IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Well, that transfer window messed my spreadsheet right up. I expect an apology from Mr. Ashton posthaste. Despicable behaviour.

Regardless, a midfield choice for two of you (one of whom captained his beautiful behind) has departed and suddenly some new blood has added some spice to proceedings. Will Massengo be your answer to life, the universe, and fantasy?

Get your picks in for Birmingham - predicting the lineup will be tricky.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

On 03/08/2019 at 13:17, RedYoshi said:

For the avoidance of doubt (& now Webster has definitely left) here’s your choice of players:

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Moore, Vyner, Wright

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Brownhill, Eliasson, O’Dowda, Pack, Palmer, Paterson, Rowe, Smith, Szmodics, Walsh, Watkins

Forwards

Diédhiou, Janneh, Semenyo, Taylor, Weimann

Haven't missed anyone, have I? Or does anyone disagree with position assignments? Will update with new signings as and when they happen...

Am I right to assume Pereira will be a defender, Massengo and Nagy midfielders and Afobe a forward?

If so my team this week is Dasilva, Palmer, Afobe (capt.) with subs of Kalas, Nagy and Dièdhiou (vice - capt.)

Also is it a 2:00 cut off this week?

28 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Am I right to assume Pereira will be a defender, Massengo and Nagy midfielders and Afobe a forward?

If so my team this week is Dasilva, Palmer, Afobe (capt.) with subs of Kalas, Nagy and Dièdhiou (vice - capt.)

Also is it a 2:00 cut off this week?

Ah yes, sorry, meant to include the new additions - you are spot on:

Defenders

Baker, Dasilva, Hunt, Kalas, Moore, Pereira, Wright

Midfielders

Adelakun, Bakinson, Brownhill, Eliasson, Massengo, Nagy, O’Dowda, Palmer, Rowe, Smith, Szmodics, Walsh, Watkins

Forwards

Afobe, Diédhiou, Janneh, Semenyo, Taylor, Weimann

And yeah, we’ll go for 14.00 deadline this week.

Do people want subs on if their first choice doesn’t start, or only if they don’t play at all?

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

I suffered a pre-season injury and missed the Leeds game but I'm hoping I'm available for selection now so here's my suggestions:

Kalas (Pereira)

Brownhill (Nagy)

Weimann (Fam)

@RedYoshi

Am I allowed to nominate Brownhill as captain as this late stage? I forgot about the captain option but no worries if the deadline has passed.

Gameweek 2 Update: The Curse of the Lineup

C18F3D9B-32AE-4163-B953-8CBEBD0FA145.jpeg.2563811168c1708265bd6f86c09725a6.jpeg

@Chessels Chick was the most unfortunate soul when it came to our post-transfer window “your guess is as good as mine” lineup, with Dasilva’s injury and Moore’s absence costing her any defensive points, while - along with myself & @jrt55555 - Palmer was primed to boost the haul only for Eliasson to come on and do nothing for 18 minutes.

Still, her 3 points were enough to move up to second, benefitting from our own rotation policy that saw @hodge, @bissellredhead and @Septic Peg rested for this week.

Meanwhile, @citywest30 has leapt into the top 3 with a week-topping 12 points, being the only player to select Palmer as a starter and thus receive the only attacking points of the round. Surprisingly enough, no-one had Rowe on their team sheet...

Next best, with 10, was @Chivs - which makes sense, considering they replaced not one, not two, but three players in our OTIB Fantasy Team. That’s a real utility player, Mr. Rowe. Their late equaliser equivalent of captaining Brownhill even paid off in similar fashion as he grabbed the last bonus point (Rowe taking the 3, Palmer with 2).

Absent on the forum, but present at the same wedding as myself, @Oubliette23 did manage to submit a team in time. However the celebrations didn’t extend beyond the nuptials, as Hunt’s late appearance and subsequent booking put her in the same boat as @Chessels Chick - pointless in defence, and just 4 from Nagy and captain Diédhiou.

I was just a point ahead of that, while @NNSnse went one better with 6, unluckily not fully benefitting from the successful prediction of Pereira starting the match, due to him not finishing it.

Which brings us last, but obviously not least, to our brand new leader @jrt55555. A third best return of 7 points, thanks to reliable captain Weimann and our Czech mate at the back, sees them open up a 4 point cushion at the top. Whether the target of 55,555 points is realistic or not, it’s a great start.

Won’t be doing it for cup games (mainly because I can’t be bothered to keep editing the spreadsheet every time we make it through a round in the run up to our inevitable FA Cup triumph) but I will be in attendance on Tuesday night so will give you all a Fantasy Scout update instead. It will be really useful, of course, seeing as we’ll be playing the same team on Saturday but will also most definitely not be playing the same team on Saturday.

Bring it on QQPPRR.

Points Breakdown

1. Rowe 10
  2. Palmer 6
  3. Brownhill 3
  4. Afobe 2
  5. Kalas 2
  6. Nagy 2
  7. Weimann 2
  8. Wright 2
  9. Baker 1
  10. Diédhiou 1 
  11. Eliasson 1
  12. Pereira 1
  13. Hunt 0

1 hour ago, RedYoshi said:

Gameweek 2 Update: The Curse of the Lineup

C18F3D9B-32AE-4163-B953-8CBEBD0FA145.jpeg.2563811168c1708265bd6f86c09725a6.jpeg

@Chessels Chick was the most unfortunate soul when it came to our post-transfer window “your guess is as good as mine” lineup, with Dasilva’s injury and Moore’s absence costing her any defensive points, while - along with myself & @jrt55555 - Palmer was primed to boost the haul only for Eliasson to come on and do nothing for 18 minutes.

Still, her 3 points were enough to move up to second, benefitting from our own rotation policy that saw @hodge, @bissellredhead and @Septic Peg rested for this week.

Meanwhile, @citywest30 has leapt into the top 3 with a week-topping 12 points, being the only player to select Palmer as a starter and thus receive the only attacking points of the round. Surprisingly enough, no-one had Rowe on their team sheet...

Next best, with 10, was @Chivs - which makes sense, considering they replaced not one, not two, but three players in our OTIB Fantasy Team. That’s a real utility player, Mr. Rowe. Their late equaliser equivalent of captaining Brownhill even paid off in similar fashion as he grabbed the last bonus point (Rowe taking the 3, Palmer with 2).

Absent on the forum, but present at the same wedding as myself, @Oubliette23 did manage to submit a team in time. However the celebrations didn’t extend beyond the nuptials, as Hunt’s late appearance and subsequent booking put her in the same boat as @Chessels Chick - pointless in defence, and just 4 from Nagy and captain Diédhiou.

I was just a point ahead of that, while @NNSnse went one better with 6, unluckily not fully benefitting from the successful prediction of Pereira starting the match, due to him not finishing it.

Which brings us last, but obviously not least, to our brand new leader @jrt55555. A third best return of 7 points, thanks to reliable captain Weimann and our Czech mate at the back, sees them open up a 4 point cushion at the top. Whether the target of 55,555 points is realistic or not, it’s a great start.

Won’t be doing it for cup games (mainly because I can’t be bothered to keep editing the spreadsheet every time we make it through a round in the run up to our inevitable FA Cup triumph) but I will be in attendance on Tuesday night so will give you all a Fantasy Scout update instead. It will be really useful, of course, seeing as we’ll be playing the same team on Saturday but will also most definitely not be playing the same team on Saturday.

Bring it on QQPPRR.

Points Breakdown

1. Rowe 10
  2. Palmer 6
  3. Brownhill 3
  4. Afobe 2
  5. Kalas 2
  6. Nagy 2
  7. Weimann 2
  8. Wright 2
  9. Baker 1
  10. Diédhiou 1 
  11. Eliasson 1
  12. Pereira 1
  13. Hunt 0

This game reminds me of my first game of chess.  Absolutely no idea what the rules are, but I'm enjoying it.

Top 8 finish is the stuff of dreams though.

12 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Sorry I totally forgot what with the boy having his op. Soz @RedYoshi

Doing this now so I don't forget... for Saturday I'll pick...

Defender: Hunt (Rowe sub)

Midfield: Palmer (Sideshow Bob sub)

Striker: Weimann (Afobe sub)

Captain: Palmer (V Captain: Weimann)

No need to apologise - I’d hesitantly suggest that life is slightly more important than frivolous internet games. Hope your son’s ok!

Quick reminder (especially @Chessels Chick & @bissellredhead, but never too late for new competitors) that the deadline will again be 14.00.

I’ll inevitably fall out of the habit of posting such reminders each week, so take it as read that it’ll be the same every match. Well, unless the match isn’t at 15.00, of course. That’s right - I saw your eyes light up at the prospect of a high scoring midday kick off loophole.

An hour before kick off, here on out.

My team:

DEF: Moore (Kalas)

MID: Palmer (vc) (Brownhill)

FWD: Afobe (C) (Semenyo)

@citywest30 I’m afraid you’ve also fallen into the Tommy Rowe defensive trap (not a new training ground invention). Feel free to replace, or live on the wild side and trust in supersub Kalas.

On 04/08/2019 at 06:52, Chessels Chick said:

My team v Leeds (subs in brackets)

Kalas (Dasilva) Pack (Palmer) Weimann C (Diedhiou)

On 10/08/2019 at 11:48, Chessels Chick said:

My team v Brum

Dasilva (Moore)

Eliasson (Palmer)

Diedhiou (c) (Afobe)

Have copied my other teams to make sure I don't fall foul of the rules! Might make your job easier too ...

Couple of questions - is it first pick that you can't have in team for three weeks in row? Or only if they play? So non-playing sub can be picked the third week? Have I made this more complicated than I need to??!! Oh and just seen that you will let us know if can't pick a player (is that as sub or first pick??!!!!)

Anyhoo my team v QPR (and hope not fallen foul of rules)

Kalas (Hunt)

Nagy (vc) (Eliasson)

Afobe (c) (Weimann)

Archived