IGNORED

Loan Watch 2019/20 season

Carey 6

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Wollacott having a good game by the sounds of the FGR twitter feed! 

6 shots on target all saved, Morton had a shot saved right at the death, penalties looming, Come on Jo.

Well he saved 1but FGR missed all theirs, Morton missed the 2nd pen.

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

BBC Report

The Premier League side had created a number of chances in normal time but Forest Green goalkeeper Joe Wollacott produced a number of fine saves.

He’s just had a huge amount of praise on the Quest coverage of tonight’s ties.

5 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

BBC Report

The Premier League side had created a number of chances in normal time but Forest Green goalkeeper Joe Wollacott produced a number of fine saves.

The FGR fans seem to rate him. Some comments from their forum:

Once again Wollacott was superb in goal.

an amazing g/k-ing performance from Wollacott.

Wollacott had a blinder.

Thought Wollacott was brilliant tonight.
    Jojo was outstanding.

Please please please can we try and sign Wollacott permanently? Another absolute stormer so far tonight

4 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

I think most clubs that can afford it will want 3 top goalkeepers. If we can have 2 of those as home grown talent, that will be great work.

However, we know that Bournemouth are interested in our youth set up and last nights performance will have brought Jo to the foreground. We need to have him tied down on a good contract.

10 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

BBC Report

5 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 08.37.45.png

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think most clubs that can afford it will want 3 top goalkeepers. If we can have 2 of those as home grown talent, that will be great work.

However, we know that Bournemouth are interested in our youth set up and last nights performance will have brought Jo to the foreground. We need to have him tied down on a good contract.

Do we?

By all accounts it was Kelly's performance's with the national youth teams that got attention.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Do we?

By all accounts it was Kelly's performance's with the national youth teams that got attention.

True, but I would doubt that was their only view of him and you would think it would peak their interest in who else we might have in our set up.

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

We don’t as it stands.  His contract was due to expire this summer but we exercised the option, so contracted until summer 2020.

Would imagine he’ll be signing a new deal as soon as we can sit down with him.

He’s one that until last season I wondered whether he was worth his contract but over last season I saw him in warm-ups with David Coles when he was either sub or just getting practice....and he really started to impress me.

58 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Anyone actually watch the Lincoln game? How did Morrell look?

Feisty, to put it mildly. Spoken to by the ref on more than one occasion about a running battle with Schneiderlin and must have been close to a yellow card, which is probably why he got subbed eventually. Confident and not fazed at all by facing PL opposition. Didn’t do a huge amount with the ball as Lincoln were out of possession for much of the game, but Joe was aggressive and assertive and gave a good account of himself. Has begun very well there and if he continues in that vein he will have a good season and come back a better player for it, much as Moore has from Southend, especially as in Joe’s case he will also have the added experience and confidence boost  of being called up to the Wales squad (where he might be rubbing shoulders with Ashley Williams, who of course is currently a City player himself). All good, as far as I can see.

2 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Woolacott straight red foul play 28 minutes

Also gifted Newport their first goal....had the ball taken from his feet as he was slow to play it out ...gift goal then the red card. Hero in the week - villain today. The ups & downs of a goalkeeper.

Pato - 14 mins in 0-3 reverse at Brentford

O’Leary - ditto scoreline at Ipswich

Morrell - 90 mins as The Imps return to winning ways 2-0 at home to Fleetwood

Pring - 90 mins and a yellow in a 3-1 defeat at home to Grimsby

Morton - unused sub in the game above 

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pato - 14 mins in 0-3 reverse at Brentford

O’Leary - ditto scoreline at Ipswich

Morrell - 90 mins as The Imps return to winning ways 2-0 at home to Fleetwood

Pring - 90 mins and a yellow in a 3-1 defeat at home to Grimsby

Morton - unused sub in the game above 

Holden had a very good game for Walsall by all accounts.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Surely has to be a move for one of Bakinson/Walsh. 

Adelakun really needs minutes, hopefully we can secure him a move also. 

Bakinson needs to go out and get games to bring him on. He is not ready at this level yet as evidenced by pre-season and, reportedly, yesterday's u23 game against Leeds. Walsh is far more ready and I think will be kept around along with Watkins. Again, both reportedly did well against Leeds u23s. Adelukan also needs to go out. 

On 02/09/2019 at 17:18, Roger Red Hat said:

Both Bakinson and Adelakun look to me that they haven't got the required self motivation to make it, particularly at our level.

I don’t know a lot about Bakinson but your spot on about Adelukan. Never known a footballer so laid back. He’s almost sleep-walking . 

Archived