IGNORED

2019/20 season

Jerseybean

The new season beckons. Whatever happens for sure there will be highs and lows aboard the BCFC roller-coaster. What are your realistic hopes/expectations ahead of our season starting tomorrow?

So far this has been a remarkable transfer window for us and for now, at least, we have done all that we can to strengthen the squad, although there may well still be some last minute transfer action. The general sense is that we are short of a replacement for Webster, a forward, perhaps a defensive midfielder and our right back cover is limited. 

What we do have is a fairly settled squad given that most played last season together. We have a decent blend of youth and experience with the prospect of a number of emerging players realising their potential this season notably Moore, Szmodics, Eliasson, Vyner, Janneh, Bakinson and Semenyo. 

We also have stability of management and ownership with the Club’s strategy for sustainable progression being adhered to. Elsewhere, in the Championship, there has been a fair bit of managerial upheaval.

Personally, I hope we can improve upon our league position last season. Simply put to do so we will need to win more home games, score more goals and avoid injuries. Although I’m mindful that others feel we are no stronger and possibly a slightly weaker squad than last season, so an improved league position maybe optimistic.

Whatever, the season brings l will certainly enjoy the journey and look forward to sharing the ups and downs with fellow reds on OTIB.

COYR.

I'm pretty optimistic. We've 'traded' well in terms of finances and brought good players in from Chelsea. The squad last year was good but lacked the killer instinct to get over the line. That derby game we lost is still fresh in the mind.

Famara I think is key to this season... I was watching assombalonga last night to see what a 'proven 9' would bring and essentially it's someone who stays up top and knocks them in. If famara has a good season and some fortune in front of goal we will be right up there. If not then I'd still suggest a top half finish with potential to kick on again next season.

For me the most exciting thing will be seeing how the young players develop as we have a lot of potential in this squad. Good luck the lads...

I've promised myself to not over react, and just enjoy going to follow and watch my team.

There will be ups and downs and good and bad performances.

I'll remind myself that pretty much the rest of the league can beat one another. That it's probably the hardest division in the world to do well in. Also the fifth biggest...and little ol' Bristol City are in it.

Will remind myself how far we've come in a very short time, compared to only a few seasons back in League 1.

Probably the best set up Professionally we've ever been, with people in charge that are as passionate as us. You've only got to look at other Clubs and how they are run compared to us to see how quickly things can go wrong.

Passionate about seeing a pathway for the kids to come through. Fans are now interested in the whole of the Club and development, rather than just the first team. How great is that.

So many things to be happy with...and regardless of results, unless it's going really Pete Tong and against our best interests... it'll be a fun season I'm sure.

I'm happy with top 10 as long as we avoid a relegation fight beating Leeds would be a fantastic start to the season getting anything from b'ham as well but if only we could find an out and out goalscorer to support fammy would be fantastic such a boost to our season we've worked from the back just need someone up front to support fammy 

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

The new season beckons. Whatever happens for sure there will be highs and lows aboard the BCFC roller-coaster.  

Twas ever thus, but we'll have some milestones to look forward to this season.

The first goal will be City's 6,600th since joining the League. Our 17th victory will be number 1,800. 52 more points and that will be 5,500 since joining.

At "2nd tier" level, our 57th goal will be number 2,900.

Archived