IGNORED

Our wage structure

daored

What is our current wage structure, with the signing of Kalas and DaSilva players who’ve been at Chelsea, I’m certain they’re be on a decent salary. Add in the Palmer who now looks like signing, is our current wage structure sustainable?

Add in Baker and Weimann who I’m sure are also on a decent salary, are we in danger of a split squad? Players like Brownhill, Pack, Smith etc will surely be on a lower salary.

Just interested in others thoughts

3 hours ago, daored said:

What is our current wage structure, with the signing of Kalas and DaSilva players who’ve been at Chelsea, I’m certain they’re be on a decent salary. Add in the Palmer who now looks like signing, is our current wage structure sustainable?

Add in Baker and Weimann who I’m sure are also on a decent salary, are we in danger of a split squad? Players like Brownhill, Pack, Smith etc will surely be on a lower salary.

Just interested in others thoughts

Wouldnt surprise me is allowances are made I.e Kalas, cant see anyone else above £20kpw. Think Baker and Webster were more pay as you play which makes sense rather than a high base wage. 

Think we're using sign on fees to offset to a degree. 

6 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Wouldnt surprise me is allowances are made I.e Kalas, cant see anyone else above £20kpw. Think Baker and Webster were more pay as you play which makes sense rather than a high base wage. 

Pay as you play?

Where did you get that from?!?!?

22 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Nobody is on a pay as you play contract here.

Id imagine we have several players that are on 20 k a week plus. Kalas and Baker being two of them.

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Our average wage was around 9-10k per week. I would say it is closer to 12-14k per week when we sign Palmer.

High earners over that sum will be these with estimates.

Kalas (30k) Baker (20k) Palmer (22k) and Weimann (25k)

Not a chance in hell.

50 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Our average wage was around 9-10k per week. I would say it is closer to 12-14k per week when we sign Palmer.

High earners over that sum will be these with estimates.

Kalas (30k) Baker (20k) Palmer (22k) and Weimann (25k)

Weimann will not be on 25k nor will baker be on 20k.

3 minutes ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

We’re signing them to long contracts - a risk that other clubs won’t take - and stuffing their mouths with big signing on golden hellos I would imagine. Would explain apparent “pay cuts”. 

I would imagine some performance/appearance based add ons and wage rises/bonuses if promoted too. 

4 minutes ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

We’re signing them to long contracts - a risk that other clubs won’t take - and stuffing their mouths with big signing on golden hellos I would imagine. Would explain apparent “pay cuts”. 

If a player is on £1m per year then it’s £20k per week I would say no matter how it’s paid to him. It’s a salary. 

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

I would imagine some performance/appearance based add ons and wage rises/bonuses if promoted too. 

They are standard practise anyway. Nobody is going to take a pay cut simply because they are guaranteed a promotional pay rise

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If a player is on £1m per year then it’s £20k per week I would say no matter how it’s paid to him. It’s a salary. 

Well then you are arguing over semantics and don't need too. 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

They are standard practise anyway. Nobody is going to take a pay cut simply because they are guaranteed a promotional pay rise

It would depend on how much they were, and what team/likelihood of promotion.  

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yeah footballers are falling over themselves to take pay cuts!  

It's only you that's saying that. You've ended up creating an argument with yourself.

I said we don't pay a basic of over £20k.

I'll give you a few examples of why a player might accept a lower basic wage than what they were previously on:

- a signing on fee that tops up their basic

- the selling club may offer to make up the difference (This was done with JET and Fielding, for example)

- length of contract I.e. the total amount payable over a longer contract guarantees them move money than what they'd have got on their existing one 

You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Well then you are arguing over semantics and don't need too. 

It would depend on how much they were, and what team/likelihood of promotion.  

Just think it’s naive to think that we continue to not pay over £20k per week. Not sure if it is an inferiority complex we have as fans. Same as a lot of fans don’t seem to think that our players are good enough for the top flight as per comments on this forum in the past.

If a player signs for 3 years for a total salary of £4m then it doesn’t matter in what form they are paid.  

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's only you that's saying that. You've ended up creating an argument with yourself.

I said we don't pay a basic of over £20k.

I'll give you a few examples of why a player might accept a lower basic wage than what they were previously on:

- a signing on fee that tops up their basic

- the selling club may offer to make up the difference (This was done with JET and Fielding, for example)

- length of contract I.e. the total amount payable over a longer contract guarantees them move money than what they'd have got on their existing one 

You're welcome.

Fair enough you have sources but no need to be smug. If a player earns £4m over 3 years in a combination of signing on fees and weekly/monthly wage then it’s well over £20k per week. To say we don’t pay over £20k per week when we have players earning over £1m per year is a bit ridiculous. It’s still a salary. 

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Just think it’s naive to think that we continue to not pay over £20k per week. Not sure if it is an inferiority complex we have as fans. Same as a lot of fans don’t seem to think that our players are good enough for the top flight as per comments on this forum in the past.

If a player signs for 3 years for a total salary of £4m then it doesn’t matter in what form they are paid.  

It’s not naive it’s called safe guarding the clubs future making sure the wage bill doesn’t spiral out of control 

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It’s not naive it’s called safe guarding the clubs future making sure the wage bill doesn’t spiral out of control 

Wrongly believing that the club don’t pay over £20k isn’t safe guarding the club!  

To answer your question on ‘mega bucks’, one example I will use is that Palmer had to declare his wages at one point and it was £1.1m per year. £22k per week. 

Also, average prem salary is over £50k now

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dave's read it in the paper and is stating it as fact. 

Palmer was asked by a court of law to state his salary. I am assuming his answer was correct.  Don’t know what you are on about regarding papers. 

The average salary is not £30k any more.  

Good job you have transfer sources as without them you are struggling!

Archived