IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

Got to say, I did wonder why we were keeping hold of JoJo, until last season when I saw him in the practice net when he was sub, and also a couple of other times when he was out there during warm-ups.  He has come on a helluva lot and I think he has a chance in the pro game.

Pato warmed the bench.

Vyner came on as sub in the 119th minute in a 2-1 win v Dundee.

Pring played 90 and got a yellow in a 1-0 defeat away at Crewe.  Holden not in 18.

Morrell played another 90 in a 4-0 home win v Southend.

Morton (FGR) unused sub in 1-0 win v Grimsby.  

Nurse ditto for Newport v Plymouth.

Cundy not in 18 for Exeter.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Pato warmed the bench.

Vyner came on as sub in the 119th minute in a 2-1 win v Dundee.

Pring played 90 and got a yellow in a 1-0 defeat away at Crewe.  Holden not in 18.

Morrell played another 90 in a 4-0 home win v Southend.

Morton (FGR) unused sub in 1-0 win v Grimsby.  

Nurse ditto for Newport v Plymouth.

Cundy not in 18 for Exeter.

Regarding Crewe (and I know he`s not one of our loans) but did you see your old mate Dave Richards getting mobbed by his teammates the other night when they did Boro on pens?

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Regarding Crewe (and I know he`s not one of our loans) but did you see your old mate Dave Richards getting mobbed by his teammates the other night when they did Boro on pens?

No I missed it.  Always had a soft spot for Trigger having watched him from the Atyeo disabled section right behind the practice net in 14/15.

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He had written instructions on his water bottle, there were photos on Twitter, about which way to dive during the penalty shoot out...and he followed them. Last year his manager who seems a right burke,  really slated him for not following instructions on a similar bottle in a shoot out, he had gone with his instinct and got it wrong.

We had sent a couple of our youngsters up to Crewe during preseason, can’t remember who, but the manager sent them back saying they were no better than what he had and he didn’t want to keep his youngsters out of the team. Their fans weren’t happy saying if a Championship club were lending you players, even young ones, that you should take them. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

He had written instructions on his water bottle, there were photos on Twitter, about which way to dive during the penalty shoot out...and he followed them. Last year his manager who seems a right burke,  really slated him for not following instructions on a similar bottle in a shoot out, he had gone with his instinct and got it wrong.

We had sent a couple of our youngsters up to Crewe during preseason, can’t remember who, but the manager sent them back saying they were no better than what he had and he didn’t want to keep his youngsters out of the team. Their fans weren’t happy saying if a Championship club were lending you players, even young ones, that you should take them. 

I was going to ask if Dario Gradi was involved in that decision, but I see that it appears he is still suspended by the F.A. because of his involvement in the Barry Bennall case. Does anyone know if that is right?

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was going to ask if Dario Gradi was involved in that decision, but I see that it appears he is still suspended by the F.A. because of his involvement in the Barry Bennall case. Does anyone know if that is right?

I don’t know what the situation is with that. David Artell is the Manager now, former player. Not sure if Dario Gradi was involved much before the Barry Bennall stuff anyway, he must be well into his 70’s if not older now?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don’t know what the situation is with that. David Artell is the Manager now, former player. Not sure if Dario Gradi was involved much before the Barry Bennall stuff anyway, he must be well into his 70’s if not older now?

He's still listed as DoF and in charge of the academy, but it also says he was looking to appeal against his suspension on Feb 2017, but nothing after that I can see. 

Thread on the Shrewsbury forum about O'Leary. 

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99498/oleary

I thought O'Leary was immense tonight. At least three quality saves a couple of decent punches and his handling and distribution was impeccable. Only low point was a misjudged ball that never rolled out when he expected it to but he recovered well. Early days of course but he looks very assured and has a real touch of Henderson about him.

Evening all,

I happened to be at MK Dons with friends watching the match against Lincoln on Tuesday night. It was fun to have a trip down the Kieran Agard Memory Lane. He provided the cross for the MK goal early on but still seemed not to strike the ball properly most of the time, just as I remember from the times I saw him for us. I actually spent a good proportion of the match watching out for Joe Morrell... I thought he played really well, he was often the deepest lying midfielder, coming back to receive the ball from the defenders and moving it forward. He generally kept it going quickly and I don't think I can really remember giving it away. Often the passes were relatively simple, but there were some long balls forward and across the field and they found their target too. He didn't do too badly in the physical challenges - it was quite quick possession football in the first half, but MK went a bit more direct in the second half - and won a good share even though one of the MK Dons midfielders he was up against was absolutely massive. He did venture further forward, especially towards the end when Lincoln were chasing an equaliser (which they never got, but did deserve) and I hoping he could find a killer ball, which never happened, but he did generally find a teammate at least. Overall I thought he played really well and kept Lincoln ticking over and playing good football, especially at League 1 level, and was always trying to be positive rather than just tapping it around for the sake of it. He might not be a revelation if he had to suddenly be parachuted into our side, but I wouldn't be filled with dread if I saw his name on the teamsheet either. It looks like this will be a brilliant loan move for him with the way Lincoln play and he'll be much the better for the experience.

I was interested to see Pring was dropped in Walsall's 3-0 defeat to Plymouth

Clarke said the below on their OS

One of which saw Callum Cotterill-Mollett come in for Cameron Pring and Clarke explained the change. 

“Pringy’s had a massive overload in the last two games, we’ve got to be careful after our wing backs, making sure the overloads don’t go to hamstring injuries.”

The Saddlers boss admits there’s plenty of room for improvement but feels his side deserve to be on more points than they are. 

“It’s a long season, we’re only five games in to the league campaign, we know we’ve got a lot of improvement ahead of us,” he commented. 

While it's a sensible approach, it's pleasing to see managers who are effectively caring for our players, looking out for them when he could just be sending him out game after game.

Also suggests his fitness is as important to them as the first couple of results suggest.

3-0 was their heaviest of 3 defeats (league & cup), I think he's played as a wing back in a 3-5-2 - a couple of Walsall fans I know have remarked on his hard work. You'd expect them to play some more expansive football going forward (given that they've scored 2 goals in 5 games)

Archived