IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Gameweek 6 Update - Mistakes

An own goal and an offside-busting header. Taylor Moore probably didn’t hugely enjoy Saturday’s match. Still, he didn’t make as many mistakes as we did...

Mistake 1: choose Taylor Moore

Yep, unsurprisingly, choosing the defender who made mistakes was a mistake. Despite my warning about my team, @NNSnse followed me down the disappointing path and we both ended up with just 5 points. Oops.

Mistake 2: captain a defender

Conceding two goals generally doesn’t bode well for our defensive ranks, and their combined three points is testament to that. So @bissellredhead & @Septic Peg‘s decision to captain Baker left them with less than half of his dozen - 6 points apiece.

Mistake 3: don’t choose Kasey Palmer

None of the aforementioned players chose him, and nor did @Chivs (7 points), @Chessels Chick, @jrt55555 or @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap (8 points each). Why the extra point? Jack Hunt and The Well-Timed Substitutions.

Mistake 4: choose Kasey Palmer, but don’t captain him

Step forth @citywest30, @Dogbert, @Oubliette23 and @hodge. A handy 8 points from Palmer could’ve been so much more, but in a week of low scores you can’t sniff at a solid Baker-less baker’s dozen - or 14 for @hodge (you guessed it: Jack Hunt).

Mistake 5: be someone that isn’t @Tom Fleuriot

Despite making mistakes 1 & 3, @Tom Fleuriot‘s inspired choice of Tommy Rowe (as captain, no less) ensured that such oversights were nullified, with a total of 17 points. Having only played for three weeks, Tom’s been top of two of them, averaging 19.666 points. We are not worthy*.

Mistake 6: consider playing your Overload chip on three midfielders, then back out of it and watch while the midfielders you would’ve chosen score 18 points which, with a captain, would’ve secured you 26 points, but instead you pick the one midfielder who doesn’t do anything and end up with 5 points.

Also known as RedYoshi’s mistake. :glare: :winner_third_h4h:

No mistakes in the table, at least (I hope):

31C14897-F0C4-4EF0-8B17-02B9BAB246B8.thumb.jpeg.e167bd2259430a4d88d10662b04bc67e.jpeg

Indeed, our first centurion @citywest30 is crowned, @Tom Fleuriot begins climbing the table and, yes, those 21 points I missed out on would’ve seen me joint top. Thanks for noticing.

It’s heating up!

* @hodge and @citywest30 might be, averaging 18.5 and 18.333 respectively, but the rest of us sure aren’t.

Gameweek 6 Points Breakdown

1. Eliasson 8
  2. Palmer 8
  3. Rowe 8
  4. O’Dowda 4
  5. Afobe 2
  6. Brownhill 2
  7. Hunt 2
  8. Massengo 2
  9. Weimann 2
  10. Baker 1
  11. Pereira 1
  12. Semenyo 1
  13. Moore -1

36 minutes ago, Dogbert said:

What about if you had him as vice captain and your captain didn't play?

1 hour ago, RedYoshi said:

No mistakes in the table, at least (I hope)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I apologise.

Somehow missed the vice-captain when I originally copied down the teams, so it defaulted to Weimann. Fits with the theme, I spose.

One and all, I give you your actual Gameweek 6 leader: @Dogbert! 19 whole smackeroonies - giving the same average as our overall leader @citywest30 of 18.333. Game on.

Updated table:

6D38DF2B-941A-4087-9CCD-E5BFF270CA8F.thumb.jpeg.67b84244543b65010d11cf3017a5fa56.jpeg

22 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I apologise.

Thank you, no need to apologise, it is an incredible amount of work for you to run this and it is good fun. I just really wanted to highlight my incredible stroke of luck having decided to captain a player who didn't play fantastical prediction skills.

Thanks again for running this! :clapping:

Gameweek 7 Update - The Jamara Diédhunt Scale

All about two players this week - where did you end up on the scale?

0 - Selected Neither: @hodge (7 points)

Spare a thought for our captainless comrade. Rumour has it that Diédhiou was going to get the armband for this week but found himself stranded at home instead - vice-captain Palmer was meant to give him a lift, but erroneously thought he lived in Knowle for some reason.

1 - Selected One, Didn’t Captain: @bissellredhead (13) @citywest30 (16)

Defense beats attack here, with Bissell going big with Diédhiou but top of the table Citywest going that little bigger with Hunt. Both captained their midfielder, though. D’oh.

2 - Selected One, Did Captain: @Chessels Chick, @Chivs, @NNSnse (all 19) @jrt55555 (23)

Interestingly, all four chose a one point midfielder, but JRT’s unique captaining of Hunt gives them a 4 point advantage.

2.5 - Selected Both, Didn’t Captain: @Dogbert (20) @Tom Fleuriot (22)

Better than a Level 2 [Famara], but worse than a Level 2 [Jack], we have Level 2.5. That’s right, I put actual thought into this nonsense. Tom not only pipped Dogbert by the selection of Massengo over Eliasson, but did so whilst submitting picks from behind the overseas firewall of doom via a desperate text to a brother. That’s commitment.

3 - Selected Both, Did Captain: @Oubliette23, @RedYoshi (both 28)

Ending up with exactly the same team (we didn’t copy, guv, honest), Oubliette probably deserves more plaudits due to actually choosing Diédhiou, while I was lazy and relied on the Best Of chip. A very tasty chip it was too, mind. Had one of us given Hunt the armband, we’d be celebrating the first 30 point haul. But we didn’t, so we’re not.

4 - Selected Both, Triple Captained: @Nobody

Throughout history, the highest level on the Jamara Diédhunt Scale has proven to be elusive, and this week is no exception. One day...

An extra little note on golden boy Hunt:

• Gameweeks 1-3: 1 point
  • Gameweeks 4-7: 27 points

Sheesh.

2B268077-79B1-44B8-97E0-CBE591DB9C6A.thumb.jpeg.4e11999323df99de2c25e5831782709a.jpeg

Not too much change up at the top, with a few cutting into @citywest30‘s lead and reaching their century, while @Tom Fleuriot and @Dogbert have nearly eradicated their 3 week deficit with which they started.

Hopefully @Septic Peg & @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap can take that as inspiration - we missed them this week, but hopefully only due to short term injuries and we’ll be welcoming them back v Swansea.

Gameweek 7 Points Breakdown

1. Hunt 10
  2. Diédhiou 8
  3. Williams 3
  4. Baker 2
  5. Massengo 2
  6. Palmer 2
  7. Semenyo 2
  8. Weimann 2
  9. Brownhill 1
  10. Eliasson 1
  11. Moore 1
  12. Rowe 1

Season Points Breakdown

1. Weimann 35
  2. Rowe 30
  3. Hunt 28
  4. Afobe 25
  5. Palmer 24
  6. Brownhill 20
  7. Diédhiou 16
  8. Eliasson 16
  9. Baker 14
  10. Kalas 13
  11. Moore 11
  12. Nagy 11
  13. Massengo 9
  14. O’Dowda 7
  15. Pereira 6
  16. Semenyo 4
  17. Williams 3
  18. Wright 2
  19. Dasilva 1
  20. [Pack] 1
  21. [Paterson] 1
  22. [Taylor] 0

56 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

What was the decision in the end on deadline for submissions?

On 17/08/2019 at 03:13, RedYoshi said:

Quick reminder that the deadline will again be 14.00.

I’ll inevitably fall out of the habit of posting such reminders each week, so take it as read that it’ll be the same every match. Well, unless the match isn’t at 15.00, of course. That’s right - I saw your eyes light up at the prospect of a high scoring midday kick off loophole.

An hour before kick off, here on out.

Think this was before you entered, so may have missed it - and I can’t edit the first post now, sorry!

But yes, “normal” fantasy rules, pre-lineup.

Archived