IGNORED

Taylor Moore or Nathan Baker?

Arkateee

Baker, Moore or Wright?  

594 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As it stands , I think the only out and out forward they have available is Bamford

Id suggest their threat comes from fluidity, overloads and movement rather than any physical presence 

We should IMHO be selecting , with that in mind 

Nb Apologies if that simple fact confused you @Oops

Didn’t confuse me pal, you didn’t say who you’d be selecting. 

Cool your jets

32 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Got to be both really. Baker to start, pick up a serious head injury and a booking, Moore on in his place. 

Slight head injury, back strain, knee twist, then sending off. .... but I’d still give him a go. 

47 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As it stands , I think the only out and out forward they have available is Bamford

Id suggest their threat comes from fluidity, overloads and movement rather than any physical presence 

Nb Apologies if that simple fact confused you @Oops

If Bamford's "playing" are we allowed 3 appeals before any of our players get sent off?

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

To counter such a threat  we need a sewage engineer not a head coach!   :shocking:

56 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

When did Baker's stock fall so low?  Outside of injury issues he is quality.

I think people have lost too much faith in him, too many times he’s had to be subbed off early in a match due to injury and then disappears for months. I feel we don’t know him any more so have lost confidence in him maybe. Also losing him in a match forces us to use a sub which  later on leaves us with fewer options. 

He was quality, but compared with the Kalas/Webster partnership we have ( had) I don’t blame people for questioning not only his availability but his ability too.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think people have lost too much faith in him, too many times he’s had to be subbed off early in a match due to injury and then disappears for months. I feel we don’t know him any more so have lost confidence in him maybe. Also losing him in a match forces us to use a sub which  later on leaves us with fewer options. 

He was quality, but compared with the Kalas/Webster partnership we have ( had) I don’t blame people for questioning not only his availability but his ability too.

He’s also cost us a few goals in his spell here 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s also cost us a few goals in his spell here 

Maybe a run in the team with Webster gone and a little luck on the injury front will see a return of form?  I do believe that form is temporary while class is usually permanent.

2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

Surprised how many of us dont want to start our captain 

Don’t rate bailey one bit and not sure of many who do, he’s a liability imo.

Baker has to start , he’s left footed, has experience at this level and has Kalas next to him who will make sure he’s doing his bit.

Moore and Wright to start against QPR would be sensible as that’s a nothing game and we can really see if they are both up to scratch.

If fit then Baker is the more senior and more experienced pro. Moore will play his part this season and given Baker's fitness issues he may even get an extended run in the first team. For now I'd go with experience against Leeds, then blood Moore against QPR in the cup. From there you can start to look at them both and also see how the work with Kalas (or Webster's replacement whoever he may be). 

But on Sunday I'd go Baker.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Moore looked vastly improved when I saw him last Saturday, BUT I am judging only from a cameo in a friendly, so against Leeds I would stick with the experienced CB option, Baker. 

He also played as a LB/LCB for a couple of pre-season games. Looked good there. He's actually not a bad ball carrier. Somewhat reminiscent of Magnússon and Kelly when playing in that LB position. I think he can be used this season as cover for Dasilva if we need it.

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

He also played as a LB/LCB for a couple of pre-season games. Looked good there. He's actually not a bad ball carrier. Somewhat reminiscent of Magnússon and Kelly when playing in that LB position. I think he can be used this season as cover for Dasilva if we need it.

I was impressed with his ability to find a decent pass upfield.

That said, by the time he came on Palace were coasting after our first choice defence had forgotten they were no longer having a beach game on holiday but were being watched by several thousand paying customers!

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was impressed with his ability to find a decent pass upfield.

That said, by the time he came on Palace were coasting after our first choice defence had forgotten they were no longer having a beach game on holiday but were being watched by several thousand paying customers!

True, but I saw him do the same in the minutes he got against Derby in Tampa. He's more than just a muscle-bound lump of a CB.

Baker for me is a pretty solid head it and boot it centre-half who is good enough to play week in week out for BCFC

That said, he is a bit psycho and never seems to be in any position to play week in week out... injuries, red cards, xmas holidays etc

Those saying Taylor it's seems just want to see him out of some kind of curiosity, I assume they just want to figure out for themselves if they think he will ever be good enough, like this is some kind of preseason friendly and it doesn't really matter if we lose. To me that is a poor reason to pick anyone, it cheapens the shirt and shows a lack of trust in LJ judgement.

Would anyone be happy to find out against Leeds that he isn't good enough and we find ourselves 3 down after 20 mins and he has to come off because his heads all over the place. This game calls for professional, calm and experienced heads IMO so Wright is the answer for me. 

19 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Those saying Taylor it's seems just want to see him out of some kind of curiosity, I assume they just want to figure out for themselves if they think he will ever be good enough, like this is some kind of preseason friendly and it doesn't really matter if we lose. To me that is a poor reason to pick anyone, it cheapens the shirt and shows a lack of trust in LJ judgement.

Would anyone be happy to find out against Leeds that he isn't good enough and we find ourselves 3 down after 20 mins and he has to come off because his heads all over the place. This game calls for professional, calm and experienced heads IMO so Wright is the answer for me. 

I was waiting for the punchline and you say “Vyner”!!

Don't know how Baker gets away with numerous mistakes he has made since December 2017. I've watched a lot back over the summer and it's amazing how many basic mistakes he makes.

I know I go on, but he doesn't really get criticised much for them. If he didn't make those mistakes and also didn't go off injured in a high percentage of games then I'd be saying play him.

Even if he is right footed and not great on the ball, the sensible decision imo would be Bailey Wright. Wright has not made many mistakes at all whilst centre back.

Had one dodgy game couple of seasons ago when coming back from injury when fans cheered him off at home. But out of him and Baker who is likely to let us down? Baker. 

My definition of a solid defender at this level is someone who doesn't make many mistakes.

Archived