IGNORED

Bristol City/Sport Leisurewear

Pickle Rick

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

In fact, just having a look at Alibaba, a more industrious City fan could probably produced some nicely embroidered gear for next to nothing, punt them out for a tenner and still be quids in.

I’m almost tempted myself Rob

There is an embroiderer a 20 min drive from AG who is excellent

Brilliantly Reliable , excellent quality ,

Can even supply the clothing to embroidery at whatever quality required 

The problem comes with copyright

You wouldn’t be able to use the name or logo 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

In fact, just having a look at Alibaba, a more industrious City fan could probably produced some nicely embroidered gear for next to nothing, punt them out for a tenner and still be quids in.

In fact, there seems to be nothing you can't get!

Branded mobile phone power packs, beach towels, umbrellas, fleece jackets... never ending the shite they can sell in bulk.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I have (unsurprisingly) no experience of importing goods from China, but it appears loads of these places offer a complete service, including embroidery.

Sure there would be enough talent on these pages to find some suitable designs.

(And if you do go down this route, can I have a white, XXXL polo shirt with an embroidered 'Clifton Suspension Bridge' on the back of it, across the shoulders. Cheers!). ?

That would probably shift.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe , just maybe , they are commenting because they would have bought items if they weren’t overpriced or would like to , but not at that price

You’ defend the club whatever they do and every time anyone questions anything

That’s only because I don’t think that £35 for a branded polo shirt is particularly over priced - however, IF as a couple of people are now saying, the quality is poor, then that’s not good and there’s no real excuse for that. 

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I have (unsurprisingly) no experience of importing goods from China, but it appears loads of these places offer a complete service, including embroidery.

Sure there would be enough talent on these pages to find some suitable designs.

(And if you do go down this route, can I have a white, XXXL polo shirt with an embroidered 'Clifton Suspension Bridge' on the back of it, across the shoulders. Cheers!). ?

That would probably shift.

I’m amazed that somebody doesn’t Rob

if I was younger or could do with the money I would do it , without hesitation

20 years ago I started with £250 and an idea 

I paid for the first embroidery set up and my first set of t shirts , basically to and thro mates

I quickly recouped my outlay and profit which I used to buy more shirts and expanded to polos and a few sweatshirts etc

In 3 months with no design , retail or any other sort of knowledge, and selling only to and through mates -  I’d increased my initial investment ten fold 

my only ‘risk’ at anytime was the initial £250 if I never sold a shirt

As I said the biggest thing was copyright but as you say there are all sorts of designs that could succeed

Amazed someone doesn’t grasp the opportunity as a sideline

More importantly the Club , with the copyrights , the captive audience , a retail store and online outlet could and should be absolutely smashing this , especially with the rebrand , 

They even have a large base of potential customers who will pay a little above  because of their bond with the club

Sadly , it appears , despite a long planned rebrand the retail side is not prepared  

me and a mate popped in the shop after the training session tbh it was awful clobber baggy  realy badly produced  sean up the lions makes better tops and and a tenner a pop so bristol city get your head out the sand young lads want to to wear decent tees not carbage rant over

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m amazed that somebody doesn’t Rob

if I was younger or could do with the money I would do it , without hesitation

20 years ago I started with £250 and an idea 

I paid for the first embroidery set up and my first set of t shirts , basically to and thro mates

I quickly recouped my outlay and profit which I used to buy more shirts and expanded to polos and a few sweatshirts etc

In 3 months with no design , retail or any other sort of knowledge, and selling only to and through mates -  I’d increased my initial investment ten fold 

my only ‘risk’ at anytime was the initial £250 if I never sold a shirt

As I said the biggest thing was copyright but as you say there are all sorts of designs that could succeed

Amazed someone doesn’t grasp the opportunity as a sideline

Maybe it's something for the Section82 folk to get involved with? They have some sort of infrastructure in place and unless they have spent all of their crowd funded money on flags already, they could look at making and selling other items to increase their funds.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe it's something for the Section82 folk to get involved with? They have some sort of infrastructure in place and unless they have spent all of their crowd funded money on flags already, they could look at making and selling other items to increase their funds.

Have thought that 

Would be a great cause too

They would need more administration and accounting than I had to worry about of course 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I imagine a main issue would be designs and ideas, unless you have someone with ideas and someone that could do the designs you are stuffed.

How many designs can there be that cant use any form of copyright?

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

I imagine a main issue would be designs and ideas, unless you have someone with ideas and someone that could do the designs you are stuffed.

Well, anything original would be free to use!

No idea who owns the copyright on various images though - I assume that the photographer who took the iconic image of Scotty celebrating at Cardiff owns that (which would make a great tshirt image), but maybe there is a deal to be done.

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@Olé probably a good man to clarify

But it’s not difficult to work around

For example I couldn’t use the England Badge but Lions as an animal can’t be copyrighted ( A robin cant be copyrighted but City’s new logo will be)

i used the St George (Flags Cant be copyrighted) and  three lions 

The Suspension Bridge for example could be used as could s robin 

41 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Anyone remember the THESE COLOURS DONT RUN T SHIRTS  with the bull dog on the front ?

Had the euro 88 one with Bristol city and England also one from the 89/90 season

i would imagine these days they would be frowned upon.......

Certainly do !

Some ones that sound awful in modern pc society

but similar ones from 80s 90s 

‘Lock up yer Daughters’

And one which probably summed up our image in 80s , 90s

’We came , we saw , we conquered .....

Sponsored by the DHSS ‘

(You would have liked my England ones Sticks !  Simple and quality - no crass words ! )

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I honestly don’t understand why people feel the need to comment on the perceived value of something that they aren’t going to buy...! 

It’s there, on display. Clearly price marked. You either want it, at that price, or you don’t. 

FWIW - I don’t think the t-shirts are good value, but the polo shirts look smart and £35 for a “branded” polo is hardly extortionate. 

“You don’t have to buy it” is not an excuse for overpricing.

As for “branded” - it’s Bristol Sport. It doesn’t have a brand reputation for quality that justifies the price. I am a big fan of the  Bristol Sport model but my understanding was that bringing the kits in-house would save the club money. Quite clearly none of these savings are being passed onto the fans - in fact quite the opposite.

It’s disappointing and it’s entirely reasonable that people want to make the point.

• Admin
30 minutes ago, leader said:

me and a mate popped in the shop after the training session tbh it was awful clobber baggy  realy badly produced  sean up the lions makes better tops and and a tenner a pop so bristol city get your head out the sand young lads want to to wear decent tees not carbage rant over

It's where my ££ will be going again this season

• Admin
12 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

How many different items to do you need to 'relax' in your leisure wear?

I'm guessing you have a wardrobe of 20 identical tops ? :sub:

But being serious even that shower of shit up the road have a bigger and better selection than us, have a look at some of our local sides, ALL with better selections

ROVERS' LATEST ITEMS

ROVERS LEISUREWEAR

CHELTENHAM LEISUREWEAR

FOREST GREEN LEISUREWEAR

ARGYLE LEISUREWEAR

I would bet you would have to go down into non league football to find another club that has so little selection available !

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well, anything original would be free to use!

No idea who owns the copyright on various images though - I assume that the photographer who took the iconic image of Scotty celebrating at Cardiff owns that (which would make a great tshirt image), but maybe there is a deal to be done.

Surely a few polos with WE WANT CHIPS and #DMS on  would go down a treat? 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was thinking of doing something like that  not long after the club dropped the coat of arms. I had hoped to the coat of arms myself but I believe there would be big problems with copyright. If I could come up with a  City related logo I would revisit it as I can good quality t shirts, polo shirt etc etc, which are not to badly priced. I personally think the quantity and price of the club's own clothing is very poor and has been for the last couple of seasons.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Spot on

They could have done a fortune , I’d suggest simply in t-shirts alone

Decent quality T , Red , Black , Purple , White 

EMBROIDERED new Robins logo , possibly a couple of options with the logo on chest or sleeve

Sensible pricing

They would shift by the hundred 

Great comment Bob and spot on the money.

What's frightening to me is that us simple folk can spot these glaring opportunities that would make the club thousands. But the highly paid marketing department within Bristol Sport aren't seeing it at all.

13 minutes ago, CS Red said:

I was thinking of doing something like that  not long after the club dropped the coat of arms. I had hoped to the coat of arms myself but I believe there would be big problems with copyright. If I could come up with a  City related logo I would revisit it as I can good quality t shirts, polo shirt etc etc, which are not to badly priced. I personally think the quantity and price of the club's own clothing is very poor and has been for the last couple of seasons.

I’m a little behind but based on my experiences if you do , and I can help I’ll happily do so

i see my embroiderer is still operating and the owner was brilliant helping and advising , suggesting etc 

My immediate recommendation in terms of set up costs and start up , and embroidery etc would be to start with one simple clean logo , say something like the old robin and to start with one product in one or two colours

nearly my biggest error was expanding colours and products

With Polos And t shirts and 3 colours I was quickly stocking 60/70 items

Product x colour x sizes (There were about six or seven sizes alone) 

1 hour ago, leader said:

Spot on, some of T-Shirts the lions are currently selling for a tenner are lush in comparison. 

The Barmy army  now that started 3 with lads 1 of which I know well. Spoke to him in kings cross Sydney back in 1994 he had a 100 t shirts printed and reckoned if he sold them all at full price that would have paid for his flights over to ozz . Sold the lot the Barmy army was born and there still knocking out shirts today and the 3 are doing ok I would say

4 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

The Barmy army  now that started 3 with lads 1 of which I know well. Spoke to him in kings cross Sydney back in 1994 he had a 100 t shirts printed and reckoned if he sold them all at full price that would have paid for his flights over to ozz . Sold the lot the Barmy army was born and there still knocking out shirts today and the 3 are doing ok I would say

‘Cider Army’

Now there’s a possible idea for a little range 

I have no idea what their copyright situation is but I think this might be the answer for what I'm looking for - at very decent prices:

https://oldschoolfootball.co.uk/collections/championship/bristol-city

Surely this is exactly what the club should be offering with the current logo? Amidst all the self-congratulation about the logo launch you'd have thought that producing a range of quality goods featuring it in time for the summer season would have been more of a priority.

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I have no idea what their copyright situation is but I think this might be the answer for what I'm looking for - at very decent prices:

Surely this is exactly what the club should be offering with the current logo? Amidst all the self-congratulation about the logo launch you'd have thought that producing a range of quality goods featuring it in time for the summer season would have been more of a priority.

Spot on

Again , always wondered why they don’t have a replica section

Timeless , you don’t end up with out of date stock , and some of the classics like the div  one shirt would , Id suggest go a bomb if sensibly priced

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Looks great, sensible prices and I wouldn't be surprised if the quality wasn't at least on a par with the stuff in the shop at the moment.

Archived