IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

14 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Best Of-less but back to being the best

Try saying that five times fast.

2 hours ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Hey RedYoshi! Have loved playing, but now plan to gracefully withdraw. I’ve been reminded of why I quit gambling and fantasy football all those years ago. I was watching the Preston game and, instead of soaking up the match, I was thinking about whether my players were getting points. 

Thank you for organising, best of luck to us all for the rest of the season!

cheers,

tom

Missed this round by accident, but it was nice soaking up a victory without any disappointment that someone had picked better players than me...

Cheerio @Tom Fleuriot ??

Morning all!

Sorry, not had time for the Charlton update yet - might have to wait ‘til this evening I’m afraid.

In the meantime:

PEU v Wigan

@citywest30 - cannot select Brownhill

@bissellredhead & @jrt55555 - cannot select Moore

@Oubliette23 - cannot select Weimann

@Chivs - cannot select Palmer or Diédhiou

@hodge - cannot select Moore, Rowe, or Weimann

@citywest30 & @jrt55555 that may affect your choices (sorry!).. Will endeavour to put up the PEU straight after each match in the future - doesn’t need to wait for the full update and will avoid situations such as these! Slap on the wrist for me. :punish:

On 23/10/2019 at 17:36, citywest30 said:

Could I still find out what I've played tho please?

Of course!

Remaining Chips (pre-Christmas)

Triple-cooked (All chips remaining):

@bissellredhead, @Chessels Chick, @Chivs, @hodge@jrt55555, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

Triple captain & Overload left:

@Dogbert & @Oubliette23

Overload left:

@NNSnse & @Septic Peg

Triple Captain left:

@citywest30 

10 games left until Christmas (including today) in which to use ‘em - don’t wanna waste those tasty, tasty chips.

On 24/10/2019 at 00:49, Tom Fleuriot said:

Hey RedYoshi! Have loved playing, but now plan to gracefully withdraw. I’ve been reminded of why I quit gambling and fantasy football all those years ago. I was watching the Preston game and, instead of soaking up the match, I was thinking about whether my players were getting points. 

Thank you for organising, best of luck to us all for the rest of the season!

cheers,

tom

Ah shame, we’ll miss you! Totally get it though, never want to diminish a last minute winner like Wednesday with the thought of “why couldn’t it have been O’Dowda?!” or suchlike.

When the fun stops, stop.

Thanks for playing!

Gameweeks 13 & 14 Update - Late Update, Late Goals

v Charlton:

As I was busy confusing some fellow wedding guests by celebrating for no apparent reason in the corner of a pub, Brownhill had not only given us a night to remember but also earned two of our fantasy players a deluge of points.

@citywest30‘s midfield overload paid off, having captained the architect and included the scorer of that glorious winner for 25 points, while @bissellredhead had captained our captain and finished close behind on 23 points.

The rest of us? Like the 87th minute leavers, we demonstrated poor decision making. A whopping 11 points behind, @Septic Peg‘s Triple Captain at least earned a “best of the rest” position with 12 points, while @Dogbert (scuppered by the red card) and @Oubliette23 (aided by that ball) were the only others to reach double figures on 10.

Diédhiou’s “sub on, score goal, get sent off” routine also excited but then frustrated @jrt55555 (9 points), @Chivs (8 points - which is impressive for a team made up of substitutes, one of which didn’t end up playing at all) and myself (7 points, and a captaincy that saw the red card cost 4 points. It was a rollercoaster wedding), while @hodge also had 7 points but with fewer fireworks.

With three players missing, and the early retirement of another, that left the table looking like this:

31C54FF6-455C-41B3-B513-52B51E2D0CCE.thumb.jpeg.31f43d2971a23b644dadf83142f5bb54.jpeg

We have two double centurions! And @citywest30 has burst back up to the top. Mid table, meanwhile, is getting very tight...

v Wigan:

The glow of that 97th minute winner was clearly still strong by Sunday, as our midfield choices were nearly exclusively either Brownhill or Palmer. 10 out of 12 of us had chosen one of them, while an 11th overloaded on defenders so couldn’t.

They scored a combined 3 points.

D’oh.

This meant that @Oubliette23‘s drop in form continued, earning just 4 points as all three players were subbed off early. @bissellredhead & @NNSnse didn’t fare much better, with 5 points apiece, and @Chessels Chick picked the exact same team as Oubliette and - heartbreakingly - played their Triple Captain chip for just 6 points.

Someone get me McCain’s complaints department. These chips are stale.

Up to double figures and our other chip user @Septic Peg, whose Overload on a defence that conceded two was looking perilous before Pereira popped up with that priceless equaliser and upped the total to 11 points. Unfortunately, no captain had been selected - I think the Overload chip may have caused confusion, so for anyone else unsure: Overload means 3 players from the same position, and that’s your lot. So not a total team of 5 players. Sorry if that wasn’t clear!

@Dogbert and I were also thankful for Pereira’s header, but 1 pointers in midfield and attack gave us just 12 points (Dogbert was the one person who didn’t choose Brownhill or Palmer - but Massengo didn’t do any better), while @jrt55555 did the same in reverse - a goal upfront, but 1 point in midfield and defence. @hodge at least had 2 points from Brownhill so, along with Pereira, snuck up to 13 points, and @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap went one better by captaining Brownhill for 14 points.

The trick, of course, is captaining your goalscorer, and that’s exactly what @citywest30 (20pts) and @Chivs (21pts) did - Weimann earning them both 18 points, and the only difference coming via that Brownhill/Palmer axis.

So, as we embark on the concluding chapter of our “Four Games, Four Days” series (Sat-Wed-Sun-Fri) this is how the table looks:

A7CB8942-6D25-451D-A0B3-35570A41D45C.thumb.jpeg.78b02ca0cb5821806b368ba477f9bcd9.jpeg

Still our two double centurions out in front, while that tight mid table has shuffled around all over the place. Personally, I’m looking forward to @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap‘s storming comeback in the weeks ahead. We always believe!

Phew.

GW13 Points Breakdown (Charlton)

1. Brownhill 10
  2. Palmer 6
  3. Rowe 3
  4. Diédhiou 2
  5. Massengo 2
  6. Moore 2
  7. O’Dowda 2
  8. Williams 2
  9. Eliasson 1
  10. Pereira 1
  11. Rodri 1
  12. Semenyo 1
  13. Weimann 1

GW14 Points Breakdown (Wigan)

1. Pereira 9
  2. Weimann 9
  3. Rowe 5
  4. Eliasson 4
  5. Brownhill 2
  6. O’Dowda 2
  7. Massengo 1
  8. Moore 1
  9. Palmer 1
  10. Rodri 1
  11. Szmodics 1
  12. Williams 1
  13. Baker 0

Like it @jrt55555 - it’s gotta work at some point! TC record so far: 12, 12, 6. Ouch.

Also forgot to announce the October Manager of the Month:

Congratulations to...... @citywest30! A second monthly honour, thanks to a haul of 76pts.

2nd place went to @Oubliette23 with 68, and @bissellredhead not much further back in 3rd with 64.

On to November!

DEF: Moore (Pereira)

MID: Brownhill vc (Rowe)

FWD: Weimann (C) (Rodri)

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

But who is your captain?

Ha - it’s a bit misleading, but Triple Captain doesn’t triple your captain’s points, it means you get three captains and essentially double all of your points. So no need to select a specific captain when playing it!

Archived