IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Been a while! Update from Reading coming soon, but here's the PEU so you can get picking for today:

PEU v Luton

@hodge - cannot select Palmer

@Chessels Chick - cannot select Hunt or Weimann (great minds - you just posted as I was writing this, might want to alter your subs!)

Everyone else has free rein. @citywest30, @Chivs, @Tom Fleuriot & @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap we missed ya v Reading, come on back!

And pre-match call to everyone else: @jrt55555, @Septic Peg, @bissellredhead, @NNSnse, @Dogbert 

(Rodri added to your forward options, of course - how exciting)

Gameweek 11 Update - Pre-Flight Jitters

It feels an age ago now, but back before we had a striker who's scored against Brazil he scored for us against Reading. And only one of us agreed with the Senegal manager and selected him. Whoops. Shows what we know. But more about our very own Aliou Cissé later.

First, @Chivs@citywest30, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap & @Tom Fleuriot all travelled early for their international duty as the club v country debate reared its ugly head yet again, but @hodge (4 points), @jrt55555 (5) and @Chessels Chick (7) all tried to make them feel better about their absence by picking the one defender who didn't earn a clean sheet and staying grounded with single figures. Blame LJ though, not golden boy Hunt.

Still, it could've been worse for them. They could've chosen this week to play their Triple Captain chip...

Unlucky @NNSnse :facepalm: 

Just the 12 points earned, and the curse of the Triple Captain is alive and well. Probably causes arguments in the cockpit, I suppose.

While @Dogbert (13), @bissellredhead (14) and myself (15) didn't use our single captains particularly well, it turns out that a defender with a clean sheet acts quite well as a co-pilot. We didn't get airborne, but our planes were boarded.

Meanwhile, @Septic Peg managed to taxi down the runway, with a single captain that outdid the triple captains singlehandedly. Captain Williams added an impressive 14 points to Peg's team, but the cabin crew of Palmer and Weimann could only boost that up to 17 overall.

Which leaves us with @Oubliette23. Pre-flight checks (in the form of September's Manager of the Month) had been completed successfully, and not only was Diédhiou on the plane, he was flying the plane. That's 18 points already. Williams was co-pilot (while Palmer was shoved in the hold - we can't expect perfection) and helped bump the score up to an impressive 26 points, 9 points clear for the week. With four 20+ totals in the last five weeks, Oubliette isn't just flying, but breaking all sorts of sound barriers. Incredible form.

IMG_2C926A4BDCA3-1.thumb.jpeg.427ea1efd5f446d8fec06a149c67bc43.jpeg

Unsurprisingly, that's led to a change at the top. Is the 200 coming next, or can someone bring @Oubliette23 back down to earth? You'll need a rocket at this rate.

Aaaaand quickly before the deadline passes, here's my team for this week:

DEF: Moore (Williams)

MID: Palmer (C) (Eliasson)

FWD: Diédhiou (vc) (Weimann)

Gameweek 12 Update - The Best Of a Bad Bunch

Three Best Of chips were played this week, coinciding with potentially our worst performance of the season. Does that mean they were wasted, or did they elevate an otherwise low-scoring week?

Time will tell, but we’ll start with the curse of RedYoshi’s compliments. It happened to Tom Fleuriot, and now it’s turned the best of us into the worst; @Oubliette23’s stunning run of form crashing to a halt with just 5 points thanks to Williams’ own goal. I can only apologise.

One point better off was @jrt55555, with an otherwise satisfying collection of triple 2s, before a foursome of 8 pointers: @hodge, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap (both captaining Weimann), @Chivs and myself (with exactly the same team, foolishly captaining the lowest scorer in Palmer).

Up to 9 points, where we find two of our Best Of players, thus sadly not becoming the best of this week. @NNSnse was rewarded with captain Diédhiou, the best of the forwards with 4 points, but also chose the worst of the defenders in Ashley “minus points” Williams, putting them in the middle of the Gameweek table. @Dogbert, meanwhile, turned to the best of midfield (which, with 2 points, was the worst Best Of option) but also chose the best of defence without the aid of the Best Of chip, and Baker’s 3 points bettered the haul of middle forward Weimann.

The best of the 9 pointers, though, didn’t use their Best Of chip - @Chessels Chick matching NNSnse’s team with a best player captain combined with the worst defender, but crucially holds on to the Best Of chip for a better day.

Up into double figures (not the best week for double figure totals - in fact, one of the worst) and we find @bissellredhead on 10 who, like Chivs and I, chose but didn’t captain best forward Diédhiou - instead opting for Moore, which earned less. @Septic Peg and @Tom Fleuriot didn’t make the same mistake though, both choosing Moore and getting more by captaining Diédhiou (Tom via Best Of), leaving them joint second best on 12 points. Another not best Best Of chip player then, while Peg had used her Best Of better back in Gameweek 4.

Which leaves us with @citywest30, Best Of-less but back to being the best, by virtue of choosing the best of ALL THREE POSITIONS - Diédhiou (C), Baker, and Brownhill - for a “lucky for one” 13 points. Pretty sure that’s the first time the so-called “dream team” has been achieved. A triumphant return then, but have they returned to being best of the bunch?

Let’s find out...

67298DDD-213C-41E4-919C-62350006989E.thumb.jpeg.65b0aea0976cd627fb2e4ecc5808ab14.jpeg

Not quite, @Oubliette23‘s previous form just keeping them clear at the top. The double century awaits, however...

Gameweek 12 Points Breakdown

1. Diédhiou 4
  2. Baker 3
  3. Brownhill 2
  4. Massengo 2
  5. Moore 2
  6. Rowe 2
  7. Weimann 2
  8. Eliasson 1
  9. O’Dowda 1
  10. Palmer 1
  11. Rodri 1
  12. Hunt 0
  13. Williams -1

19 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Pretty sure that’s the first time the so-called “dream team” has been achieved.

CORRECTION: Sorry @citywest30, as impressive as it still is, I have double checked the records and in fact it has been achieved before.

Belated congratulations, therefore, to @Chessels Chick and @Oubliette23, who both managed it against Brentford in GW10: Hunt - 7, Palmer/Massengo - 2, Weimann (C) - 14. Dream team!

Also a reminder for @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap that Rowe is a midfielder for the purposes of the game - your sub & vice captain took care of it for you this week, but just be careful :thumbsup:

My team for tonight:

DEF: Williams (Baker)

MID: Eliasson (Massengo)

FWD: Diédhiou (C) (Rodri vc)

Wow. I struck lucky then ? @RedYoshi do you have a record of which chips have been played? Do we have a best of chip for each position and just 1 triple captain for the season or have I missed something?

Scratch that. Just checked and see we can play each chip twice, once before Xmas and once after. Could I still find out what I've played tho please?

Hey RedYoshi! Have loved playing, but now plan to gracefully withdraw. I’ve been reminded of why I quit gambling and fantasy football all those years ago. I was watching the Preston game and, instead of soaking up the match, I was thinking about whether my players were getting points. 

Thank you for organising, best of luck to us all for the rest of the season!

cheers,

tom

Archived