IGNORED

Bristol City/Sport Leisurewear

Pickle Rick

Hello all. Anyone purchased the grey cotton zip hoodie or seen it at the shop? 

Wandering if they’re ‘true to size’ and good quality. Are they thick and bulky, or more like running jackets?

Any help would be ideal. I don’t have time to go to the shop so will do an online order if they’re supposed to be decent.

This is the jacket:

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/bcfcleisurewear/bcfc-adult-leisure/jumpers-jackets/1202_bcfc-1920-lei-light-grey-cotton-zip-hood-adt.html

Looked at one in the shop after the Palace game.

Sorry to say it felt devoid of any quality whatsoever and massively overpriced.

You'll get a better quality top from Sports Direct for about 40 quid less.

That said, if you like it, go for it.

(Can't comment on the size however).

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I did doubt it’ll be something like the chunky knits Superdry do. Was partly hoping it would be decent as they look nice. Perhaps it’s best to look at it in store first. No hurry as such.

I would certainly suggest examining it before you buy it.

It isn't a bad looking top, but (in my view) it's twenty quid too expensive.

1 hour ago, just like watching brazil said:

£35 for a polo can get a shirt for 10 pound more 

22 minutes ago, Slacker said:

£30 for a t shirt?Bit rich for my blood I am afraid.What must the mark up be on those?

I honestly don’t understand why people feel the need to comment on the perceived value of something that they aren’t going to buy...! 

It’s there, on display. Clearly price marked. You either want it, at that price, or you don’t. 

FWIW - I don’t think the t-shirts are good value, but the polo shirts look smart and £35 for a “branded” polo is hardly extortionate. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I honestly don’t understand why people feel the need to comment on the perceived value of something that they aren’t going to buy...! 

It’s there, on display. Clearly price marked. You either want it, at that price, or you don’t. 

FWIW - I don’t think the t-shirts are good value, but the polo shirts look smart and £35 for a “branded” polo is hardly extortionate. 

Because as a City supporter I like to wear club t shirts and other items and I feel that the pricing is disappointingly excessive and which in turn will prevent myself and probably many others from buying them,much as they would like to do so.I commented because I believe the pricing structure will put things out of reach to many loyal supporters,particularly the less well off and those that take their kids.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe , just maybe , they are commenting because they would have bought items if they weren’t overpriced or would like to , but not at that price

You’ defend the club whatever they do and every time anyone questions anything

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually, the polo shirt isn’t bad.

Add the season ticket/member credit and discount and it’s a bargain! That’s assuming it’s not Tiago Mills type quality.

22 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Actually, the polo shirt isn’t bad.

Add the season ticket/member credit and discount and it’s a bargain! That’s assuming it’s not Tiago Mills type quality.

went in the shop yesterday to buy and the quality is terrible, like a piece of rag, and yes only the six items available. i left empty handed!

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

went in the shop yesterday to buy and the quality is terrible, like a piece of rag, and yes only the six items available. i left empty handed!

I did the same...sad to say that the polo shirt felt exactly like a piece of rag. And there really are very few lines. By contrast the rugby stuff is excellent - far wider range and some great jackets, hopefully some of that is in the pipeline.

Speaking personally, I wouldn’t mind paying the prices if the t’s and polo’s had a slim/fitted option (not muscle tight fit, just something with some shape), and be of good quality, but they aren’t and at that price point they really should be.

This new polo shirt is now the perfect example of something that can be worn without it looking too ‘football’. Something to wear day to day without any obvious football connotations but still subtle enough to show your support for the club. Think Fred Perry, think Ralph Lauren, £50-60, that’s where this polo should be competing.

They could have done the same with the T’s, just subtle logos/detail, not just a big screen printed badge on the front of a generic t.

I could forgive it in the first few seasons of BS whilst they were finding their feet, but they’ve not evolved/developed, and for what should have been an epic rebrand year on top of the supposed freedom to make things without constraints of a big brand manufacturers, the offerings are very poor indeed. Very poor and VERY expensive for what the items actually are. A few seasons ago they even stopped selling the slim/pro fit replica shirts much to my dismay.   

As an exile I’d happily have a some T’s, a couple of Polos, and also a replica shirt for lounging in, an easily £200-300 for the club. But none of it fits me (unless I like wearing shapeless tents) and as a result my money stays in my pocket instead.

I can’t be the only one thinking this... ?

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I did the same...sad to say that the polo shirt felt exactly like a piece of rag. And there really are very few lines. By contrast the rugby stuff is excellent - far wider range and some great jackets, hopefully some of that is in the pipeline.

That sounds disappointing. I was going to buy one, but will wait now and ‘feel the quality’ myself.

So, the Club’s ‘buyer’ has made a conscious decision to put a badge on a cheapo base t shirt that cost £2:50 to buy rather than something with a bit of quality at cost price £5. Just to make an additional £2:50 profit. Assume they did a units sold vs total profit calculation. 

8 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Speaking personally, I wouldn’t mind paying the prices if the t’s and polo’s had a slim/fitted option (not muscle tight fit, just something with some shape), and be of good quality, but they aren’t and at that price point they really should be.

This new polo shirt is now the perfect example of something that can be worn without it looking too ‘football’. Something to wear day to day without any obvious football connotations but still subtle enough to show your support for the club. Think Fred Perry, think Ralph Lauren, £50-60, that’s where this polo should be competing.

They could have done the same with the T’s, just subtle logos/detail, not just a big screen printed badge on the front of a generic t.

I could forgive it in the first few seasons of BS whilst they were finding their feet, but they’ve not evolved/developed, and for what should have been an epic rebrand year on top of the supposed freedom to make things without constraints of a big brand manufacturers, the offerings are very poor indeed. Very poor and VERY expensive for what the items actually are. A few seasons ago they even stopped selling the slim/pro fit replica shirts much to my dismay.   

As an exile I’d happily have a some T’s, a couple of Polos, and also a replica shirt for lounging in, an easily £200-300 for the club. But none of it fits me (unless I like wearing shapeless tents) and as a result my money stays in my pocket instead.

I can’t be the only one thinking this... ?

Not at all I completely agree. Its naff looking stuff and not fitted at all.

I think people see through the stick plastic logo on the front of a fruit of the loom t shirt level of merchandise these days. 

Designer clothes prices at Primark quality. 

5 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not at all I completely agree. Its naff looking stuff and not fitted at all.

I think people see through the stick plastic logo on the front of a fruit of the loom t shirt level of merchandise these days. 

Designer clothes prices at Primark quality. 

Spot on

They could have done a fortune , I’d suggest simply in t-shirts alone

Decent quality T , Red , Black , Purple , White 

EMBROIDERED new Robins logo , possibly a couple of options with the logo on chest or sleeve

Sensible pricing

They would shift by the hundred 

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Spot on

EMBROIDERED new Robins logo , possibly a couple of options with the logo on chest or sleeve

Sensible pricing

Good comment mate 

how many lads do you see on your travels that had some spot on clothing 

I remember a Colchester fan had some right tidy polo tops 

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Spot on

Sensible pricing

Exactly.

First thought I had when I saw the polo shirt in the shop was, 'I'll bet when they sourced these, they didn't wash them half a dozen times to see if they keep what little shape they have'.

A quick look on Alibaba.com gives you an idea of how much cheap polo shirts can be landed for.

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

Good comment mate 

how many lads do you see on your travels that had some spot on clothing 

I remember a Colchester fan had some right tidy polo tops 

I paid for a couple of WC trips by dipping into designing / having made / selling England Ts and polos 

I’m no expert , but it was so easy to get right

Whoever runs the clothing merchandise is clueless IMHO

They could do a lot worse than consult someone  like @Olé Who As I understand is engaged in clothing , and is a well versed football fan , and will be right up to speed with modern trends and wishes for the younger fan base

Archived