IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Jonny Smith scores again and an assist for the 2nd against Cockmans Mansfield.

A few comments from twitter:

If there’s a god, he’ll somehow pull off a miracle and let us sign Jonny smith permanently end of this season Cos that boys is f****** gold!

Johnny Smith too good for this league

How easy was that from Johnny Smith?

Jonny Smith is some talent.

Bakinson played 85 for Plymouth in their 2-2 draw, judging by comments on twitter, didn't have the best of games but a few mention that could be to do with the system/where he was played. 

Walsh played 90 for Coventry in their 0-0 draw, picked up a booking. A few MOTM shouts for him on their forum. 

Joseff (who knew that was how his first name was spelt?) Morrell played 90 for Lincoln in their 2-0 loss, picked up a booking. Also a few motm shouts for him. 

Szmodics got another goal for Peterborough & an 'assist assist' if you like with a great ball through to Toney for their second. A lot of their fans telling Darragh to sign him up!

Pring played 90, and Holden came on for the last 35 mins as Walsall lost 2-0.

As earlier mentioned in the thread, Smith scored and assisted for Oldham in their 3-1 win.

Adelakun played 89 for Rotherham in their 1-0 win.

Nurse was an unused sub for Newport. 

I've been consistently looking at all the opinions of our loan clubs fans and all have been raving about all of our players. Miller's fans love Adelakun at the moment and say he has got better every game for the league one leaders! 

Hopefully we keep all these players and they feature in our squad next season. 

I note that we have extended the loans of Robbie Cundy and Conor Lemonheigh Evans at Torquay to the end of the season. This is fine for defender Robbie, who at 22 only joined us from Bath in the summer, but what does the future hold for midfielder Conor? Over the years I've tried to follow his career as he seemed to have some fine attributes. Certainly there was a time when he was seen as being equal to, if not in front of the same aged Joe Morrell. Injuries have certainly played a part in his development but he's now 23 and we still have him playing in the national league with seemingly little thought to him being placed higher up the pyramid. Is it time therefore for either himself (as Jake Andrews did) or for ourselves to sever ties so he can forge a career elsewhere? As I see it the following midfielders at 23 or younger are ahead of him: Han Noah Massengo, Joe Morrell, Liam Walsh, Tyreeq Bakinson, Rory Holden, James Morton, George Nurse, Jonny Smith and Hakeeb Adelukan. Even if you factor out Smith and Adelukan as primarily wingers, and accept that Nurse, Morton, and possibly Holden will be sent out on loan again, he would still be behind Massengo, Morrell, Walsh and Bakinson, who are ever going to form the midfield 4 together. And none of this includes the 24 year old Sammie Szmodics. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I note that we have extended the loans of Robbie Cundy and Conor Lemonheigh Evans at Torquay to the end of the season. This is fine for defender Robbie, who at 22 only joined us from Bath in the summer, but what does the future hold for midfielder Conor? Over the years I've tried to follow his career as he seemed to have some fine attributes. Certainly there was a time when he was seen as being equal to, if not in front of the same aged Joe Morrell. Injuries have certainly played a part in his development but he's now 23 and we still have him playing in the national league with seemingly little thought to him being placed higher up the pyramid. Is it time therefore for either himself (as Jake Andrews did) or for ourselves to sever ties so he can forge a career elsewhere? As I see it the following midfielders at 23 or younger are ahead of him: Han Noah Massengo, Joe Morrell, Liam Walsh, Tyreeq Bakinson, Rory Holden, James Morton, George Nurse, Jonny Smith and Hakeeb Adelukan. Even if you factor out Smith and Adelukan as primarily wingers, and accept that Nurse, Morton, and possibly Holden will be sent out on loan again, he would still be behind Massengo, Morrell, Walsh and Bakinson, who are ever going to form the midfield 4 together. And none of this includes the 24 year old Sammie Szmodics. 

Yes, I think CLE will prove to be one that just didn’t quite have enough for this level. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure as Masssngo looked fantastic first half and maybe just tired a bit second. He is already top quality at this level imo. 

I keep being told that but he offers very little going forward, 0 goals, 0 assists and 0.3 key passes per game, one of the lowest of the team. Also his defensive stats are very average too, he is not in the top 10 per 90 metrics within the squad for tackles, blocks, interceptions or clearances. Whenever he plays he does run a lot, but leaves massive gaps in the midfield. 

"Top quality at this level" is rose-tinted specs at its finest I'm afraid, purely based on his reputation. We can't have midfielders that aren't our defensive midfielder who do not really contribute to anything at either end of the pitch.

Josh Brownhill was considered by many on here as a player who went missing in games. Well before leaving this season he had 1.7 key passes per 90 (Massengo=0.3), 5 goals (Massengo=0), 2 assists (Massengo=0), and also outperformed HMN on every defensive metric that I mentioned above. 

For the record, I think HNM is an incredible talent and will far exceed us. But he is still only an 18 year old kid, and what I have seen and the stats suggest that he is not as much of the finished article that many on here seem to think he is, and that he is certainly not already a top level Championship player.

Liam Walsh and Joe Morrell have gone out on loan and really showed that they are ready to make the next step and deserve a chance to play for us. I would argue that Massengo needs to take a similar step in his development, because at the moment he seems to just be a very talented youngster playing amongst men. 

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well I mean in spells of games. His ability is quality at this level. But naturally not really doing it for 90 minutes. 

I think he was one of our key players in dominating that first half. He has a lot to offer. But will only be better next season I imagine. 

It's an interesting discussion, with Walsh and Morrell doing so well on loan, where would you suppose his place in the squad would be if Korey were to sign another deal? Thats not even factoring if Henriksen has an excellent loan spell and could also be in the running to sign on a free next season. 

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm not sure. I guess he looks at all of them in the summer and decides who to loan out. 

Would not be surprised if we sell Nagy. If henriksen does great and we sign him then that makes things even more complicated. 

Also have to look at what system we play. Would not surprise me if we look again at going 352 which would mean we need a good number of midfielders. 

I believe we would be playing that now if we had sold Eliasson. And in the summer I'm sure he will be gone. 

I agree on the 352, however with that formation it would likely involve Palmer or Pato as the midfielder behind the striker, so I can't see it making much difference to the number of out and out centre mids needed. 

16 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I keep being told that but he offers very little going forward, 0 goals, 0 assists and 0.3 key passes per game, one of the lowest of the team. Also his defensive stats are very average too, he is not in the top 10 per 90 metrics within the squad for tackles, blocks, interceptions or clearances. Whenever he plays he does run a lot, but leaves massive gaps in the midfield. 

"Top quality at this level" is rose-tinted specs at its finest I'm afraid, purely based on his reputation. We can't have midfielders that aren't our defensive midfielder who do not really contribute to anything at either end of the pitch.

Josh Brownhill was considered by many on here as a player who went missing in games. Well before leaving this season he had 1.7 key passes per 90 (Massengo=0.3), 5 goals (Massengo=0), 2 assists (Massengo=0), and also outperformed HMN on every defensive metric that I mentioned above. 

For the record, I think HNM is an incredible talent and will far exceed us. But he is still only an 18 year old kid, and what I have seen and the stats suggest that he is not as much of the finished article that many on here seem to think he is, and that he is certainly not already a top level Championship player.

Liam Walsh and Joe Morrell have gone out on loan and really showed that they are ready to make the next step and deserve a chance to play for us. I would argue that Massengo needs to take a similar step in his development, because at the moment he seems to just be a very talented youngster playing amongst men. 

It isn’t rose tinted at all. You throw out a bunch of stats but watch the kid play. Always finds ways out of tights spaces, knows where to be and where his next touch needs to take him. Of course he can get better he turned 18 weeks before he signed for us. Also is clearly being asked to play it safe. Be a screen in front of the defence with his energy and work rate and keep mistakes to a minimum and not be out of position. Think back to him coming on for Nagy against QPR early on where he was intercepting passes, playing good sharp passes out to the wing and making late runs into the box. I don’t think you loan out future French internationals if you are a championship club. 

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

It isn’t rose tinted at all. You throw out a bunch of stats but watch the kid play. Always finds ways out of tights spaces, knows where to be and where his next touch needs to take him. Of course he can get better he turned 18 weeks before he signed for us. Also is clearly being asked to play it safe. Be a screen in front of the defence with his energy and work rate and keep mistakes to a minimum and not be out of position. Think back to him coming on for Nagy against QPR early on where he was intercepting passes, playing good sharp passes out to the wing and making late runs into the box. I don’t think you loan out future French internationals if you are a championship club. 

I do watch him play and what I see backs up exactly what the stats also say. He is very tidy with the ball at his feet and is great and holding onto the ball and drawing fouls, however a top level Champ midfielder needs to offer more.

So if Walsh and Morrell have gone and proved themselves out on loan they shouldn’t get a chance? Players should be put in the team as they’ve shown themselves to be ready, rather than picked on reputation. 

Massengo’s time will come, he is young like you say and he has the biggest potential of all the squad. Therefore there is no reason why a 6 month League 1/lower Championship loan wouldn’t be beneficial for all parties involved. 

It’s all well and good saying “future French international” if he never gets there because we have kept playing him when he is playing badly and not giving him the correct steps in his development because of the reputation he has come to the club with. 

Semenyo is very talented and was therefore wanted by Chelsea, but has shown so far he isn’t not quite ready, therefore has gone on loan. Why should HNM be any different?

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems Taylor Moore has had a good start at Blackpool;

https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=3462721

Well, we knew he would.

Give it a few games and he'll be MOM most games imo.

(according to that forum he has 3 brothers in the Lens academy - didn't know that)

They sing Billy Idol songs at Lens:

”in the midnight hour babe she cried Moore, Moore, Moore”

Archived