Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

RedYoshi

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

As Bristol City fans, we’re all fantasists to some degree, right?

Come, therefore, and indulge your fantasies with a new game:

Fantasy Bristol City (#FBC) - Triple Threat Edition

A standard fantasy football game, but City specific, in which you pick three City players each match (one defender, one midfielder, one forward) and battle it out to see whose fantasy is the most fantastical come the end of the season. Hashtags non-mandatory.

Importantly less labour intensive than a foolishly complicated prediction league I once heard about, the rules are relatively simple:

• Pick three players per match (defender, midfielder, forward),
  • Choose a captain (scores double points),
  • You cannot pick the same player for more than two consecutive matches,
  • Watch the points roll in.

Points System (same as FPL)

• Play < 60mins: 1pt
  • Play > 60mins: 2pts
  • Defender goal: 6pts
  • Midfielder goal: 5pts
  • Forward goal: 4pts
  • Assist: 3pts
  • Clean sheet (DEF): 4pts
  • Clean sheet (MID): 1pt
  • Penalty miss: -2pts
  • Every 2 conceded (DEF): -1pt
  • Yellow card: -1pt
  • Red card: -3pts
  • Own goal: -2pts
  • Bonus (best 3 City players in match): 1-3pts based on the player ratings from whoscored.com

Obviously, with a much smaller pool of players than normal fantasy games, it runs the risk of everyone getting the same points most matches. Fear not, comrades! Firstly, such limited parameters ensure the league stays as interesting and competitive as possible for as long as possible. Secondly, I trialed it last season on a smaller scale and the variety in points was pleasantly surprising. Thirdly, there will also be some fantastical “chips” (because they still don’t have them DMS) to add in a bit more unpredictability and strategy, as follows:

Chips

• Triple Captain: Not to be confused with triple points for your one captain, this means that all three of your players are captained, doubling your entire points haul for the week. Phwoar!
  • Overload: This allows you to choose all three players from just one position (i.e. 3 defenders, 3 midfielders, or 3 forwards).
  • Best Of: Instead of choosing a specific player, you can pick the “best of” a certain position, and you will automatically be given the best performing defender, midfielder, or forward for that match.

Each chip can be played twice throughout the season (once before Christmas, once after). Use them wisely, you crazy cats.

Match Deadline & Substitutes

A couple of options here - I’ll go with the consensus.

Option 1: Deadline at kick off. If entering your team before the line-up is announced, you can include a substitute for each position. Sub will come on if first choice is not starting but sub is. If neither start, sub only comes on if first choice doesn’t play at all.

Option 2: Deadline an hour before kick off (pre-line-up). Subs allowed, but only come on if first choice doesn’t play at all.

Option 1 lessens both the requirement to predict LJ’s tombola/careful & meticulous strategic planning (depending on your own view) and my personal workload (though don’t let my bias influence you...) but gives a slight advantage to those who enter later. Option 2 is more in line with typical FPL rules, but increases chances of people missing out on points.

You decide!

Think that covers everything. So sign up now! All welcome, can join in at any point, just don’t come near me with any of those inappropriate fantasies please. That’s for a different thread.

Any questions or suggestions welcome, but for now just get involved. It probably won’t be perfect, but hey, it’s a bit of fun “innit”? And lord knows we’ll need that in the dark days of November when we haven’t won in 6 matches, Mark Ashton is a fraud again, and rumours abound that Pack gave Szmodics a smack, before Flint comes back and blunts our attack, all our plans begin to crack... Oh crap, are we really about to put ourselves through it all again? Gulp.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Not sure it qualifies as being simple or non labour intensive but sounds like fun so I'd be game. Sign me up 👍

Option 1 or 2 sounds fine to me so not too fussed but maybe option 2 is simpler.

• Like 1

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB

Sounds like an alternative title for the transfer speculation thread!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Barring injury, sales..I'd take Kalas and DaSilva as defence, Pack and Brownhill in Midfield, Famara and Tba new Striker as Forwards...rotate them each week.

You can give me my winners medal now 😉😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jrt55555 said:

Not sure it qualifies as being simple or non labour intensive but sounds like fun so I'd be game. Sign me up 👍

Option 1 or 2 sounds fine to me so not too fussed but maybe option 2 is simpler.

Haha - the key word being “less” as opposed to “non”. I’m sure I’ll end up 4 matches behind at some point, and start regretting the whole thing, but for now the optimism of a new season is strong within me...

Welcome aboard!

For the avoidance of doubt (& now Webster has definitely left) here’s your choice of players:

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Moore, Vyner, Wright

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Brownhill, Eliasson, O’Dowda, Pack, Palmer, Paterson, Rowe, Smith, Szmodics, Walsh, Watkins

Forwards

Diédhiou, Janneh, Semenyo, Taylor, Weimann

Haven't missed anyone, have I? Or does anyone disagree with position assignments? Will update with new signings as and when they happen...

• Thanks 1

Welcome back to the role of organiser of my new weekly obsession. Missed you Redyoshi. First up, I'll go for a team of Dasilva, Eliasson, Dièdhiou and subs of Hunt, Palmer, Weimann.

I think option 2 is easiest all round. Happy with the player positions. Will they stay like that all season for consistency or if LJ decides to do a Bobby Reid with KP, will he become a striker?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

Welcome back to the role of organiser of my new weekly obsession. Missed you Redyoshi. First up, I'll go for a team of Dasilva, Eliasson, Dièdhiou and subs of Hunt, Palmer, Weimann.

I think option 2 is easiest all round. Happy with the player positions. Will they stay like that all season for consistency or if LJ decides to do a Bobby Reid with KP, will he become a striker?

Aw shucks. Glad to be of service! Yeah will stick with these positions, much like in FPL when a defender suddenly ends up playing as an attacking left winger and everyone suddenly has him in their team.

2 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

So who won it last season??? #mymoneysonmaria

#YouWouldWinAllTheMoney. Runaway champion. Your turn this year..?

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

I wondered what you'd been doing all summer :) 

Spreadsheets 4 lyfe.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jrt55555 said:

How do we submit our choices? Just post on here?

Yeah just whack it in here whenever you’re feeling lucky. Was considering a different thread for each match, but seems a bit of a waste of time - just keep it all in one grand thread and save clogging up the forum.

@citywest30 - who’s your captain?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Yeah just whack it in here whenever you’re feeling lucky. Was considering a different thread for each match, but seems a bit of a waste of time - just keep it all in one grand thread and save clogging up the forum.

@citywest30 - who’s your captain?

Thanks mate had forgotten that bit. Very kind of you to prompt me. I'll go for Dièdhiou. 

Think you can sign me up.

What happens if your captain doesn't play? Forgo the double points? Or is the sub automatically captain?

9 hours ago, NNSnse said:

Think you can sign me up.

What happens if your captain doesn't play? Forgo the double points? Or is the sub automatically captain?

Good question. Could do vice-captain picks too I guess - but if no VC specified, it’ll default to the sub.

@citywest30 @jrt55555 @hodge @Chessels Chick feel free to add a VC if you so desire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedYoshi said:

Good question. Could do vice-captain picks too I guess - but if no VC specified, it’ll default to the sub.

@citywest30 @jrt55555 @hodge @Chessels Chick feel free to add a VC if you so desire.

Ok VC on Diedhiou then.

One other thing I wondered - your rule about not being allowed to pick someone for more than two weeks in a row - does that include players picked as subs?

1 minute ago, jrt55555 said:

Ok VC on Diedhiou then.

One other thing I wondered - your rule about not being allowed to pick someone for more than two weeks in a row - does that include players picked as subs?

Hmm, good point. Only applies if the sub was required - so say I have Weimann for two matches (and he plays both), then Taylor, I could have Diédhiou as sub all three games. But if Weimann didn’t play, and Diédhiou came on for the first two weeks, then I wouldn’t be able to pick him as sub for Taylor. If I did, and Taylor didn’t play, I’d effectively not have a sub.

Hope that closes the Diédhiou (Weimann), Diédhiou (Weimann), Janneh (Diédhiou) loophole...!

• Like 1

Defender - Kalas (Da Silva sub)

Midfield - Pack (Szmodics sub)

Striker - Fam (Taylor sub)

Pack captain and Fam vice captain

Lovely jubbly - keep ‘em coming!

Just to confirm, deadline today is 16.30 - KICK OFF.

May well switch it to an hour before for later matches, will see how it goes, but want to give as many people as possible a chance to play seeing as I only posted it yesterday.

Doesn’t change anything for those of you who have already entered, other than giving you the option to edit once the lineup’s out and you’re cursing LJ for not picking any of your players.

17 hours ago, jrt55555 said:

My choices:

Dasilva

Eliasson

Weimann (Captain)

Subs:

Hunt

Palmer

Diedhiou

Given the lineup I’ll change to:

Dasilva (Hunt)

Palmer (Eliasson)

Weimann (c) (Diedhiou (vc)

Well, no points for City yet, but points galore in here!

Here’s the fledgling table:

7E1C3144-9789-4FFC-9AB2-672C5C29D3BE.jpeg.9a693b1b0ec5f19c3a04881a3c2590f8.jpeg

Weimann making all the difference this week, with @hodge, @jrt55555, & @Chessels Chick receiving 18 points from their well selected captain. In fact, only one player selected Weimann but didn’t trust him with the armband - how nonsensical of @NNSnse...

Meanwhile, though it seemed like I was helping them out, @hodge and @citywest30 will be cursing me over Eliasson, as he managed to rack up an assist and a bonus point in his brief appearance from the bench. Oops.

The rest of us? A stuttering start, but hey - Reading once lost their first game and then stormed to the title with 106pts so... #AllToPlayFor. #Hashtag.

If you’re interested, a rundown of the points this week:

1. Weimann 9
  2. Eliasson 5
  3. Diédhiou 4
  4. Brownhill 2
  5. O’Dowda 2
  6. Dasilva 1
  7. Hunt 1
  8. Kalas 1
  9. Moore 1
  10. Pack 1
  11. Palmer 1
  12. Paterson 1
  13. Taylor 0

Onwards, to Birmingham!

Edited by RedYoshi
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

Very nice Yoshi. And I like what you've done there- deliberately done badly week 1 so that your credibility isn't questioned. 😁👍🏼

I’ll be happy enough with a top 10 finish... 👀

• Haha 1

Well, that transfer window messed my spreadsheet right up. I expect an apology from Mr. Ashton posthaste. Despicable behaviour.

Regardless, a midfield choice for two of you (one of whom captained his beautiful behind) has departed and suddenly some new blood has added some spice to proceedings. Will Massengo be your answer to life, the universe, and fantasy?

Get your picks in for Birmingham - predicting the lineup will be tricky.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 13:17, RedYoshi said:

For the avoidance of doubt (& now Webster has definitely left) here’s your choice of players:

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Moore, Vyner, Wright

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Brownhill, Eliasson, O’Dowda, Pack, Palmer, Paterson, Rowe, Smith, Szmodics, Walsh, Watkins

Forwards

Diédhiou, Janneh, Semenyo, Taylor, Weimann

Haven't missed anyone, have I? Or does anyone disagree with position assignments? Will update with new signings as and when they happen...

Am I right to assume Pereira will be a defender, Massengo and Nagy midfielders and Afobe a forward?

If so my team this week is Dasilva, Palmer, Afobe (capt.) with subs of Kalas, Nagy and Dièdhiou (vice - capt.)

Also is it a 2:00 cut off this week?

28 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Am I right to assume Pereira will be a defender, Massengo and Nagy midfielders and Afobe a forward?

If so my team this week is Dasilva, Palmer, Afobe (capt.) with subs of Kalas, Nagy and Dièdhiou (vice - capt.)

Also is it a 2:00 cut off this week?

Ah yes, sorry, meant to include the new additions - you are spot on:

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Moore, Pereira, Wright

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Brownhill, Eliasson, Massengo, Nagy, O’Dowda, Palmer, Rowe, Smith, Szmodics, Walsh, Watkins

Forwards

Afobe, Diédhiou, Janneh, Semenyo, Taylor, Weimann

And yeah, we’ll go for 14.00 deadline this week.

Do people want subs on if their first choice doesn’t start, or only if they don’t play at all?

• Like 1

DEF: Kalas (Dasilva)

MID: Eliasson (C) (Palmer)

FWD: Diédhiou (Afobe)

Subs will only come on if starter doesn’t play at all. Proper rules and all that. Perfect for a day when none of us know who’s gonna be playing!

• Like 1

I suffered a pre-season injury and missed the Leeds game but I'm hoping I'm available for selection now so here's my suggestions:

Kalas (Pereira)

Brownhill (Nagy)

Weimann (Fam)

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

I suffered a pre-season injury and missed the Leeds game but I'm hoping I'm available for selection now so here's my suggestions:

Kalas (Pereira)

Brownhill (Nagy)

Weimann (Fam)

@RedYoshi

Am I allowed to nominate Brownhill as captain as this late stage? I forgot about the captain option but no worries if the deadline has passed.

• Like 1

Gameweek 2 Update: The Curse of the Lineup

C18F3D9B-32AE-4163-B953-8CBEBD0FA145.jpeg.2563811168c1708265bd6f86c09725a6.jpeg

@Chessels Chick was the most unfortunate soul when it came to our post-transfer window “your guess is as good as mine” lineup, with Dasilva’s injury and Moore’s absence costing her any defensive points, while - along with myself & @jrt55555 - Palmer was primed to boost the haul only for Eliasson to come on and do nothing for 18 minutes.

Still, her 3 points were enough to move up to second, benefitting from our own rotation policy that saw @hodge, @bissellredhead and @Septic Peg rested for this week.

Meanwhile, @citywest30 has leapt into the top 3 with a week-topping 12 points, being the only player to select Palmer as a starter and thus receive the only attacking points of the round. Surprisingly enough, no-one had Rowe on their team sheet...

Next best, with 10, was @Chivs - which makes sense, considering they replaced not one, not two, but three players in our OTIB Fantasy Team. That’s a real utility player, Mr. Rowe. Their late equaliser equivalent of captaining Brownhill even paid off in similar fashion as he grabbed the last bonus point (Rowe taking the 3, Palmer with 2).

Absent on the forum, but present at the same wedding as myself, @Oubliette23 did manage to submit a team in time. However the celebrations didn’t extend beyond the nuptials, as Hunt’s late appearance and subsequent booking put her in the same boat as @Chessels Chick - pointless in defence, and just 4 from Nagy and captain Diédhiou.

I was just a point ahead of that, while @NNSnse went one better with 6, unluckily not fully benefitting from the successful prediction of Pereira starting the match, due to him not finishing it.

Which brings us last, but obviously not least, to our brand new leader @jrt55555. A third best return of 7 points, thanks to reliable captain Weimann and our Czech mate at the back, sees them open up a 4 point cushion at the top. Whether the target of 55,555 points is realistic or not, it’s a great start.

Won’t be doing it for cup games (mainly because I can’t be bothered to keep editing the spreadsheet every time we make it through a round in the run up to our inevitable FA Cup triumph) but I will be in attendance on Tuesday night so will give you all a Fantasy Scout update instead. It will be really useful, of course, seeing as we’ll be playing the same team on Saturday but will also most definitely not be playing the same team on Saturday.

Bring it on QQPPRR.

Points Breakdown

1. Rowe 10
  2. Palmer 6
  3. Brownhill 3
  4. Afobe 2
  5. Kalas 2
  6. Nagy 2
  7. Weimann 2
  8. Wright 2
  9. Baker 1
  10. Diédhiou 1 
  11. Eliasson 1
  12. Pereira 1
  13. Hunt 0
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, RedYoshi said:

Gameweek 2 Update: The Curse of the Lineup

C18F3D9B-32AE-4163-B953-8CBEBD0FA145.jpeg.2563811168c1708265bd6f86c09725a6.jpeg

@Chessels Chick was the most unfortunate soul when it came to our post-transfer window “your guess is as good as mine” lineup, with Dasilva’s injury and Moore’s absence costing her any defensive points, while - along with myself & @jrt55555 - Palmer was primed to boost the haul only for Eliasson to come on and do nothing for 18 minutes.

Still, her 3 points were enough to move up to second, benefitting from our own rotation policy that saw @hodge, @bissellredhead and @Septic Peg rested for this week.

Meanwhile, @citywest30 has leapt into the top 3 with a week-topping 12 points, being the only player to select Palmer as a starter and thus receive the only attacking points of the round. Surprisingly enough, no-one had Rowe on their team sheet...

Next best, with 10, was @Chivs - which makes sense, considering they replaced not one, not two, but three players in our OTIB Fantasy Team. That’s a real utility player, Mr. Rowe. Their late equaliser equivalent of captaining Brownhill even paid off in similar fashion as he grabbed the last bonus point (Rowe taking the 3, Palmer with 2).

Absent on the forum, but present at the same wedding as myself, @Oubliette23 did manage to submit a team in time. However the celebrations didn’t extend beyond the nuptials, as Hunt’s late appearance and subsequent booking put her in the same boat as @Chessels Chick - pointless in defence, and just 4 from Nagy and captain Diédhiou.

I was just a point ahead of that, while @NNSnse went one better with 6, unluckily not fully benefitting from the successful prediction of Pereira starting the match, due to him not finishing it.

Which brings us last, but obviously not least, to our brand new leader @jrt55555. A third best return of 7 points, thanks to reliable captain Weimann and our Czech mate at the back, sees them open up a 4 point cushion at the top. Whether the target of 55,555 points is realistic or not, it’s a great start.

Won’t be doing it for cup games (mainly because I can’t be bothered to keep editing the spreadsheet every time we make it through a round in the run up to our inevitable FA Cup triumph) but I will be in attendance on Tuesday night so will give you all a Fantasy Scout update instead. It will be really useful, of course, seeing as we’ll be playing the same team on Saturday but will also most definitely not be playing the same team on Saturday.

Bring it on QQPPRR.

Points Breakdown

1. Rowe 10
  2. Palmer 6
  3. Brownhill 3
  4. Afobe 2
  5. Kalas 2
  6. Nagy 2
  7. Weimann 2
  8. Wright 2
  9. Baker 1
  10. Diédhiou 1 
  11. Eliasson 1
  12. Pereira 1
  13. Hunt 0

This game reminds me of my first game of chess.  Absolutely no idea what the rules are, but I'm enjoying it.

Top 8 finish is the stuff of dreams though.

• Haha 1

Forgot to add what I’ve decided to term “Player Eligibility Updates”. Everything’s gotta have a snappy 3 letter acronym/initialism these days. So...

PEU

@jrt55555 - cannot select Weimann v QPR

@citywest30 - cannot select Palmer v QPR

@Oubliette23 & myself - cannot select Diédhiou v QPR

Thus ends this PEU PSA.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think I’ll pass.........

If it’s a good one, and the recipient scores a goal, you’ll get 3 points!!!1!1!!

• Haha 5

Sorry I totally forgot what with the boy having his op. Soz @RedYoshi

Doing this now so I don't forget... for Saturday I'll pick...

Defender: Hunt (Rowe sub)

Midfield: Palmer (Sideshow Bob sub)

Striker: Weimann (Afobe sub)

Captain: Palmer (V Captain: Weimann)

12 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Sorry I totally forgot what with the boy having his op. Soz @RedYoshi

Doing this now so I don't forget... for Saturday I'll pick...

Defender: Hunt (Rowe sub)

Midfield: Palmer (Sideshow Bob sub)

Striker: Weimann (Afobe sub)

Captain: Palmer (V Captain: Weimann)

No need to apologise - I’d hesitantly suggest that life is slightly more important than frivolous internet games. Hope your son’s ok!

• Thanks 1