in some capacity in football for 30+ years being a FA Coach, A FA Referee and a Scout for a Championship Club so I know the ropes, and BCFC have been blessed with some great left footed and right footed wingers over the last few years which sort  of nullifies his position. The point is going out on loan has improved him vastly as a player and the stats and game time in Conference and League 2 respectively prove it but primarily his dream move was to here. I know people bang on about "Yes, but could he play Championship Football ?" Well 60-70% of the players currently playing or greater have come from lower leagues but they must be given a chance to bloom ..... and I personally clap my hands at Eliasson who has grasped his chance with both hands and proved it....?

55 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

I absolutely believe so, He wants to show what he has got, and being young and a late birthday he has battled against all the odds right through his football ,  but, he must get the chance to do that, and he has not been given it previously !! not even getting on a single pre-season trip as in most cases he went out on loan. I know it is difficult sport, I have personally been involved in some capacity in football for 30+ years being a FA Coach, A FA Referee and a Scout for a Championship Club so I know the ropes, and BCFC have been blessed with some great left footed and right footed wingers over the last few years which sort  of nullifies his position. The point is going out on loan has improved him vastly as a player and the stats and game time in Conference and League 2 respectively prove it but primarily his dream move was to here. I know people bang on about "Yes, but could he play Championship Football ?" Well 60-70% of the players currently playing or greater have come from lower leagues but they must be given a chance to bloom ..... and I personally clap my hands at Eliasson who has grasped his chance with both hands and proved it....?

That's interesting and good to hear in that, it seems a much more balanced view that previous relatives have posted about players (no names, no pack drill :) ). I would like to think that this pre-season coming could be his, he certainly has the kind of stats that would have us looking at him, if he wasn't already our player.

1 hour ago, Garycpos said:

Eliasson and O’Dowda got lots of time to experience championship football and improve. (COD improved to a lesser extent), does/will LJ give the same time to academy players or academy signings? I don’t think he does, maybe because he feels less of an obligation to as they aren’t unequivocally his signings? 

2 hours ago, Garycpos said:

Brilliant post Jonny’s dad, and it sounds like you’ve got the right attitude as a parent too.  Hope he continues to progress.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

He has pretty much always played on right for Oldham.

That's the way it is nowadays with a lot of lefties. 

But do you feel he could play in other roles? Obviously left wing but how about attacking midfield or second striker. Or even left wing back?

Personally, I actually prefer him on the left, but an advanced role rather than a wing back. Strangely he progressed in his youth from a left back. His biggest asset is his brain to foot ratio which is very quick, coupled with burst pace for 5-10yards which very few players live with him over that distance. Either wing, or progressing to a No10 is also not too far away. He knows where the net is and never gets flustered. Now I am sounding like an advert !! Would love him to have a shot in preseason , a few maybe surprised.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Eliasson and O’Dowda got lots of time to experience championship football and improve. (COD improved to a lesser extent), does/will LJ give the same time to academy players or academy signings? I don’t think he does, maybe because he feels less of an obligation to as they aren’t unequivocally his signings? 

Hi Stanley,

I first met LJ when he was Oldham Manager and Jonny played against Oldham Youth for Wrexham, he made a penalty and also scored and when he signed for BCFC  Lee remembered him from that match. Phenomenal memory as he reminded me....

1 minute ago, Garycpos said:

Hi Stanley,

I first met LJ when he was Oldham Manager and Jonny played against Oldham Youth for Wrexham, he made a penalty and also scored and when he signed for BCFC  Lee remembered him from that match. Phenomenal memory as he reminded me....

Awesome! I interviewed the chairman of Fylde supporters last year and he was very complimentary about Jonny. Clearly a lad willing to work hard and graft.

I worry about the size of our squad though, some will never get a chance because of it. I hope he’s one who gets a chance to prove himself and takes it. 

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Awesome! I interviewed the chairman of Fylde supporters last year and he was very complimentary about Jonny. Clearly a lad willing to work hard and graft.

I worry about the size of our squad though, some will never get a chance because of it. I hope he’s one who gets a chance to prove himself and takes it. 

I guess this where the conveyor belt comes into play if Eliasson gets interest in the summer?

21 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

Hi Stanley,

Just read on sky he’s signed a new deal with us, congrats to the lad

Archived