Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

Colin Murray really DOES love Bristol City

attended a Quest EFL football forum at Charlton Athletics ground on Wednesday afternoon.

Colin Murray stated it would be nice to see a team from outside the usual successfull  areas

like London and the North West.

Colin Murray was very passionate along with Ian Holloway about our game.

In my opinion if you contact the show about good and bad things, they will listen.

Just a reminder the show will be two hours long and all Championship games will have four cameras at the games

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Shame it's on such an obscure channel, it's actually quite a good highlights programme

Football has tried to become a self fulfilling prophecy.

If we ram the premiership down your throat, that must mean you like it, right?

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Tut tut tut

The Premiership ?

Tut tut

You will have some people spitting out their cornflakes 

That dick , & Man Ure supporting Andy Goldstein on Talksport is obsessed with anyone who dare , wrongly call it the premiership 

and gets really irritated 

Its the PREMIER LEAGUE don’t you know !!!

Well Mr  Goldstein and co ,

most of us don’t give a monkeys toss what it’s actually called , you pretentious ******s

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

attended a Quest EFL football forum at Charlton Athletics ground on Wednesday afternoon.

Colin Murray stated it would be nice to see a team from outside the usual successfull  areas

like London and the North West.

Colin Murray was very passionate along with Ian Holloway about our game.

In my opinion if you contact the show about good and bad things, they will listen.

Just a reminder the show will be two hours long and all Championship games will have four cameras at the games

I'd love to meet Colin Murray and have a rambling chat with him about football and God knows what else, did you get the chance to catch up with him personally?

Perhaps City could invite him along for one of their big games this season, even present the show from Ashton Gate.  Ashton Gate could become the new recording studio for the show, or failing that, the Bottle Yard in Whitchuch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'd love to meet Colin Murray and have a rambling chat with him about football and God knows what else, did you get the chance to catch up with him personally?

Perhaps City could invite him along for one of their big games this season, even present the show from Ashton Gate.  Ashton Gate could become the new recording studio for the show, or failing that, the Bottle Yard in Whitchuch.

Or The Bottle Job in Leeds

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Top  bloke

Love his genuine passion for , and knowledge of , the Football League

Average 👀

• Haha 1

BBC just announced that football is back with us on August 10th! But of course nothing  happens outside the premier league. Oh for the days when then national BBC claimed to show all 90 teams in the then football league on match of the day!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Average 👀

Add me and a high percentage on here I'd say well above average Dave :whistle:

I like the Quest program but the fact that it’s in SD in 2019 is ridiculous. Unless it’s just a Virgin Media thing I can’t see any HD option like you get with other channels. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I like the Quest program but the fact that it’s in SD in 2019 is ridiculous. Unless it’s just a Virgin Media thing I can’t see any HD option like you get with other channels. 

SKY Channel 144

(can’t help with Virgin etc)

And was last season,  86

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Quest HD on Virgin channel 217

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No idea if it's just the package i have but it's on 217 on Virgin.

Think they also have a streaming app.

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

No idea if it's just the package i have but it's on 217 on Virgin.

Think they also have a streaming app.

You beautiful bastard, thank you. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

SKY Channel 144

(can’t help with Virgin etc)

And was last season,  86

3 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Quest HD on Virgin channel 217

And thanks to you both also, saw the last post first! So all this time I’ve been watching in SD like a commoner!! 

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 2

Anyone know if we are on the red button on Sunday ?

( I know we are on live but I wanted to be the first )

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tut tut tut

The Premiership ?

Tut tut

You will have some people spitting out their cornflakes 

That dick , & Man Ure supporting Andy Goldstein on Talksport is obsessed with anyone who dare , wrongly call it the premiership 

and gets really irritated 

Its the PREMIER LEAGUE don’t you know !!!

Well Mr  Goldstein and co ,

most of us don’t give a monkeys toss what it’s actually called , you pretentious ******s

I care! But then I’m a pedantic p***k ....! 😄🍷✌️

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I would too. I'd probably spend an hour or two discussing The Undertones with him as well as football, since I like to think that Colin is one of the few people on this planet who might genuinely indulge my rather niche lifelong Bristol City / Undertones obsession.

Probably not though.

OK I promise I won't attempt to contact you, Colin. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I would too. I'd probably spend an hour or two discussing The Undertones with him as well as football, since I like to think that Colin is one of the few people on this planet who might genuinely indulge my rather niche lifelong Bristol City / Undertones obsession.

Probably not though.

OK I promise I won't attempt to contact you, Colin. 

My band plays ‘My Perfect Cousin’ and ‘Teenage Kicks’ - underrated band The Undertones ...

• Like 4

12 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Random story, I met Colin Murray last year doing a favour for a friend. My mate's Dad was running a charity auction and (somehow) he got in contact with Colin who obtained a signed snooker cue from Jimmy White who I believe is his friend. The 'favour' was meeting Colin Murray in London Bridge station and collecting said cue. Had a brief chat as he was in a rush to the airport to shoot off to the US. Random/shit story that I've never shared.

The End.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Massively underrated yes. Let us know your gig listings! 

Where are you based? I’ll let you know the ones near to you ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Where are you based? I’ll let you know the ones near to you ...

BS7 / Northern enemy territory I'm afraid, but obviously will travel south of the river 😎

1 minute ago, City Rocker said:

BS7 / Northern enemy territory I'm afraid, but obviously will travel south of the river 😎

I’ll send you a PM mate ...

14 hours ago, 054123 said:

Bit like women’s football 

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 2

1 hour ago, Midred said:

BBC just announced that football is back with us on August 10th! But of course nothing  happens outside the premier league. Oh for the days when then national BBC claimed to show all 90 teams in the then football league on match of the day!

Well it doesn’t really help that the BBC cant afford to cover all 90 teams due to being priced out of Football.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

Well it doesn’t really help that the BBC cant afford to cover all 90 teams due to being priced out of Football.

Then what are we paying for then,some over payed chat show host or eastenders,get rid simple as

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Do you play it well tho that’s the question 

Would be surprised if any newborn baby let alone gigging band couldn’t play teenage kicks..

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Correct but I’ve seen bands play it and it’s been bloody awful 

Far far too fast is usually the problem

• Like 1

Pretty sure I can recall CM commenting on the football league show how he had a great time at an away game with the sags. He also said he’d love to reciprocate by joining us at an away game. 

Don’t think that’s happened yet but would more than welcome him to join us.

13 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Pretty sure I can recall CM commenting on the football league show how he had a great time at an away game with the sags. He also said he’d love to reciprocate by joining us at an away game. 

Don’t think that’s happened yet but would more than welcome him to join us.

Hardly surprising, they're the best away support in the country, don't you know.

15 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Then what are we paying for then,some over payed chat show host or eastenders,get rid simple as

Have a look at the difference in wages between BBC, ITV & Sky and you’ll realise that BBC are horrifically under paying the current market rates.

20 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Send me a PM mate of any gigs around Bristol area coming up

Where are you based? I’ll send you the most relevant gigs ...

On 01/08/2019 at 21:38, BS4 on Tour... said:

My band plays ‘My Perfect Cousin’ and ‘Teenage Kicks’ - underrated band The Undertones ...

Very well too, may I add

• Thanks 1

On 01/08/2019 at 21:25, BRISTOL86 said:

You beautiful bastard, thank you. 

And thanks to you both also, saw the last post first! So all this time I’ve been watching in SD like a commoner!! 

Is also on Freeview 114 for anyone else