IGNORED

QPR - Cup

reformed_red

8 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

That was at Loftus Road. they're at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium now but the views are just as bad.

Failed - got restricted view, but should get unrestricted access to the toilets with a reduced crowd.

9 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

There's about 400 tickets left. How can they have sold you a restricted view? It's the last resort. Or is this humour?

Basically every seat is a restricted view as you can't quite see the goal line without leaning forward.

It's a rubbish ground.

1 minute ago, S.B. said:

Basically every seat is a restricted view as you can't quite see the goal line without leaning forward.

It's a rubbish ground.

That's not entirely true. It is sh1t, yes, up top being worse than below, ironically. I've been there loads of times and you could not see the goal line upstairs before they moved it forward a few years ago. You still can't in some seats. Why they put folk upstairs I'll never know.

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

That's not entirely true. It is sh1t, yes, up top being worse than below, ironically. I've been there loads of times and you could not see the goal line upstairs before they moved it forward a few years ago. You still can't in some seats. Why they put folk upstairs I'll never know.

Yeah you're probably right. 

I've always struggled to be able to see the goal line, but I'm only 5ft2.

Just a bit of an awkward view.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

There's about 400 tickets left. How can they have sold you a restricted view? It's the last resort. Or is this humour?

Humour, but all good comedy based on truth. As S.B. observed it ain't good anywhere. I'm in row N which must be the back. Might be able to stand, unless their enforcing the H&S crackdown.

43 minutes ago, miser said:

Humour, but all good comedy based on truth. As S.B. observed it ain't good anywhere. I'm in row N which must be the back. Might be able to stand, unless their enforcing the H&S crackdown.

I’m in row B which I assume is decent enough - but surely unreserved rules will prevail? 

3 hours ago, S.B. said:

It's a rubbish ground.

I have been there twice and not ever intending to go there again, horrible ground. Once with City and once for the Game for Grenfell charity game. I sat right besides the Directors box for the Grenfell game and can confirm they suffer the same cramped conditions as the rest of us?

13 hours ago, LondonRobin said:

What pubs people drinking in before the game?

Not sure - making my way over from Central London after work, hoping to find a few fellow reds in a boozer near(ish) the ground. From memory away fans at Loftus Road tend to head for the Shepherds Bush area..??

16 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

I recall a game in the early 00's (maybe 2003). We lost 1-0 to a Kevin Gallen penalty, the only part of the penalty I could see was the run up. 

Luckily I was in the bottom tier to witness that pretty special Maynard goal and that last gasp Caulker equaliser.

19 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Probably going Brewdog for some grub, and then Sindercombe. Cheers for the no colours advice.

Take out the silent ‘ n ‘ and you get Sidercombe . Surely a sign ? 

17 minutes ago, InCyder said:

I recall a game in the early 00's (maybe 2003). We lost 1-0 to a Kevin Gallen penalty, the only part of the penalty I could see was the run up. 

Luckily I was in the bottom tier to witness that pretty special Maynard goal and that last gasp Caulker equaliser.

Aaah , the run up was a thing of beauty mind .

21 hours ago, Brann-red said:

Has anyone brought tickets today and got the email confirmation for them ? I’ve not received it . Tried calling supporter services but had to give up after 12 attempts and ave queuing of 10 mins !! 

Any help appreciated 

I bought a ticket this morning about 11, received the email confirmation not long after. If you've paid on your card, I guess that's all they'll need. 

Archived