IGNORED

Taylor Moore or Nathan Baker?

Arkateee

Baker, Moore or Wright?  

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Young lad against the mighty Leeds on the first game of the season. Could kill his confidence if it went wrong. So its Baker for me with Moore sub. Also advantage to have a lefter centre back on the left side. LJ needs to have a word with Baker on the pitch to tell him to keep his head and ask Kalas to chip in aswell.

3 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Young lad against the mighty Leeds on the first game of the season. Could kill his confidence if it went wrong. So its Baker for me with Moore sub. Also advantage to have a lefter centre back on the left side. LJ needs to have a word with Baker on the pitch to tell him to keep his head and ask Kalas to chip in aswell.

Stop bigging Leeds up or everyone will just fall into the trap of believing their hype, we can’t fear them before we start or the match will be lost. Be aware but don’t be afraid.  They start on 0 points just as we do.

Having a good think about this. For Sunday I go Taylor Moore. Here is why

The window closes after the first game. Probably less going on with transfers this weekend with games starting. So this is a one game audition albeit a hell of an occasion. If he is out of his depth we know we need to get another in. Not saying don’t try until Monday but it may ease the pressure of having to bring in another. 

Then, Baker and Wright have struggled with injury a bit this summer. They have missed some training so going to say Taylor will be a but sharper. 

Last reason is he really has potential and it could be a catalyst to him kicking on. Of course it could completely go the other way but think it is time we find out.

For me we know what both Wright and Baker can do, I would be tempted to try Moore and see if we have someone ready to step up, if he doesn't get a chance now when does he? Too soon to chuck a new CB in if we got one today I'd think.

As it stands , I think the only out and out forward they have available is Bamford

Id suggest their threat comes from fluidity, overloads and movement rather than any physical presence 

We should IMHO be selecting , with that in mind 

Nb Apologies if that simple fact confused you @Oops

As several have mentioned above. I'm on Baker to get the start. There is no doubt if Moore has progressed on the pitch (including his willingness to put it in where it hurts) as he appears to have physically he will get an opportunity - It will be his form at that point as to whether he can keep hold of it. If he genuinely can knock it about like Webster then with Kalas along side him he should have the confidence to use it.

We brought Moore as "one for the future"

The recent interview about his what he did about his mental state while at Southend speak volumes about his attitude and commitment. He seems to have bulked up considerably and so perhaps the future is now.

Archived