IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Gameweek 8 Update - Nostradamus Scores

“I’m going to gamble all on a first clean sheet and play the overload chip”.

It may not be quite as poetic as the OG Nostra D, but I’m starting to wonder if @Tom Fleuriot‘s selection was such a “gamble” after all or if he is in fact in possession of a Sports Almanac from the future.

The only slight fumble was the choice of injury prone Baker, but otherwise his full team of defenders saw him to the week-high total of 23 points.

Not far behind, like phoenixes from the ashes, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap & @Septic Peg earned 20 points apiece; LJFC rewarding Hunt’s ludicrous form with the captain’s armband, while real life captain Brownhill rewarded Septic with a performance worthy of 3 bonus points.

Table-topper @citywest30 also backed Jack for a 17 point haul, ahead of a mid-table mélange of foolishly forward-captaining managers: @Chessels Chick (16 - aided by the Brownhill bonus), @Oubliette23 (15 - the only middle manager to not choose Hunt, and it worked), @hodge@NNSnse (both 13 - standard 6-3-4 points accrual), @Chivs and myself (11 each - midfielders unable to star off the bench).

Which brings us to @bissellredhead, @Dogbert & @jrt55555. It’s been said that Nostradamus predicted the Great Fire of London, and while NostraThomas may have been slightly singed, these three were scuppered by putting all their defensive eggs in the source of the fire: the Nathan Baker-y. The only defender to miss out on clean sheet points, he’s responsible for all the single figure totals of the week: 9 apiece for Bissell & Dogbert, and 6 for JRT.

It’s okay though, because with the current rate of injuries we’re all going to end up having to pick the same team every week soon.

9BD047B5-A1E0-486E-A7EB-083C5C490BAB.thumb.jpeg.ac607d9a7a287c155c8fbff70427c41e.jpeg

Top 5 remain the same, while “Fleuriot on Fire” jumps three places to 6th and Chivs drops just below Hodge courtesy of having played more games. With only 5 chips having been played thus far, there’s plenty of time for big changes to come.

Gameweek 8 Points Breakdown

1. Williams 8
  2. Brownhill 6
  3. Hunt 6
  4. Moore 6
  5. Massengo 3
  6. Rowe 3
  7. Diédhiou 2
  8. Weimann 2
  9. Baker 1
  10. Eliasson 1
  11. O’Dowda 1
  12. Palmer 1
  13. Szmodics 1

10 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Did I miss the minimum minutes for a clean sheet rule?

9 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Without meaning to sound greedy, like. 

Haha, yeah I’m afraid so - Williams and Moore got you clean sheets, but Baker didn’t play the required 60mins. Gotta give the rest of us a chance...!

10 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

God knows who I had last week apart from Browny so can you please double check these for me @RedYoshi?

Defender: Hunt (Rowe sub)

Midfield: Massengo (Palmer sub)

Striker: Weimann (Semenyo sub)

Capt: Hunt

VC: Massengo 

Yep, all good - can pick anyone this week :dancing2: keep an eye out for the “PEU” - if you’re not mentioned, then you have no restrictions.

Althooough Rowe is technically a midfielder so you might want a different defensive sub (as unlikely as Hunt not playing may be).

14 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Yep, all good - can pick anyone this week :dancing2: keep an eye out for the “PEU” - if you’re not mentioned, then you have no restrictions.

Althooough Rowe is technically a midfielder so you might want a different defensive sub (as unlikely as Hunt not playing may be).

I always forget he got shoehorned in when Jay did his foot...

Okies. Pop young Ashley in for me then please! Thanks for the info.

Gameweek 9 Update - The Midweek Rush

Sorry folks, a late and swift update today (dunno why I’m apologising, you’re probably glad of less of my rambling).

Absentees: @jrt55555 & @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap - don’t miss out today!

4 points: @Tom Fleuriot

5 points: @NNSnse

8 points: @Chessels Chick

9 points: @citywest30

11 points: @Septic Peg

15 points: @bissellredhead & @Dogbert

17 points: @hodge & myself

20 points: @Oubliette23

21 points: @Chivs 

No surprise that our top three (Chivs, Oubliette & hodge) captained Weimann, while I was the only one to choose a goal scoring defender. Clearly I heaped too much pressure on Mr. Fleuriot last week - sorry! - but he’s still averaging more than the rest of us.

8B563749-6AC9-4218-BF9A-F0B7EA85E712.thumb.jpeg.a7f7055ad9c1d869aef2bd9b71a25a77.jpeg

A special congratulations to @Oubliette23 who was MANAGER OF THE MONTH for September. And I didn’t officially announce it at the time, but August’s manager of the month was, of course, @citywest30. Round of applause for both!

See you at Griffin Park!

Gameweek 9 Points Breakdown

1. Baker 10
  2. Weimann 7
  3. Brownhill 6
  4. Moore 6
  5. Williams 4
  6. Massengo 2
  7. Palmer 2
  8. Rowe 2
  9. Diédhiou 1
  10. Hunt 1