IGNORED

Actual Competitive League Football

ExiledAjax

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think Assombalonga is ok / decent at this level but blimey I think all the commentators and pundits are over doing it a bit 

Making him sound like Suarez

They do make him out top be twice the player I think he actually is. Mind you, with the Pulis-applied lead weights removed now,  we might see how good he can be.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They do make him out top be twice the player I think he actually is. Mind you, with the Pulis-applied lead weights removed now,  we might see how good he can be.

Yeh, Boro look alot more dynamic than last season. 

A very watchable 45 minutes to start the season off.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Now a disallowed hand-of-godesque goal. Honestly all this game needs is a cat on the pitch and a filthy red card and it's got everything.

Still one of my funniest memories was when we played up there back when Luton had their plastic pitch and during the warm-up a cat came on and took a crap on the corner of the penalty area. Funny enough in itself you may say but it then tried to bury its leavings.

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It's end to end stuff. Jonathan Woodgate said that he would be changing Boro's style and making them a more exciting team to watch. But I wish he had looked to achieve a steadier transition as I can't get my head around it at the moment.

Fair play getting them from the Pulis dross of last season to this high pressing 4-3-3. They'll concede more but with Fletcher and Brit up front should be more than capable of scoring a healthy number of goals over the season. It's nice to have them back.

Luton also look like a good addition to the division.

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Think he was of guard, you got to give the benefit to the striker on that occasion. Really enjoying the game though 

Think he was worried about colliding with post 

Horrible as a keeper to deal with that bending into top corner from outside the goal 

Archived