IGNORED

Park & Ride / Bus tickets : UPDATED U16s FARE AMENDED

Redwhitepurple

Just seen on Facebook city /first bus have renewed their partnership, however it is annoying that under 16s no longer travel free, unless I’ve read it wrong kids will have to pay £5 as well ? 

Im sure you can save 50 p loading it onto your phone ( I can’t do that ) 

this service is suppose to be subsidised ,  but I’m failing to see which part exactly ? 

The reason I use this is that it was cheap , don’t have to take car into bs3 on a Saturday afternoon, but looks like I will have to add to the traffic , something I believe the park and ride was set up for. 

• Admin
48 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Just seen on Facebook city /first bus have renewed their partnership, however it is annoying that under 16s no longer travel free, unless I’ve read it wrong kids will have to pay £5 as well ? 

Im sure you can save 50 p loading it onto your phone ( I can’t do that ) 

this service is suppose to be subsidised ,  but I’m failing to see which part exactly ? 

The reason I use this is that it was cheap , don’t have to take car into bs3 on a Saturday afternoon, but looks like I will have to add to the traffic , something I believe the park and ride was set up for. 

Why should under 16's get free travel?

Surely the guidelines should be the same as any other bus travel

What they SHOULD be doing is giving people who are travelling with match tickets to the ground 

47 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

details here - one good development is the group travel ticket - £10 return for up to five passengers travelling together if I read it right:

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/matchday-bus-services-confirmed/

This makes it quite feasible for me now as there is normally 3 to 4 in our car. Can’t use it all the time as I have to be out quick and get to work for  around half the games but when there is no rush will give it a go

6 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Just round up four other people at the bus stop if you are on your own.

Easier said than done if the problems we had GIVING a spare ticket to the Palace game away were anything to go by.

Scores of people in queue to buy, loads on their own and a free ticket wasn't enough to temp them away from their spot in the queue.

Found someone eventually.

I think I’ll round up some people on the bus stop , although finding them after the game and getting them all in the same bus could be interesting! 

I took my lad last season I paid a fiver and he was free , looks like I’ll have to pay a fiver for him as well ? 

If im paying a tenner I just as well drive and park nearer the ground , the park and ride is supposed to take cars off the road , now it’s just added one more . 

If kids now have to pay , what element are the club subsidising ? 

The service is hit or miss. Great getting to the Gate as fans arrival times are staggered. After the game - not so good, you really have to leave early to get the 1st or 2nd bus if you're lucky and there's 2 waiting (sometimes only 1 is waiting). Once those 2 have gone you're waiting for those buses to go all the way to Avonmouth and back - it takes 20 minutes to get along Winterstoke Rd through the traffic.  I gave up on it after waiting for over an hour in the pouring rain after a winter evening game.

Also when I did leave 5 mins before the end once as I needed to be somewhere, and the bus left before the end of the game with only about 20 people on board- when it got to the KFC roundabout fans were coming out gesturing to the driver to stop and pointing at the empty seats but he just kept going....H & S I suppose.

2 of us go so it's £10 return , so for the same money we park in Bemmy cc - at least we know we're getting home in a reasonable time.

Public transport should be cheap and reliable and take cars off the road.  This does neither.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How do you buy an mticket on the FB app? I can't find AG2 or match day special event tickets 

I and many others have tried this but when you get on the bus the driver says- can't use them on this bus- I ended up getting my pre paid tickets refunded.

Then you mention it to the club and they say the driver should gave accepted it. 

Wether things have changed since I tried at the start if last season I don't know but I've seen a quite a few try, some reluctantly let you on but what a hassle 

18 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How do you buy an mticket on the FB app? I can't find AG2 or match day special event tickets 

8 hours ago, littlered said:

It's just a standard day rider mate

Sorry mate, just saw the article they released yesterday. Used to be a normal day rider but there is a matchday one now by the looks of it. You can find it under Day tickets.

19 hours ago, kivsy said:

I think I’ll round up some people on the bus stop , although finding them after the game and getting them all in the same bus could be interesting! 

I took my lad last season I paid a fiver and he was free , looks like I’ll have to pay a fiver for him as well ? 

If im paying a tenner I just as well drive and park nearer the ground , the park and ride is supposed to take cars off the road , now it’s just added one more . 

If kids now have to pay , what element are the club subsidising ? 

I didn't mind paying £4.50 to park at the Portway P&R and then bus it in. Cuts out the traffic etc. 

But now I have to pay £4.50 for my 5 year old too? I'll go back to driving now. 

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Why should under 16's get free travel?

Surely the guidelines should be the same as any other bus travel

What they SHOULD be doing is giving people who are travelling with match tickets to the ground 

On a normal First bus under 5’s are free and 5-16 year olds pay two thirds of the adult fare I believe? Even this would be fairer if people have this right. 

• Admin
15 minutes ago, RedM said:

On a normal First bus under 5’s are free and 5-16 year olds pay two thirds of the adult fare I believe? Even this would be fairer if people have this right. 

Surely this is what it should be?

Not sure why up to U16's would be free, but reading the above comments it will clearly affect a number of people

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So what is the £1.80 return referencing? Is that the child's price possibly? But then there is no £1.80 return option on the Mticket app.

Are you still able to use day riders on the p&r? 

They haven't communicated this at all well.

I read that as 5 of you getting the Match day Mticket for £9.

21 hours ago, tonytnttucker said:

Same here, 2 boys £4.50/£5 was good but this is so family un-friendly. I think u16 get 50% off but that still makes it £10, same as 5 grow men. I've E mailed Supporters Liaison officer and suggest you do as well slo@bcfc.co.uk

Did you get a response ? I have just emailed too. 

Not expecting much other than a big standard response 

4 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Did you get a response ? I have just emailed too. 

Not expecting much other than a big standard response 

He’s not on here but if he were I’m sure he would be telling you to phone himself.

Archived