IGNORED

Irritation about Leeds Utd comment on Sky Sports News

Lrrr

It is not Sky's fault that we have been mediocre and irrelevant in English football since about 1912, with a docile crowd rarely woken from it's slumber, and therefore have little, if any, easy angles/tropes/myths/legends for them to go to regarding us, like they can with Leeds and them going "home."

It's not Leeds' fault, either.

It is up to us to provide national media with stories and narrative and ideas and a bit of stuff and nonsense by excelling on the pitch. But having not made much of a "mark" during the first television age of football (when Leeds were busy winning things, and losing many things/finals), it is probably too late now to change media perception.  

5 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

There are 6 "big" clubs in this country now, and the rest are irrelevant fodder, wasting their/our time. Leeds very much included.

Leeds crowd can make a racket, though - as @LondonBristolian says, perhaps because, as @Loon plage says, they have a lot of (very thick) bellends - they would get in a "big" six for that, ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City.  

Clubs like Leeds and Aston Villa are football's equivalent of the National Trust, sepia tinged, thousands of visitors, raking it in at the teashop and over-priced tat-shop, their glory days well behind them now and not going to be seen again.

Your National Trust analogy is a poor one, they’re a massive club and they’re growing their fan base every year!

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/press-release/national-trust-responds-to-record-visitor-numbers-with-ambitious-plans-to-improve-visitor-experience

“Visitor numbers have grown from just 270,000 in the 1970s to an historic high of 26.6m last year. And the number of members joining the Trust has rocketed by over one million in just five years, to hit a record 5.2m, according to the charity’s annual report which was published today.”

#forzanationaltrust

On 01/08/2019 at 15:35, Loon plage said:

I personally see them all over European holiday resorts being loud mouth bellends, with a superiority complex that belies the fact they are a club that has done fuckall for many years. Marginally better than the "Geordie nation" but not by much.

Just my opinion and I will concede that they are Massive, consistent loyal following ,and loud , loud , loud , home and away, like Man U actually just minus the trophies. 

Too right vile big headed tossers

Boro fan here and just to put you all right on North east football the last thing each team won is as follows.

Mag scum 1969 fairs cup (not even a real trophy it was an invitational event)

Makum Scum 1973 fa cup (beating incidentally The mighty!!! Leeds in the final)

Boro  2005? league cup (beating Bolton in the final) we also have the last Eoro final played by

a North east club but the least said about that the better.

By the way before Revie in the mid 1960's Leeds were a very very average club nowt special at all I think ? thay have less top flight seaons than us over there entire history.

Not had time to come on here, but was on last season and probably the season before that too. Interesting discussion. We're quite a big club (potentially) but not as big as others. I think round about top 10 is probably a reasonable assessment. We do have some loud-mouthed bell-ends among our support as has been pointed out. And they embarrass me. But not all are like that. And some are OK when you get to know them, just give a bad first impression. Hope it's a good game of football today, with no red cards or serious injuries. Won't be there unfortunately, but will be watching on TV. Hope the best team on the day wins the game. Good luck for the season ahead. Will be happy if you finish 2nd behind Leeds? Just sort that daft Bristolian accent out won't yer??? 

Archived