IGNORED

Footy Zen

mozo

Footy Zen  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My wife knows the result of City games without asking me. It's just obvious. I'm either buzzing like a bee on crack or I've got that 'don't speak to me' look.

Have I invested too much in this? Is it just a game, or as your man said, is it bigger than life or death. Am I too Keegan and not enough Sven?

This season I'm going to try to be more zen about it. Not sure I'll manage it.

How much does our results affect you? Are you relaxed at games or is it time for a few of us to have therapy...

Depends on the game. Some recent games which HURT for (at least) a week or two are:

Bristol City 1-1 Charlton, 2015/16

Bristol City 2-3 Reading, 2016/17

Derby 3-3 Bristol City 2016/17

and the worst one,

Bristol City 1-2 Wolves 17/18

2 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Have you seen Golden Gordon, one of Michael Palin’s Ripping Yarns? Brilliant TV

Barnestoneworth United!!! Now he took defeat in the right manner!!

Yes, I think I have, but I’ll look it out again! Thanks for reminding me

11 hours ago, TammyAB said:

Depends on the game. Some recent games which HURT for (at least) a week or two are:

Bristol City 1-1 Charlton, 2015/16

Bristol City 2-3 Reading, 2016/17

Derby 3-3 Bristol City 2016/17

and the worst one,

Bristol City 1-2 Wolves 17/18

It's a list that brings back all the wrong emotions but what about Derby and most importantly Wigan last season? - perhaps Sunderland the season before and that Hull match from a while before?

11 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

If anyone chooses 3 or 4 you’d have to wonder what they are doing wasting time on here

I know what you mean CC87 and if this was a forum run by the BBC they would have to get someone to oppose you. That's me then! 

I have been for most of my 'City career' in the second camp. Now, I'll still get frustrated immediately after the final whistle if we lose but it is only for a few minutes. I suppose that this is mainly due to me having different responsibilities now. There are more important things to worry about such as looking after my wife. This is when you realise it's only a game. It'll happen to you one day (hopefully not through illness)! However, the joy from winning won't diminish. The joy of reading we had signed Matty Taylor by triggering his release clause hasn't left me either.

Wasting time on this forum? I suppose the answer is Yes. However, what a forum and what a place to waste time. It's my chill out zone, my coffee break, tea break, lunch break, dinner break and late night bedtime reading. I'm sure I could use my time to find a cure for all my wife's illnesses or become an activist but until then, I'll waste my time on OTIB!

Archived