IGNORED

Park & Ride / Bus tickets : UPDATED U16s FARE AMENDED

Redwhitepurple

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

Thanks for your input , I thought an SLO being on a fans forum might be a tad helpful ? 

I think we were expecting him to take over from Matt Parsons by posting on here but as far as I know no one has approached us for an account to do so. The door is open, it’s not us that is blocking his ability to post, just the opposite.

6 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Thanks for your input , I thought an SLO being on a fans forum might be a tad helpful ? 

Read my post again. I am not telling you that he himself would be telling you to phone.

19 hours ago, Up The City! said:

So what is the £1.80 return referencing? Is that the child's price possibly? But then there is no £1.80 return option on the Mticket app.

Are you still able to use day riders on the p&r? 

They haven't communicated this at all well.

Haven’t a clue what the Club are saying to be frank. 

Did think another option to using Long Ashton P&R was to use the Bristol Day Rider ticket to get the No1 from Westbury then get the Metrobus M2 from The Centre (via a few harbourside pubs) to Ashton Gate. The Metrobus Plan now, interestingly, show directions to the stadium from the Ashton Gate stop. I thought previously they didn’t want anyone using the metrobus to get to the Gate!

Haven't a clue on the basis of what was written in the media release whether I can use the same £5 ticket on both First Bus and Metrobus.

An absolute shambles, both the timing of the release advising of a cancelled, popular service (under the headline ‘Improved Service’ FFS) and the total mixed messages it contained. No wonder no one uses public transport in Bristol. 

Currently back with the drive to  LA Park and Ride and hop off at Cumberland Basin for drinks option.

They can’t blame the new logo, IT issues for this cock up. 

Should think the Southville Mafia are lapping all this up as evidence to demonstrate how incompetent Bristol Sport are in dealing with their match day parking issues. 

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

New SLO begun on 18th July 2019.

(Give or take) About a fortnight in post but still no sign on this forum. ?

A while ago, seem to recall @AshtonPark suggesting that new SLO posting on here would not be so likely.

@RedM @kivsy

I still don’t think he will be joining, if he was going to he would have already. If he does everything via Twitter it makes his life easier, OTIB just makes it easier for people to moan at the FLO etc.

At the moment there are no active club employees who post on here, that cant be a coincidence surely.

9 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I still don’t think he will be joining, if he was going to he would have already. If he does everything via Twitter it makes his life easier, OTIB just makes it easier for people to moan at the FLO etc.

At the moment there are no active club employees who post on here, that cant be a coincidence surely.

I tend to agree about the likelihood of a sign up. Think it's disappointing from an engagement, plus a transparency and accountability POV personally- it's been a fortnight or so which is plenty of time you'd think.

Julie H is listed as a Club Official so that's the closest we have but yeah not really a club employee as such. Matt Parsons still reads on here I believe but yeah no employees ultimately.

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

image.png

Still I don't think that will be enough to tempt me back to using the service. It's a extra 60 quid a season.

At £4.50 plus free travel for my 4 year old that would kind of balance out the petrol I would use driving along the Portway, plus it cuts out the traffic. 

Paying 7 quid doesn't really balance it out. 

22 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Still I don't think that will be enough to tempt me back to using the service. It's a extra 60 quid a season.

At £4.50 plus free travel for my 4 year old that would kind of balance out the petrol I would use driving along the Portway, plus it cuts out the traffic. 

Paying 7 quid doesn't really balance it out. 

Plus, if you get the bus you will be more inclined to spend a fiver on a pint, which with the car will remove that temptation.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I think we were expecting him to take over from Matt Parsons by posting on here but as far as I know no one has approached us for an account to do so. The door is open, it’s not us that is blocking his ability to post, just the opposite.

I understand it's seen as very important the SLO should be well known to the fans and a long term supporter of the club, so it's very likely he doesn't need to create an account for OTIB.

As such an enthusiastic City fan he's no doubt been a member of OTIB for many years.

4 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

But I’ve read in here many club officials monitor the forum !!

5 hours ago, phantom said:

image.png

Its a tough one this.......Get the bus and have to pay for my two kids and then put up with them ruining the game for me OR come on my motorbike, park at the gate for free and not have to put with my kids as well as having three seats to spread out over.........decisions decisions.

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Its a tough one this.......Get the bus and have to pay for my two kids and then put up with them ruining the game for me OR come on my motorbike, park at the gate for free and not have to put with my kids as well as having three seats to spread out over.........decisions decisions.

Easy decision.

I do feel with all the good work the club has done with attracting more youngsters to attend games, this kind of undos that good work a little. 

Surely it's a good thing to be encouraging the fans of the future to get into the habit of using public transport from s young age?

Should have just made tickets a fiver for adults and kept u16s free, that would have covered it.

There may well be parents that don't drive but have commited to season tickets for themselves and children and now they are faced with paying £57.50 per child to travel to the game per season. For me I won't pay 7 quid a game for a short trip down the Portway for me and my 4 year old, others may not have any choice but to pay, others may not even have the ability to swallow the extra costs. It's ridiculous.

I have looked at Gloucestershire’s website. ( cricket )

For the Somerset game the park and ride is operating from the portway.  £5 for adults and children under 16 travel free ! 

Now correct me if I’m wrong , but don’t first operate both services ? 

Now that children have to pay to travel on a city match day I think football fans are being ripped off , bearing in mind city subsidise the travel on match day  I’m failing to see what element exactly 

Archived