IGNORED

Centre back pairing

Eddie Notgetinya

If he's fit. Baker. Otherwise get someone in. Tbh I think we have too many players on the books and need to ship a few out, especially if Palmer has agreed personal terms.

I reckon we'd need to ship out Watkins, O'Dowda, Adelakun, Maybe Taylor; loan out Moore, maybe Hinds and one or two other fringe players like Janneh, then get in a Striker, and a Left Back, both possibly on loan, and I'd be pretty content.

21 minutes ago, Fuber said:

If he's fit. Baker. Otherwise get someone in. Tbh I think we have too many players on the books and need to ship a few out, especially if Palmer has agreed personal terms.

I reckon we'd need to ship out Watkins, O'Dowda, Adelakun, Maybe Taylor; loan out Moore, maybe Hinds and one or two other fringe players like Janneh, then get in a Striker, and a Left Back, both possibly on loan, and I'd be pretty content.

But getting shot of Webster I think would be a huge mistake....we’ll see

6 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Yep. Sold Flint, we thought at the time it was a mistake.

Time to see if the scouting team and Ashton can prove us wrong again. Wonder whether we may look abroad with the whole Cisse setup etc. 

43 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I'd be happy to start with Baker.

Trouble is he'd only last about 30 mins then be injured for a month. 

Wright can't play the left side. So we need a replacement.

Agree with this. Wright should be the cover for Kalas on the right side, rather than shoe horning him into left side or right back where he is less comfortable. So Baker would become first choice on left side. Not sure if Moore prefers right or left?

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

I don’t if the rumors are true and it seems they have foundation that a deal is close that is going to triple or more the blokes wages, he will not want to stay. Its him getting shot of us not vice-versa at this point!

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t if the rumors are true and it seems they have foundation that a deal is close that is going to triple or more the blokes wages, he will not want to stay. Its him getting shot of us not vice-versa at this point!

Already gone according to @Westcountry Robins don’t you know

Just waiting the finer details

I think Wright played most of his games for PNE on the left ?

I would prefer him to Baker purely because he's reliable, won't go off if he gets a little knock.

Doesn't look as if Vyner or Moore are going out on loan so we're a bit top heavy at CB, surely one or two must be on the way out ?

Either way, I don't see an urgent need to draft in a CB.

We might even play 3 centre backs with Hunt & DaSilva as wing backs.

Who plays in front of them and in what formation depends on who we bring in and who leaves in the next couple of days.

If we have to play with what we have, I would play a 5131 formation with Weimann furthest forward, but LJ won't drop Diedhiou even though he doesn't do what he's being paid for.

Baker's great when he is dominating his opponent in a confident back-two, but can go down cheaply and unconvincingly when he is out-thought, out-manouvered or out-muscled by a better player and then he feigns injury. Just saying what i've seen so far! It's so frustrating.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I think Wright played most of his games for PNE on the left ?

I would prefer him to Baker purely because he's reliable, won't go off if he gets a little knock.

Doesn't look as if Vyner or Moore are going out on loan so we're a bit top heavy at CB, surely one or two must be on the way out ?

Either way, I don't see an urgent need to draft in a CB.

I think @pnefcok will attest to Wright’s struggle on his left side.  I can certainly say that he is a shadow of himself when playing Left CB.  Any team worth it’s salt would see Wright lining up there and target him, either by letting him have it on his left foot, or as soon as he shapes back onto his right, press him hard.

He is a fine tight marker and decent in the air, but he just isn't anywhere near the player he when given limited chances to play RCB, or central in a 3.

4 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Assuming Webster leaves would we be happy with Kalas and Baker or Kalas and Wright or do we need something more???

If the intent is for Bristol City to build from the back and push full backs forward … A lot more. 

8 hours ago, Lucan said:

Baker is very capable 

...of running slowly, going off injured, misplacing a pass, doing 2 footed challenges and making terrible mistakes that lead to goals. Very capable indeed!

Since December 2017 he has been very poor imo. The odd game he is ok, sure. But then Wright is ok nearly every game at centre back, in a basic no nonsense kind of way.

Baker being slow and pretty poor on the ball, like Wright, the least we expect from him is to be solid. And he no longer is. He's been at fault too many times for too long.

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thats a bold statement. On what do you base it?

That we signed him loaned him to a few league clubs steadily moving up and now should be ready for first team football,

you know the same way we developed Bryan and Reid 

Archived