Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Redwhitepurple

Park & Ride / Bus tickets : UPDATED U16s FARE AMENDED

Would be interested to know how much city fund/subsidise park n ride because tickets are not reduced for city fans in fact they increase year on year, i guess they just pay for additional bus hire perhaps?

Just seen on Facebook city /first bus have renewed their partnership, however it is annoying that under 16s no longer travel free, unless I’ve read it wrong kids will have to pay £5 as well ? 

Im sure you can save 50 p loading it onto your phone ( I can’t do that ) 

this service is suppose to be subsidised ,  but I’m failing to see which part exactly ? 

The reason I use this is that it was cheap , don’t have to take car into bs3 on a Saturday afternoon, but looks like I will have to add to the traffic , something I believe the park and ride was set up for. 

48 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Just seen on Facebook city /first bus have renewed their partnership, however it is annoying that under 16s no longer travel free, unless I’ve read it wrong kids will have to pay £5 as well ? 

Im sure you can save 50 p loading it onto your phone ( I can’t do that ) 

this service is suppose to be subsidised ,  but I’m failing to see which part exactly ? 

The reason I use this is that it was cheap , don’t have to take car into bs3 on a Saturday afternoon, but looks like I will have to add to the traffic , something I believe the park and ride was set up for. 

Why should under 16's get free travel?

Surely the guidelines should be the same as any other bus travel

What they SHOULD be doing is giving people who are travelling with match tickets to the ground 

47 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

details here - one good development is the group travel ticket - £10 return for up to five passengers travelling together if I read it right:

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/matchday-bus-services-confirmed/

This makes it quite feasible for me now as there is normally 3 to 4 in our car. Can’t use it all the time as I have to be out quick and get to work for  around half the games but when there is no rush will give it a go

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Just round up four other people at the bus stop if you are on your own.

I'm out of likes for today!

6 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Easier said than done if the problems we had GIVING a spare ticket to the Palace game away were anything to go by.

Scores of people in queue to buy, loads on their own and a free ticket wasn't enough to temp them away from their spot in the queue.

Found someone eventually.

Edited by Bristol Rob

I think I’ll round up some people on the bus stop , although finding them after the game and getting them all in the same bus could be interesting! 

I took my lad last season I paid a fiver and he was free , looks like I’ll have to pay a fiver for him as well ? 

If im paying a tenner I just as well drive and park nearer the ground , the park and ride is supposed to take cars off the road , now it’s just added one more . 

If kids now have to pay , what element are the club subsidising ? 

The service is hit or miss. Great getting to the Gate as fans arrival times are staggered. After the game - not so good, you really have to leave early to get the 1st or 2nd bus if you're lucky and there's 2 waiting (sometimes only 1 is waiting). Once those 2 have gone you're waiting for those buses to go all the way to Avonmouth and back - it takes 20 minutes to get along Winterstoke Rd through the traffic.  I gave up on it after waiting for over an hour in the pouring rain after a winter evening game.

Also when I did leave 5 mins before the end once as I needed to be somewhere, and the bus left before the end of the game with only about 20 people on board- when it got to the KFC roundabout fans were coming out gesturing to the driver to stop and pointing at the empty seats but he just kept going....H & S I suppose.

2 of us go so it's £10 return , so for the same money we park in Bemmy cc - at least we know we're getting home in a reasonable time.

Public transport should be cheap and reliable and take cars off the road.  This does neither.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How do you buy an mticket on the FB app? I can't find AG2 or match day special event tickets 

I and many others have tried this but when you get on the bus the driver says- can't use them on this bus- I ended up getting my pre paid tickets refunded.

Then you mention it to the club and they say the driver should gave accepted it. 

Wether things have changed since I tried at the start if last season I don't know but I've seen a quite a few try, some reluctantly let you on but what a hassle 

Edited by ralphindevon
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

How do you buy an mticket on the FB app? I can't find AG2 or match day special event tickets 

It's just a standard day rider mate

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

8 hours ago, littlered said:

It's just a standard day rider mate

Sorry mate, just saw the article they released yesterday. Used to be a normal day rider but there is a matchday one now by the looks of it. You can find it under Day tickets.

Edited by littlered
accidentally quoted twice
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, kivsy said:

I think I’ll round up some people on the bus stop , although finding them after the game and getting them all in the same bus could be interesting! 

I took my lad last season I paid a fiver and he was free , looks like I’ll have to pay a fiver for him as well ? 

If im paying a tenner I just as well drive and park nearer the ground , the park and ride is supposed to take cars off the road , now it’s just added one more . 

If kids now have to pay , what element are the club subsidising ? 

I didn't mind paying £4.50 to park at the Portway P&R and then bus it in. Cuts out the traffic etc. 

But now I have to pay £4.50 for my 5 year old too? I'll go back to driving now. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I didn't mind paying £4.50 to park at the Portway P&R and then bus it in. Cuts out the traffic etc. 

But now I have to pay £4.50 for my 5 year old too? I'll go back to driving now. 

I’m in the same boat , will drive in now. 

30 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I’m in the same boat , will drive in now. 

Same here, 2 boys £4.50/£5 was good but this is so family un-friendly. I think u16 get 50% off but that still makes it £10, same as 5 grow men. I've E mailed Supporters Liaison officer and suggest you do as well slo@bcfc.co.uk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Why should under 16's get free travel?

Surely the guidelines should be the same as any other bus travel

What they SHOULD be doing is giving people who are travelling with match tickets to the ground 

On a normal First bus under 5’s are free and 5-16 year olds pay two thirds of the adult fare I believe? Even this would be fairer if people have this right. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

On a normal First bus under 5’s are free and 5-16 year olds pay two thirds of the adult fare I believe? Even this would be fairer if people have this right. 

Surely this is what it should be?

Not sure why up to U16's would be free, but reading the above comments it will clearly affect a number of people

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Even if they actually wanted to go shopping at Cabot 🤣

• Like 1

So what is the £1.80 return referencing? Is that the child's price possibly? But then there is no £1.80 return option on the Mticket app.

Are you still able to use day riders on the p&r? 

They haven't communicated this at all well.

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So what is the £1.80 return referencing? Is that the child's price possibly? But then there is no £1.80 return option on the Mticket app.

I read that as 5 of you getting the Match day Mticket for £9.

21 hours ago, tonytnttucker said:

Same here, 2 boys £4.50/£5 was good but this is so family un-friendly. I think u16 get 50% off but that still makes it £10, same as 5 grow men. I've E mailed Supporters Liaison officer and suggest you do as well slo@bcfc.co.uk

Did you get a response ? I have just emailed too. 

Not expecting much other than a big standard response 

4 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Did you get a response ? I have just emailed too. 

Not expecting much other than a big standard response 

He’s not on here but if he were I’m sure he would be telling you to phone himself.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

He’s not on here but if he were I’m sure he would be telling you to phone himself.

Thanks for your input , I thought an SLO being on a fans forum might be a tad helpful ? 

1 minute ago, kivsy said:

Thanks for your input , I thought an SLO being on a fans forum might be a tad helpful ? 

I think we were expecting him to take over from Matt Parsons by posting on here but as far as I know no one has approached us for an account to do so. The door is open, it’s not us that is blocking his ability to post, just the opposite.

6 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Read my post again. I am not telling you that he himself would be telling you to phone.

19 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Haven’t a clue what the Club are saying to be frank. 

Did think another option to using Long Ashton P&R was to use the Bristol Day Rider ticket to get the No1 from Westbury then get the Metrobus M2 from The Centre (via a few harbourside pubs) to Ashton Gate. The Metrobus Plan now, interestingly, show directions to the stadium from the Ashton Gate stop. I thought previously they didn’t want anyone using the metrobus to get to the Gate!

Haven't a clue on the basis of what was written in the media release whether I can use the same £5 ticket on both First Bus and Metrobus.

An absolute shambles, both the timing of the release advising of a cancelled, popular service (under the headline ‘Improved Service’ FFS) and the total mixed messages it contained. No wonder no one uses public transport in Bristol. 

Currently back with the drive to  LA Park and Ride and hop off at Cumberland Basin for drinks option.

They can’t blame the new logo, IT issues for this cock up. 

Should think the Southville Mafia are lapping all this up as evidence to demonstrate how incompetent Bristol Sport are in dealing with their match day parking issues. 

Edited by RedRock

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

New SLO begun on 18th July 2019.

(Give or take) About a fortnight in post but still no sign on this forum. 🤔

A while ago, seem to recall @AshtonPark suggesting that new SLO posting on here would not be so likely.

@RedM @kivsy

I still don’t think he will be joining, if he was going to he would have already. If he does everything via Twitter it makes his life easier, OTIB just makes it easier for people to moan at the FLO etc.

At the moment there are no active club employees who post on here, that cant be a coincidence surely.

9 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I still don’t think he will be joining, if he was going to he would have already. If he does everything via Twitter it makes his life easier, OTIB just makes it easier for people to moan at the FLO etc.

At the moment there are no active club employees who post on here, that cant be a coincidence surely.

I tend to agree about the likelihood of a sign up. Think it's disappointing from an engagement, plus a transparency and accountability POV personally- it's been a fortnight or so which is plenty of time you'd think.

Julie H is listed as a Club Official so that's the closest we have but yeah not really a club employee as such. Matt Parsons still reads on here I believe but yeah no employees ultimately.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

image.png

Still I don't think that will be enough to tempt me back to using the service. It's a extra 60 quid a season.

At £4.50 plus free travel for my 4 year old that would kind of balance out the petrol I would use driving along the Portway, plus it cuts out the traffic. 

Paying 7 quid doesn't really balance it out. 

22 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Still I don't think that will be enough to tempt me back to using the service. It's a extra 60 quid a season.

At £4.50 plus free travel for my 4 year old that would kind of balance out the petrol I would use driving along the Portway, plus it cuts out the traffic. 

Paying 7 quid doesn't really balance it out. 

Plus, if you get the bus you will be more inclined to spend a fiver on a pint, which with the car will remove that temptation.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I think we were expecting him to take over from Matt Parsons by posting on here but as far as I know no one has approached us for an account to do so. The door is open, it’s not us that is blocking his ability to post, just the opposite.

I understand it's seen as very important the SLO should be well known to the fans and a long term supporter of the club, so it's very likely he doesn't need to create an account for OTIB.

As such an enthusiastic City fan he's no doubt been a member of OTIB for many years.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

But I’ve read in here many club officials monitor the forum !!

10 minutes ago, kivsy said:

They may well monitor it, doesn't necessarily mean they post on it/are active on it at this time.

Julie H an obvious exception.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 hours ago, phantom said:

image.png

Its a tough one this.......Get the bus and have to pay for my two kids and then put up with them ruining the game for me OR come on my motorbike, park at the gate for free and not have to put with my kids as well as having three seats to spread out over.........decisions decisions.

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

Its a tough one this.......Get the bus and have to pay for my two kids and then put up with them ruining the game for me OR come on my motorbike, park at the gate for free and not have to put with my kids as well as having three seats to spread out over.........decisions decisions.

Easy decision.

I do feel with all the good work the club has done with attracting more youngsters to attend games, this kind of undos that good work a little. 

Surely it's a good thing to be encouraging the fans of the future to get into the habit of using public transport from s young age?

Should have just made tickets a fiver for adults and kept u16s free, that would have covered it.

There may well be parents that don't drive but have commited to season tickets for themselves and children and now they are faced with paying £57.50 per child to travel to the game per season. For me I won't pay 7 quid a game for a short trip down the Portway for me and my 4 year old, others may not have any choice but to pay, others may not even have the ability to swallow the extra costs. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

I'd be waiting a very long time to round people up on my stop as they have stopped the AG6 bus altogether this season for whatever reason.

On 31/07/2019 at 17:03, Turbored said:

Sense has prevailed , at last it makes feasible for a car full to use the service.  Great news.

The group ticket isn’t new. I’ve used it for at least the last 2 years and highlighted it on OTIB

12 hours ago, kivsy said:

It makes sense for them to monitor it. The new SLO must do for how it then appears on twitter etc. 

• Like 1

I have looked at Gloucestershire’s website. ( cricket )

For the Somerset game the park and ride is operating from the portway.  £5 for adults and children under 16 travel free ! 

Now correct me if I’m wrong , but don’t first operate both services ? 

Now that children have to pay to travel on a city match day I think football fans are being ripped off , bearing in mind city subsidise the travel on match day  I’m failing to see what element exactly 

Edited by kivsy
  • Like 1