IGNORED

Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer..

Sturny

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Sturny said:

All of those purchased for roughly the Lloyd Kelly fee we received. Those Chelsea boys definitely see something in Bristol City 

Hats off to Mark Ashton. ? 

Phenomenal business and the window hasn't even closed yet! 

Great signings, but now we need to sign people to improve on last seasons squad

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I think each one of those players will play better than they did last season 

Also, it’s a young squad, they are a year more experienced so (hopefully) less likely to bottle it at the sharp end of the season. Wasn’t so much that this squad wasn’t good enough last year but rather ran out of gas & got nervous. One year older now so, fingers crossed. 

Just now, Redwhitepurple said:

'Hats off to mark ashton' ???. You having a laugh. 2 of the players interviewed have said its because lee johnson and bristol city itself. If players want to come they'll come. Waste of city fans money paying ashton

I think he’s a tad over praised at times , but he appears to be very professional in his dealings and gets the job done 

He’s well paid but , it would appear does well , what he’s paid to do

An absolutely vital role in any Club IMHO

4 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

'Hats off to mark ashton' ???. You having a laugh. 2 of the players interviewed have said its because lee johnson and bristol city itself. If players want to come they'll come. Waste of city fans money paying ashton

Players have media training which is why every player who joins every club says the same thing. It’s essentially meaningless.

3 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Do you think that these deals are negotiated by Lee personally ringing the player involved and asking if he fancies signing? 

2 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

You think LJ sits in on the negotiations and secures the best financial terms for the club?

No player will come to Bristol City because of our chief exec, but to not recognise the job he does in terms of the financial deals we are getting - sales and purchases - is disingenuous.

I suspect that buying and selling players is very much a team effort, with everyone's role equally important.

14 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Youre ether on a wind up or a moron,

Lee and his scouting team identifies players he wants Ashton does everything else

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interested to why you would think that @Sturny

I think DaSilva is young and still developing so should improve from last season

Palmer wasn't with us for very long and didn't get a decent run. I would have liked him to have had a full pre season with us but expect him to get more game time and so not desperate to impress every time he gets the ball. I hope he is the creative mid fielder we need.

If Kallas is as good as he was last year I will be happy.

Redwhitepurple

Seeing as it appears to appears to be beyond you who negotiated £15m for Kelly, £10m for Reid, £7m for Flint and £6m for Bryan at £37.65m profit for the club (less wages so let’s call it just the £36m) Lee Johnson? And if he gets £25m for Webster after paying £4m only 12 months ago add another £20m....... Unless we’ve paid the guy £40m in that time Ashton is probably doing alright?

Three very decent signings but the holes in our squad are still there.
Lacking at RB and up top and potentially short with a proper tough-tackling midfielder unless we get Korey back to full fitness.

Still time to complete the squad and it’s been a decent summer so far, but if the window shut this afternoon I’d be feeling a bit disappointed.

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interested to why you would think that @Sturny

I believe they've got more motivation than they had before, plus the added experience from last year.  

They've got a home now. Just by viewing their interviews you can tell how happy they are and want to get cracking. 

• Admin
40 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Who do you think negotiates the deals ?

:doh:

I do wonder how much he does get involved.

I would imagine he would have a team of people, especially this time of the year where we are assumedly negotiating players in and out and loan players?

MA is Marmite on here...but love him or loath him, he's doing a Vital job for the Club. Taking away pressure off LJ and allowing him to concentrate on Coaching.

Regardless of his huge salary...600k is it? His negotiating skills in doing deals seem impressive...just got to forget the odd dodgy one's that haven't worked out. Few and far between.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

MA is Marmite on here...but love him or loath him, he's doing a Vital job for the Club. Taking away pressure off LJ and allowing him to concentrate on Coaching.

Regardless of his huge salary...600k is it? His negotiating skills in doing deals seem impressive...just got to forget the odd dodgy one's that haven't worked out. Few and far between.

Not that much...£300k I think. LJ is on around £600k, his previous contract was £500k pa.

Archived