IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

13 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems Taylor Moore has had a good start at Blackpool;

https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=3462721

Well, we knew he would.

Give it a few games and he'll be MOM most games imo.

(according to that forum he has 3 brothers in the Lens academy - didn't know that)

The rest of the defence must be shocking going by last nights result. It will be interesting how he gets on at the Mem on Saturday though. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

They seem positive about the 20 odd minutes he got last night.

When they were tied for a game on the weekend they didn't bring him on.

When they were 3-0 up they gave him like 20 minutes...

It feels like he's in the exact same position squad wise as he was here. 

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

When they were tied for a game on the weekend they didn't bring him on.

When they were 3-0 up they gave him like 20 minutes...

It feels like he's in the exact same position squad wise as he was here. 

We haven't really been in a position to "give him twenty" so at least that's more than he is getting here.

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Bailey Wright getting good reviews;

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bailey-wright.1505503/

Semenyo not getting such good reviews unfortunately - "looks lost!, "is he a footballer", "erratic",  etc etc.

Was on record saying didn’t like the Sunderland loan. Way too much pressure for him and he isn’t high on confidence like say a Taylor Moore was. Meaning Taylor got a lot of minutes and probably realised he had a lot of experience ahead of him. So drop down and get games and experience. 

Semenyo had the high of playing well at Newport and that being cut short. Then not being able to get minutes for us with a shortage of strikers. Then Rodri coming in which I didn’t like. Then to go to Sunderland who expect promotion is a lot to ask. Football has loads of pressure anyway but this is a lot to ask, imo, for a young lad who hasn’t been around professional football other than the last couple years. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Was on record saying didn’t like the Sunderland loan. Way too much pressure for him and he isn’t high on confidence like say a Taylor Moore was. Meaning Taylor got a lot of minutes and probably realised he had a lot of experience ahead of him. So drop down and get games and experience. 

Semenyo had the high of playing well at Newport and that being cut short. Then not being able to get minutes for us with a shortage of strikers. Then Rodri coming in which I didn’t like. Then to go to Sunderland who expect promotion is a lot to ask. Football has loads of pressure anyway but this is a lot to ask, imo, for a young lad who hasn’t been around professional football other than the last couple years. 

To be fair, I've read another forum where he got some good comments.

All subjective innit.

I was actually at the Colchester v Plymouth game on the weekend (inlaws are Plymouth fans). Bakinson started well and is obviously technically a cut above that league but once Plymouth went a couple of goals down he drifted out of the game and looked much less confident. Didn't help Plymouth kept lumping the ball up to Ryan Taylor (remember him?) all second half. Definitely a player in there though.

Incidentally, very good Green Army following for a long old away day ?

On 11/02/2020 at 20:10, Carey 6 said:

Another assist for Jonny Smith ?

Had lunch yesterday with a mate who's on the Supporters Trust board at Oldham and he says Smith is absolutely brilliant. He did caveat it though by saying that Oldham have a long history of getting young players on loan, them looking great and then fading into obscurity once they go back to their parents clubs

13 hours ago, chipdawg said:

Had lunch yesterday with a mate who's on the Supporters Trust board at Oldham and he says Smith is absolutely brilliant. He did caveat it though by saying that Oldham have a long history of getting young players on loan, them looking great and then fading into obscurity once they go back to their parents clubs

Bobby Reid ???

13 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I think the operative word here is "Grounding" as his feet are nailed to the floor .... no big head Prima Donna's allowed in our house....?

49 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Bobby Reid the midfielder did nothing after his Oldham loan. It's pure coincidence that a very similar looking chap with the same name was a great centre forward for us a few seasons back ?

Could end up like a Jonson Clarke-Harris then ???

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Bakinson just made a bad mistake, losing ball on half way line and Macclesfield going on to score.

Matty Taylor scored for Oxford

I mentioned earlier on in the thread he's gone a bit off the boil recently. Similar sort of thing happened at Newport. Hopefully he can turn it around. 

The level of inconsistency at that standard doesn't make for great reading though. One thing I did notice is that he's been played in a few roles there, think he's even played CB.  

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I mentioned earlier on in the thread he's gone a bit off the boil recently. Similar sort of thing happened at Newport. Hopefully he can turn it around. 

The level of inconsistency at that standard doesn't make for great reading though. One thing I did notice is that he's been played in a few roles there, think he's even played CB.  

The level of inconsistency is precisely why we lone young players out .

They are deemed to learn the standards required in men’s football whilst with their adoptive club .

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The level of inconsistency is precisely why we lone young players out .

They are deemed to learn the standards required in men’s football whilst with their adoptive club .

Of course it is, but you'd still hope for him to be more consistent at a level he's now played 35 games + at. He's no longer new to the level. Like I said previously, hopefully he can turn it around! 

11 minutes ago, Garycpos said:

Another Goal !! & Assist for Jonny Smith in the 5-0 win against Newport today....?

11 Goals now, Club Top Scorer & 7 Assists ..... for a Winger !!! ..... ?

He needs a real chance to play here. If it were up to me he’d have stayed here this season and COD would not have gotten a new deal. Seems like JS has embraced being the main man and I think that shows good maturity and drive. 

Archived