IGNORED

Mark Ashton - Proven 9 is vital before transfer window shuts

Jasper Testimitanu

When asked, are City going to sign a proven goal scorer?

"We are trying. They are like gold dust. We have got a couple of irons in the fire and we are down the line on a couple of players but until it is done anything can happen."

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I doubt he`d say that if something wasn`t already done.

Yeah I was going to say this. If he says it's "vital" then something will happen, or he looks an utter fool. And even the people who can't stand him don't think he's that.

26 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Yeah I was going to say this. If he says it's "vital" then something will happen, or he looks an utter fool. And even the people who can't stand him don't think he's that.

Yeah, I agree. He’s a lot of things but he’s not stupid.

5 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Some reports on twitter that we are in for Jordan Rhodes. 

Im Going to get shot down for this as i know he hasnt done much since leaving blackburn , but i believe the blokes decent and given a run of games and some confidance could be a top quality striker once again ...think hes a pure confidence player and needs feel loved.

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Im Going to get shot down for this as i know he hasnt done much since leaving blackburn , but i believe the blokes decent and given a run of games and some confidance could be a top quality striker once again ...think hes a pure confidence player and needs feel loved.

From what the head of recruitment at Norwich (Stuart Webber) said, Rhodes was as important off the pitch as on it last season.

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I wonder if Famara is happy to hear the CEO remark that “It is vital we have a proven 9 in before the transfer window closes”?

Probably not. But he too knows we need more up front. It's up to him to raise his game again. 

46 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think the first one will be Keifer Moore.

If it's within the next 24 hours it will be Keifer Sutherland. 

9 hours ago, bengalcub said:

He’s a striker and he needs to score goals. If he’s lost his mojo then we don’t want him at City. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Read that article you posted @Davefevs he was glowing in his praise.

The only reason he is not coming back is £ if I recall correctly 

Must have been great in the dressing room?

His scoring record in recent years doesn't fill me with huge confidence tbh. He's also 29 so can surely only regress a bit from here? Not a certainty but more often than not with strikers IMO.

Archived