IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Sam Pearson real top talent in the academy gone on loan to Bath City.

Real interested to see how he gets on there. Bit surprised he hasn’t been on the bench once or twice last season and start of this. I know he is highly rated and seems to be on the scoresheet quite often for the u18 &23s. 

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Vyner played centre back today for Aberdeen. They conceded 5 against Rangers. He gave away pen, and looked a bit dodgy on highlights. 

To be fair he hasn't played there since 2017/18 season at Plymouth.

I thought he played a couple of games for Rotherham at centre half? Seem to remember their fans saying he looked far better there.

On 28/09/2019 at 19:59, JonDolman said:

Vyner played centre back today for Aberdeen. They conceded 5 against Rangers. He gave away pen, and looked a bit dodgy on highlights. 

To be fair he hasn't played there since 2017/18 season at Plymouth.

Shan’t be going to his barber then ?

On 29/09/2019 at 12:09, JoeAman08 said:

Go read the comments about Vyner in their matchday thread. Yikes. Seems a bad environment there at the moment

I feel really sorry for him.  Everything indicated pre-season that he’d have a part to play this season, and then he gets sent out on loan with little or no warning less than a week before the season starts.  I’m not even sure how much Aberdeen wanted him, but suspect that McInnes/Doherty did us a favour once it was decided he’d go on loan.  Football is so much about confidence and players like Morrell, Vyner and O’Leary can only deliver their promise if given a run in the first team.  Otherwise what’s the point in having an academy?

14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I feel really sorry for him.  Everything indicated pre-season that he’d have a part to play this season, and then he gets sent out on loan with little or no warning less than a week before the season starts.  I’m not even sure how much Aberdeen wanted him, but suspect that McInnes/Doherty did us a favour once it was decided he’d go on loan.  Football is so much about confidence and players like Morrell, Vyner and O’Leary can only deliver their promise if given a run in the first team.  Otherwise what’s the point in having an academy?

It’s a process that only the best will profit from, like Taylor Moore. I think Max will still have a career here too, goalkeepers develop much later. I think going to Aberdeen might prove a mistake for Zak, It’s a comparatively small City with one team, with fans desperate to rival the Old Firm, a real goldfish bowl.

17 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Be a big summer for all of then next time around.

With Taylor Moore kicking on and Kalas still being around it is hard to see Vyner getting a game here. Though we could lose Wright and that is a natural replacement and could sell Hunt just to get a fee back for him with him having 12 months left after this season. 

O’Leary I am confident will be fighting Bentley for that spot next summer. Expect Maenpaa to go so two good young keepers. Big job for Max to take that spot but anything can happen. 

Morrell also in a tough spot because I am not sure he really fits in to 4231. If we play 532 then maybe. Similar to Brownhill but Brownhill probably the better athlete and has better size. Morrell can compete with him from a footballing standpoint though. 

It is tough for the young players but looks like it was between Moore and Vyner for that last spot and can’t say LJ got that wrong. Sometimes bad loans can make a player work harder especially if he feels he was good enough for our first team. On the other hand it could mean he loses confidence and doesn’t push past L1/L2 level. 

If worst case though, I am sure we can get decent fees and sell ons for the likes of Morrell and Vyner. While we want more from academy to first team, this is the more likely route for many. 

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Morrell also in a tough spot because I am not sure he really fits in to 4231. If we play 532 then maybe. Similar to Brownhill but Brownhill probably the better athlete and has better size. Morrell can compete with him from a footballing standpoint though. 

If HNM moves on, or Nagy for that matter, I can see JM slotting in as replacement, providing he continues to progress.

Archived