IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Gameweek 4 Update

What a debut!

No, not Massengo (he only got two points - useless!) but @Tom Fleuriot. What a fantastically fantastic way to introduce yourself to the fantastical fantasies of Fantasy OTIB.

Best midfielder? Tom picked him.

Best forward? Tom picked him. And captained him.

Best defender? Ah. Not quite the perfect game, but more about our best defender later.

Meanwhile, Moore, Brownhill (goal & 1 bonus point) and Weimann (goal & 3 bonus points) helped our Tom to a whopping 27 points, just one behind the standard set last match by @Chessels Chick and @citywest30 (10 and 18 points this time round, respectively). Sterling work, that brings him right into contention despite joining the party three games late. We salute you.

However, there was one person who outdid all previous scores by their fellow players, somewhat unexpectedly and fortuitously.

Was it another of our debutants, @Dogbert or @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap? Afraid not.

How about chip player @Septic Peg, using the bottom of the league like a springboard? Nope.

Jack Hunt? Bingo.

That’s right, he of one point in three games infamy, pilloried from pre-match to official match thread meltdowns, is now the proud owner of highest gameweek score thus far.

Not only did he get an assist (VAR proved inconclusive on both Weimann’s laces and Afobe’s pointing), but his knack for getting substituted meant he wasn’t on the pitch when we conceded, leaving him as the only defender who kept a clean sheet. With two bonus points to top it off, he finished with 11 points, beating Rowe’s 10 from the Birmingham game.

Did anyone pick him? Of course not.

Instead, coming in second to our debutant extraordinaire was @hodge, whose choice of Palmer instead of Brownhill saw him finish on 24 points, while the near identical teams of @bissellredhead, @NNSnse (who almost used their Best Of chip on their forward, decided against it, and then picked the best forward anyway) & myself grabbed 22 points each. Didn’t pick Jack Hunt though, did they?

@Septic Peg used the opposite tactic to @NNSnse by choosing Brownhill, then deciding to use the Best Of chip, and ending up with Brownhill anyway. Still worked pretty well, 17 points putting her just one behind @citywest30 who was the only player to choose Weimann but not captain him. No Jack Hunt, either.

Up next were our other debutants, @Dogbert and @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap, whose “unlucky 13” points reflected their unlucky choice of Afobe over Weimann, despite following the apparent (and well executed) debutant law of Brownhill in midfield. Shame a similar law didn’t extend to Jack Hunt though, hey?

Afobe also led the line for @Chivs and @Oubliette23, joining @Chessels Chick to create another Three Musketeers style near identical lineup situation and bagging 10 points apiece. One point fewer than Jack Hunt, that.

And last but by no means least (apart from, you know, having the least amount of points...), our former leader @jrt55555 suffered a rare off-week, being the only player to score in single figures with 8 points. Should’ve picked Jack Hunt, I reckon...

40472F95-4D45-46A2-BB3B-F5046737F4A0.thumb.jpeg.eb66c1878a2dbccaa77c0bfdcdd2fd0d.jpeg

@citywest30 takes to the summit for the first time, a testament to consistency, with rounds of 10, 12, 28 and 18. Also gotta be said that, considering they both missed a week, @hodge and @bissellredhead are in an excellent position. Just goes to show that those lower down have got just as much chance of challenging in the long run.

And so it continues...

Points Breakdown

1. Hunt 11
  2. Weimann 9
  3. Brownhill 7
  4. Palmer 4
  5. Afobe 2
  6. Baker 2
  7. Kalas 2
  8. Massengo 2
  9. Moore 2
  10. Rowe 2
  11. Diédhiou 1
  12. O’Dowda 1
  13. Pereira 1

On 19/08/2019 at 21:51, Chivs said:

Baker (Moore)

Palmer VC (Rowe)

Afobe C (Diedhou - not sure I'm allowed Fam as I picked him twice in a row albeit once as sub?? - I'll sub Semenyo)

Kalas (Moore)

Brownhill VC (Palmer)

Wiemann C (Afobe)

Defender - Kalas (Williams sub)

Midfield -  Eliasson (O'Dowda sub)

Striker - Afobe (Weimann sub)

Captain - Kalas. Vice Capt - Afobe

Edit: Think I've used the strikers twice but seeing as we only have Weimann, Afobe, Fam and Antoine (Janneh is out), I kinda have no choice :(

@jrt55555 - you’ve fallen in to the Tommy trap... he’s not a defender! (For the purposes of this game). Haven’t been able to get online ‘til now, so I’ll allow a change before kick off if you want, or you can just go with Kalas...

Not seen lineup myself (honest, guv!) so here’s my team:

DEF: Kalas (Moore)

MID: Massengo (Palmer)

FWD: Afobe (C)

Also, @Septic Peg, you’re fine on strikers.. Not had Afobe at all, let alone in the past two matches, and only chose Weimann v QPR. It’s only if you have a player for two matches running that you can’t pick them for the next match, and I’ll let you know if that’s the case - if you’ve not received a PEU notification, you’ve got free pickings!

5 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

@jrt55555 - you’ve fallen in to the Tommy trap... he’s not a defender! (For the purposes of this game). Haven’t been able to get online ‘til now, so I’ll allow a change before kick off if you want, or you can just go with Kalas...

Not seen lineup myself (honest, guv!) so here’s my team:

DEF: Kalas (Moore)

MID: Massengo (Palmer)

FWD: Afobe (C)

Also, @Septic Peg, you’re fine on strikers.. Not had Afobe at all, let alone in the past two matches, and only chose Weimann v QPR. It’s only if you have a player for two matches running that you can’t pick them for the next match, and I’ll let you know if that’s the case - if you’ve not received a PEU notification, you’ve got free pickings!

Thanks - that’s fine I’ll go with Kalas ?

On 19/08/2019 at 21:51, Chivs said:

Baker (Moore)

Palmer VC (Rowe)

Afobe C (Diedhou - not sure I'm allowed Fam as I picked him twice in a row albeit once as sub?? - I'll sub Semenyo)

For Boro

Pereira (Moore)

Massengo C (Brownhill)

Afobe VC (Semenyo)

5 hours ago, NNSnse said:

PEU v Middlesbrough

@Dogbert - cannot select Afobe

@jrt55555 - cannot select Kalas

I also cannot select Kalas

@Chessels Chick - cannot select Palmer

@RedYoshi - cannot select Massengo

Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes @RedYoshi ? Feel free to double check

Not all heroes wear capes.

Thanks! And apologies all round, busy week full of Canadian road trips, cider and planes with wonderful people. Mostly @Oubliette23 who is of course the most wonderful of all the wonderful people.

So a quick update for this week - I shall ramble less:

Gameweek 5 Update - The Great Thirty Point Barrier

Gameweek 4 saw a 27 point total. Gameweek 3: two 28 pointers.

This week? Double 29s.

Will Gameweek 6 be the dawning of the first 30 point haul? Time will tell.

All I can tell you now is that the 29s came courtesy of yours truly, and table-topper @citywest30 (no prizes for guessing who’s top this week), each of us with rather different teams: a best-of captaining of Rowe joining forces with Afobe and Hunt to give @citywest30 a much more balanced side to my “captain Afobe and we’ll basically call it quits” attempt.

Close behind came hero @NNSnse on 27 points, with an even more committed “captain Afobe and sod the rest” policy, while @Dogbert didn’t captain Afobe, but cameo captain Hunt helped him up to 23 points.

We then have a torrent of teens: @Oubliette23 the best of them, with 16 points, ahead of the 15 for @Septic Peg and @Tom Fleuriot, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap‘s 14 and the fresh-faced 13 of @Chivs.

All of which leaves us with “just reached secondary school” @jrt55555 on 11, and - after the heights of GW3 - a trip back to primary school for @Chessels Chick on 7.

(@bissellredhead and @hodge were once again marked absent on the register)

Interim reports, therefore:

E1B04104-7706-472F-B0F5-0370DCBA31AA.thumb.jpeg.304f609d565b276d99947f432fd6c2fe.jpeg

We may not break the 30 point barrier this week, but it’s looking likely that @citywest30 will break the 100!

GW5 Points Breakdown

1. Afobe 13
  2. Rowe 6
  3. Weimann 5
  4. Hunt 4
  5. Baker 2
  6. Brownhill 2
  7. Diédhiou 2
  8. Massengo 2
  9. Moore 2
  10. Pereira 2
  11. Kalas 1
  12. Semenyo 1
  13. Palmer 0

Now I’ve had a successful week, here’s the team that’ll get nothing...

DEF: Moore (vc) (Williams)

MID: Brownhill (Palmer)

FWD: Afobe (C) (Weimann)

Quick reminder for @Septic Peg that you can pick anyone this week - worried you’ve been making things harder for yourself by trying to pick completely different players every week...!

1 hour ago, RedYoshi said:

Now I’ve had a successful week, here’s the team that’ll get nothing...

DEF: Moore (vc) (Williams)

MID: Brownhill (Palmer)

FWD: Afobe (C) (Weimann)

Quick reminder for @Septic Peg that you can pick anyone this week - worried you’ve been making things harder for yourself by trying to pick completely different players every week...!

Yes. I have been. Trying to remember whom I've selected or not was a nightmare! Lolz.

Defender: Baker (sub Moore)

Midfielder: Massengo (sub Palmer)

Striker: Afobe (sub Weimann)

Captain Baker and Vice Capt Afobe please.

Archived